LSU-Bama....Who Will You Pull for?

Proud Tiger

I know that bama beating LSU is potentially good for us. So who will you pull for?

As I have said many times before, there is no need for me to kid myself.....I will be rooting for LSU. :cheer:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are ya kidding? We have to be rooting for Bama! We have basically no chance in the SEC West race if LSU beats them. LSU plays Arky and Ole Miss and I don't see them losing to either. If we win out and Bama only loses to us, we win the SEC West. I'm not gonna say it but I'm thinking it, "RT"

There was a thread on this about a week ago...but as i said then..

I LOVE Auburn much much much more than I hate Alabama. So I am always for whatever is best for Auburn. So hell, I'll go ahead and say it, on November 12th only, WAR EAGLE, and ROLL TIDE!

I'll cheer for anything that puts a SEC Championship game birth into our hands.

I think its pretty ignorant to be rooting for LSU. Your obviously ignoring the overrall good for this Auburn football team.

This is common sense, I will be rooting for Bama. We can root against bama 99% of the time, but right now...we need them to win and us to smash them bammers into the ground come Iron Bowl time.

there is NO benefit for Auburn if uat beats LSU. Long term gains happen when

uat loses. Yes we may not win the SEC championship, but the Sugar Bowl this year probably won't be as good a matchup as the capital one or peach.

I can never pull for them, the arrogance, perceived superiority even though facts don't show it, are not worth it.

But if LSU stumbles then I will regroup.

The :uf: definately are huge Auburn fans right now on the other side.

I think its pretty ignorant to be rooting for LSU.  Your obviously ignoring the overrall good for this Auburn football team. 

This is common sense, I will be rooting for Bama.  We can root against bama 99% of the time, but right now...we need them to win and us to smash them bammers into the ground come Iron Bowl time.

193891[/snapback]

ditto.

uat loses. Yes we may not win the SEC championship, but the Sugar Bowl this year probably won't be as good a matchup as the capital one or peach.

I can never pull for them, the arrogance, perceived superiority even though facts don't show it, are not worth it.

The  :uf: definately are huge Auburn fans right now on the other side.

193892[/snapback]

NO benefit? Whare are you talking about? They don't have Croyle next season and will not have long term gains either way. We will beat bama! And just making it to the Sugar Bowl is better than playing a better game in the Capital One or Peach bowl. WINNING THE SEC CHAMPIONSHIP WOULD GIVE US A BETTER SEASON THAN BAMA WOULD HAVE!!!!!

The  :uf: definately are huge Auburn fans right now on the other side.

193892[/snapback]

No benefit???? Are you kidding??? If Bama beats LSU then we have our destiny in our own hands...that is all you can really ask for. I definitely see the benefit of winning another SEC Championship.

Based on your reasoning, we might as well play Bama for 11 games during the season and say screw it to the rest of the season.

I don't understand why ANY Auburn fan would not want Bama to beat LSU. It is like some of you guys would rather see Bama fall instead of see Auburn rise...that is ridiculous!

I think its pretty ignorant to be rooting for LSU.  Your obviously ignoring the overrall good for this Auburn football team. 

This is common sense, I will be rooting for Bama.  We can root against bama 99% of the time, but right now...we need them to win and us to smash them bammers into the ground come Iron Bowl time.

193891[/snapback]

Ignorant? Aren't you the one who tenaciously defends his right to state his opinion here without being criticized? Guess TigerOne is ignorant also huh?

Oh by the way, since you poked fun at my spelling in another post, let me note that in your quoted post, it should be you're not your, and overall not overrall :poke:

Correction: My comments on spelling should have referred to a post by jumbo not vatz22au. The question on the "ignorant" comment stands as posted.

If others want to pull for the enemy that's fine. I just can't do it.

On paper it would be the thing to do, but in the SEC things rarely

work that way. :arky: could beat LSU, and uat has shown to not be a

huge scoring machine.

In the big picture it is always best for uat to lose.

It may be ignorant but thats Ok , I'm still Auburn and I love it. :D

If others want to pull for the enemy that's fine. I just can't do it.

On paper it would be the thing to do, but in the SEC things rarely

work that way.  :arky: could beat LSU, and uat has shown to not be a

huge scoring machine.

In the big picture it is always best for uat to lose.

It may be ignorant but thats Ok , I'm still Auburn and I love it. :D

193909[/snapback]

Right on my friend. :cheer:

I think i'm going to cheer for Ms State  :cheer:

193904[/snapback]

I'll agree with you on that one. But, I will have to pull for Bama to beat LSU when it comes down to it.

honestly i don't care, i'm sick of alabama bandwagon media types and i can't wait for reality to set in so if it happens this weekend it happens. If we don't go to the SEC championship this year its because we lost to LSU not because LSU beat bama.

GEAUX FAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

War Bengal Tigers!! :cheer::lsu: Look, everyone knows that if Bama wins, we again control our own destiny. I got it! But, I plan on being in Athens Georgia that day and no matter what I say or do will have any bearing whatsoever on the outcome of the UA/LSU game. If Bama wins, it will be a gift to the AU nation. But, if they lose, I'm not going to be upset at all. That's exactly what is supposed to happen to Bama every week. :big: If we wanted to still be in the driver's seat, we should have taken care of business against LSU.

193891[/snapback]

Ignorant? Aren't you the one who tenaciously defends his right to state his opinion here without being criticized? Guess TigerOne is ignorant also huh?

Oh by the way, since you poked fun at my spelling in another post, let me note that in your quoted post, it should be you're not your, and overall not overrall :poke:

193905[/snapback]

You might want to recheck your previous posts. I never made fun of your spelling, your calling the wrong person out. Matter of fact, I wasnt even present on that thread.

And yes, its ignorant.....just like calling someone out on something they didnt even do.

Get lame on someone else, I dont have time for it.

I am very conflicted about this one. Either way, as long as AU handles UGA, I will wake up on 11/13 a happy camper! :lsu: wins and I won't have to hear the homers at work on Monday; :ua: wins and AU will control its own destiny. I do think that Houston Nutt will save his job by beating LSU though!

10 years from now, nobody will remember who won the LSU-UAT game. However, we'll probably remember who won the SEC championship, especially if it is 2 years in a row.

193891[/snapback]

193905[/snapback]

You might want to recheck your previous posts. I never made fun of your spelling, your calling the wrong person out.

And yes, its ignorant.....just like calling someone out on something they didnt even do.

193933[/snapback]

I corrected my original post, and apologized for the spelling comment if you will note.

If you read all the responses here, I guess you think a lot of people here are ignorant. I don't call people ignorant because they happen to disagree with me.

10 years from now, nobody will remember who won the LSU-UAT game.  However, we'll probably remember who won the SEC championship, especially if it is 2 years in a row.

193955[/snapback]

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Wouldn't it be great to have a crystal ball to see what Arkansas and Ole Miss are going to do against LSU!

I guess I will be rooting for the best, happiest results for the guys on our team. I suspect they would be happiest with an SEC championship ring on their finger, so I plan to focus on that rather than either Bama or LSU.

I accept no responsibility for my instinctive responses while the game is in progress, however. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be great to have a crystal ball to see what Arkansas and Ole Miss are going to do against LSU!

I guess I will be rooting for the best, happiest results for the guys on our team.  I suspect they would be happiest with an SEC championship ring on their finger, so I plan to focus on that rather than either Bama or LSU. 

I accept no responsibility for my instinctive responses while the game is in progress, however.  :rolleyes:

194002[/snapback]

Some here would call them "ignorant responses" rather than "instinctive responses." :big:

I'm torn (Torn like an old sweater :big: ) about who would have a better chance against LSU. Ole Miss has a stout D and has played well against almost everyone defensively. But, they are inept on offense and no real threat to LSU. I think they would be well served to start Flatt at QB. That gives them a real passing threat and at least an average running attack with Collier.

Arky may have a better chance because of their running game but I think they're in the same boat as Ole Miss with their QB. Johnson has been brutal the times I've seen him. I also think LSU would pound Arky's D-line into submission. I don't see either of these two giving the Beagle Tigers a run.

Archived