Pat Dye condition

TigerOne

Guest Tigrinum Major

It was reported on several news agencies last night that he had kidney stones and was hospitalized.

Never had the pesky things myself, but I hear that they are as painful as childbirth, listening to Jim Dunaway on JOX and reading Shane from Centerpoint's column on finebaum.com.

It was reported on several news agencies last night that he had kidney stones and was hospitalized. 

Never had the pesky things myself, but I hear that they are as painful as childbirth, listening to Jim Dunaway on JOX and reading Shane from Centerpoint's column on finebaum.com.

194299[/snapback]

But are kidney stones as painful as reading Shane of Centerpoint's column, or anything else on finebaum.com? :D

Thoughts & prayers to Coach Dye.

Speaking from experience, I can positively say that kidney stones just may be the most pain a human can endure while not being in a life threatening situation. Imagine golf balls with triple hooks attached being pushed through a garden hose.

A woman friend of mine who has experienced both, said that kidney stones is more painful than giving birth to twins.

Prayers for Pat Dye.

My Dad has these once, first and only time I have ever seen him cry. The doctor told him when it was all over that if he drank two beers a day it would greatly lower the risk of having them. Dad never did drink much, I think I have seen him drink 5 or 6 beers in my whole life. So he cut out milk, (Half a gallon a day) and caffine. Switched to unswet tea and that seemed to do it. Hope Pat has a speedy recovery.

bear_hunting.jpg

Been there, done that. My prayers go out to Coach Dye for a VERY quick recovery.

Well I have too much Iron in my blood.

The Technical name is Hemochromatosis.

When the doctor told me I had it he said your in good company....

I asked what he meant and he said Pat Dye also has it.

you can live a healthy life as long as you catch it early and treat it which is giving blood as much as needed.

I just thought of that when I saw the topic....

News reported this morning that he is expected to be released today and is doing well with antibiotics...That was from WSFA this morning.

Archived