Number of wins by 21 or more pts:

1999: 1

2000: 1

2001: 1

2002: 5

2003: 4

2004: 7

2005: 5

Petrino & Chizik, Borges & Chizik and now Borges & Gibbs. Tuberville has built this program from the ground up. The talent level and depth is good enough to compete for the SEC title and the right combination of coaches will translate into more consistent success. It's been a long time since I felt that Auburn could win any time we took to the field and I'm feeling it again.

:au::football::cheer:

You never cease to amaze stat, I couldn’t agree more CTT has built a great program. :cheers: to continued success of Tuberville, his staff and our Tigers.

:au::cheer:

I think football, more than any other sport, can be affected by coaching. Just look at how many bad schools have turned around the next year thanks to coaching. Our Athletic department needs to step up and put the money together to keep this staff together. I get worried about losing Borges.

This is something that bothered me very much when CTT came to AU. I felt like several of those games the coaches seemed to give up and not make adjustments and AU was blown out when they could have kept it faily close even though it was going to be a loss. Some of that probably goes back to the type of players that were at AU when he first arrived, but part of it goes to the coaching also.

I think both Gibbs and Borges do a good job of adjusting and calling the right plays most of the time.

Well I sense as many others, that there is a dynamic chemistry taking place

on this coaching staff that is translating down to the players. There is a determination and a very strong will to be successful. It is stronger now than ever

and is a result of last season and jetgate from the year before. The foundation is

built, now the urgency, desire, ability and do what it takes attitude is taking over.

Auburn is now in position to contend nationally every year. :yes:

CTT's earlier problems were actually a result of his good character, IMHO. Being such a classy guy, he placed a lot of importance on loyality. That led him to support old friends longer than he should have. He seems to have come to terms with the idea that sometimes loyality has to take a backseat to getting the job done. Or you could say, he's realized that he also owes a debt of loyality to his players and fans to maintain the best possible staff of assistants regardless of his personal ties.

I believe we are the envy of many other programs in this country because of both the talent and the character of our staff, and the quality of the program they have built (including, secretly, that school in west Alabama even if their fans won't admit it openly.)

We have had some very good combos of coaches and we had a bad combo recently. I see a very good combo now if we can keep it together. All of the other very good combos mentioned only stayed together for one year. We have not seen the real rewards that come by have a stable coaching staff. Let's hope that stability is here now.

We have had some very good combos of coaches and we had a bad combo recently. I see a very good combo now if we can keep it together. All of the other very good combos mentioned only stayed together for one year. We have not seen the real rewards that come by have a stable coaching staff. Let's hope that stability is here now.

194751[/snapback]

Not really disagreeing with you but...with program success, you will never have full stability in a coaching staff.

Other programs always raid the good programs for their coaching talent.

That is the cycle of a good program.

IMHO, one of the things I really like about CTT is that when he does have to make a coaching change he tries to find someone who will cause the least amount of disruption to the team as possible. For example, I can remember reading the last few times we have had to make changes that CTT makes the new coach learn the language they have in place as opposed to the whole program trying to learn the terms from the new coach.

Archived