No Respect from SI

aunavy

Just another instance where the National Press does its best to degrade our accomplishments. Just read where Stewart Mandel at SI has Bama playing Notre Dame in the Fiesta while we are relegated to play Florida State in the Peach.

Will we ever get the respect our program is due???? I'm sick of it and hope CTT gets the opportunity to hang 50 on UAT this weekend while the Defense shuts out their vaunted attack.

Please include link always: DKW 86

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...ions/index.html

I don't know, but I do hope that we get some SEC-Pac 10 matchups and can win those....also wouldn't mind a few SEC -Big 12....but really I have always loved how the SEC and Big 10 matchup, they always seem to be hard fought games that are fun to watch no matter the outcome, but come bowl season all my grudges go away and I'm an SEC fan regardless of if its bama, lsu, uga, etc......as I think we play in the best conference in the nation and bowl season is a good time to prove it.

I just hope we take care of our business this weekend and if LSU doesn't lose again hopefully they'll beat UGA, and (correct me if I'm wrong) wouldn't that increase our chances of getting a BCS bowl?? An LSU win in the championship game would give UGA 3 losses and then we'd be the 2nd best team in the entire conference.....anyways, may be wishful thinking, regardless War Eagle and Beat Bama!!!!!!

I could not pull for bama in any game against anybody at anytime..............

198365[/snapback]

I wouldn't say I pull for them, but I expect them to win, because they're an SEC team. I don't get excited if they win a bowl game but I get furious if they let some PAC 10 team hang half a hundred on 'em. Like last year when they lost to Minn. I was so pissed that they let Barber and Maroney run all over them, because a few weeks before they had done such a good job of containing Cadillac and Ronnie. Cheering for UAT during bowl season is like owning an old dog. You don't get excited when he pees outside anymore, but you whip the trash out of him when he pisses on your carpet.

Never be too concerned about the respect or lack of respect given to us by the media. I had rather we go out and EARN it on the field. :au::cheer:

but come bowl season all my grudges go away and I'm an SEC fan regardless of if its bama, lsu, uga, etc......as I think we play in the best conference in the nation and bowl season is a good time to prove it. 

198360[/snapback]

I hope those idiots lose every time they step on the field. I don't care about the SEC championship game or how this conference looks in bowl season as long as UAT loses. If we had done what we needed to we'd be going to Atlanta no questions asked so that's not a justifiable reason to pull for UAT.

One of the biggest AU men I have ever known once told me, "It is never, ever good for Auburn for UAT to win." This is so true. They win, the media's all over it, even if we do as well. They lose and we win, well we're the true powerhouse in this state.

This week, all the hype, all the things that my UAT friends keep saying make me realize how much I hate them and hope we hang 100 on them.

BEAT BAMA

Archived