Prized lineman to AU

TigerOne

Prized offensive lineman commits to AU after visit

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

By PHILLIP MARSHALL

Times Sports Staff pmarsh9485@msn.com

AUBURN - Auburn landed a commitment Monday from one of the nation's hottest offensive line recruits.

Lee Tilley, a 6-foot-6, 320-pound tackle from Columbus, Ohio, announced he plans to sign with the Tigers.

He hopes to graduate early from high school and enroll in January.

Tilley, who let it be known early he planned to go South to play college football, narrowed his choices to Auburn and South Carolina.

He made an official visit to Auburn for Saturday's 28-18 victory over Alabama. He also considered offers from LSU, Florida, Arizona State and Oklahoma.

Tilley told autigers.com, the Web site of Inside The Auburn Tigers magazine, that he liked the way Auburn coaches handled his recruitment.

"Most (other coaches) said they have weaknesses on their offensive line and I could come in and play right away, that I'm better than some of the guys they have," Tilley said. "Auburn never talked bad about their players and they made no promises."

Tilley, who said he had more than 35 scholarship offers, visited Auburn unofficially over the summer while making a tour of college campuses to narrow his choices.

Tilley is Auburn's 14th public commitment.

From Huntsville Times

"Most (other coaches) said they have weaknesses on their offensive line and I could come in and play right away, that I'm better than some of the guys they have," Tilley said. "Auburn never talked bad about their players and they made no promises."

200537[/snapback]

Smart kid.

What a great attitude on that kid. I love it when players don't expect to start, that means that he know he is going to have to work and that will only make him better.

:au: War Eagle!! :au:

AUsome. Let's keep that line stacked up.

After Pat Dye's heyday in the 80's it has often seemed like we are great for a year or two, then fall apart and have to start over. It is really starting to feel like (as some column put it) we can get to the point where we just reload, not rebuild.

We have been consistently in the SEC title hunt for several years. Now I want to see :au: consistently winning SEC Championships and top-10 (end of season) rankings. The coaches seem to be doing it right, by getting quality kids and turning them into good men as well as good football players. With the exception of that recent incident, it seems our players are very rarely in the news for bad things.

:thumbsup: to everyone involved with the Auburn football team.

Archived