Should LSU

EllisHugh

relinquish their 1988 SEC title...you know the one they shared with Auburn...

LSU did beat Auburn. Well, LSU scored more points than Auburn did. But, Auburn scored twice and it took LSU until less than 2 minutes remaining in the game to score. And, LSU scored on a lucky 4th down play. And, LSU's receiver was barely in bounds.

Seems fair to say that Auburn clearly outplayed LSU, and they should be undisputed champs.

Just trying to be fair, you know.

LSU does play Georgia this weekend right?

Better pay attention cause the dawgs are basically playing a home game.

And you don't want to say that Georgis beat LSU.

Something to ponder does the loser of the Championship game get punished in the bowl selection?

In this year's scenario I believe it is the winner that may be punished. The Experts say the Sugar Bowl opponent will be a #13 ranked West Virginia team.

In this year's scenario I believe it is the winner that may be punished. The Experts say the Sugar Bowl opponent will be a #13 ranked West Virginia team.

202197[/snapback]

True, but whoever gets to play WVU gets to see how the spread is run not that crap that Urban tried to call all season. What is the deal with the LSU folks, the national media says Auburn is playing the best ball in the SEC right now and they gotta run around and state the obvious...AU lost to LSU. Get a grip Bayou Bengal faithful, quit running over here and trying to chest pump cause you feel slighted by the media.

202197[/snapback]

True, but whoever gets to play WVU gets to see how the spread is run not that crap that Urban tried to call all season. What is the deal with the LSU folks, the national media says Auburn is playing the best ball in the SEC right now and they gotta run around and state the obvious...AU lost to LSU. Get a grip Bayou Bengal faithful, quit running over here and trying to chest pump cause you feel slighted by the media.

202202[/snapback]

Well they would have been over here sooner, right after it was in print, but since reading for them is more of the exception rather than the rule they had to wait until it hit the talk shows.

or should lsu get over it and take some pride in what their team has done, not show indignation for what others say about them? just a thought.

Its all BS is you ask me....

LSU fans should not worry about what the "media" is saying we are in the SECCG and AU is not. We won the head to head therefore we deserve to be there. It was not luck either that LSU won.........both teams left opportunities on the field.

THAT BEING SAID.........I'M GLAD WE DON'T HAVE TO PLAY AU AGAIN!!! :P:D:lol:

What is the deal with the LSU folks, the national media says Auburn is playing the best ball in the SEC right now and they gotta run around and state the obvious...AU lost to LSU. Get a grip Bayou Bengal faithful, quit running over here and trying to chest pump cause you feel slighted by the media.

202202[/snapback]

All I can make of it is they know it’s true, why else come in droves to an Auburn board when all you can say is “well . . . we beat you guys” or “ well if the lsu receivers hadn’t dropped passes we would have won big.” Shortly after a game in which we too had a dropped touchdown and missed 4 or 5 field goals which was an uncommon event unlike lsu receivers dropping passes.

We got over it, yes it hurt to lose a game we dominated by virtue of a punt return and field goal miscues, but we got over it. That’s the way football goes; the grand humor in all of this is after weeks of NO ONE bringing up the game ESPN mentions that Auburn is the best team in the SEC right now and we are inundated with lsu fans who tell us as auburn fans to stop whining about things but they came over here whining and all you hear still is whining out of them “we beat them 5 weeks ago we must be the best team.”

LSU did beat Auburn.  Well, LSU scored more points than Auburn did.  But, Auburn scored twice and it took LSU until less than 2 minutes remaining in the game to score.  And, LSU scored on a lucky 4th down play.  And, LSU's receiver was barely in bounds.

Seems fair to say that Auburn clearly outplayed LSU, and they should be undisputed champs.

202181[/snapback]

.....Can the mods please talk to this guy....

I can see a football discussion that some people cant agree with...what I dont get is this constant "stirring the pot."

Take it to the woodshed Ellis.

Its all BS is you ask me....

LSU fans should not worry about what the "media" is saying we are in the SECCG and AU is not. We won the head to head therefore we deserve to be there. It was not luck either that LSU won.........both teams left opportunities on the field.

THAT BEING SAID.........I'M GLAD WE DON'T HAVE TO PLAY AU AGAIN!!! :P   :D  :lol:

202228[/snapback]

Finally an LSU fan who is using good sense.

Thank you geauxscott, enjoy the seccg your team won and earned the shot.

If we did play, it would be one hell of a game again. :au:

Let me preface this post by saying that LSU and Georgia have both proven they deserve to be in Atlanta, and the winner should feel good about being the SEC Champion. I also don't believe that there are any merits in "ifs, ands, or buts." With that being said, it is still interesting (to me, at least) to note that if this season had occurred prior to the OT rule , things would be a bit different:

1. Auburn 7-0-1

2. LSU 6-0-2

3. Alabama 6-1-1

And for that matter, overall...

1. Auburn 7-0-1

2. LSU 6-0-2

3. Alabama 6-1-1

4. Georgia 6-2-0

5. South Carolina 5-3-0

6. Florida 5-3-0

If this season has occurred in 1991 or earlier, we'd be talking outright SEC title... of course you'd have to throw out games against the Cocks and Hogs since they weren't in the conference yet, but that wouldn't change the outcome.

So there is reason for us to be proud, but at the same time, LSU got it done when it came to crunch time, and that's what counts.

On a note then, UGA would like to request that we get back our loss against LSU @LSU in 2003 thanks to Billy missing 3 FG's and several dropped passes including a TD.

Thus knocking LSU out of NC contention and thus letting us play OM in the SECCG

:big:

LSU did beat Auburn.  Well, LSU scored more points than Auburn did.  But, Auburn scored twice and it took LSU until less than 2 minutes remaining in the game to score.  And, LSU scored on a lucky 4th down play.  And, LSU's receiver was barely in bounds.

202181[/snapback]

I was typing a response when I realized this post is so dumb it doesn't deserve the time it would take me. What's up with you Ellis Hugh? This isn't ike you.

202181[/snapback]

I was typing a response when I realized this post is so dumb it doesn't deserve the time it would take me. What's up with you Ellis Hugh? This isn't ike you.

202342[/snapback]

Apparently it is like him. I think LSU should...provide free therapy to its fans who seem to be the most insecure fans ever on the brink of an SEC championship. Over the last several days, I have to conclude that they don't think they deserve it.

Apparently it is like him.  I think LSU should...provide free therapy to its fans who seem to be the most insecure fans ever on the brink of an SEC championship.  Over the last several days, I have to conclude that they don't think they deserve it.

202406[/snapback]

No, we think and know we deserve it (most of us anyway). Some LSU fans just can't handle "NOT GETTING RESPECT"........Trust me the football team is getting RESPECT.... We are favorites against UGA at the GEORGIA DOME!!!!!

RESPECT CAN AND HOPEFULLY WILL BE EARNED SATURDAY IN THE SECCG.......RESPECT WILL BE EARNED IF WE GO 12-1!!!! GET OVER IT!!!

2003...LSU wins the national championship

-The national media declares USC as co-champions due to the AP Poll snafu.

-LSU fans whined to high heavens about having to SHARE...<shudder to think> the national Championship.

-They whined SO FRICKIN MUCH that their whines spilled over into Auburn boards and, at times, I felt like they thought WE were to blame. (I guess we COULD'VE just beaten USC for them earlier that year. Maybe that's why they hated us so much after that.)

-"Where's our respect?! Where's our respect?!"

My message to LSU fans in 2003 was this.....YOU WON THE F*#*#* NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. BE HAPPY!!!!

Now in 2005...LSU wins the SEC West

-The national media declares that Auburn may be playing the best football from the SEC

-LSU fans are whining to high heavens about having to SHARE the spotlight with Auburn.

-They are whining SO FRICKIN MUCH that their whines are spilling over into our Auburn board. This time, I guess we are to blame!!

-Again, the mantra is..."Where's our respect?! Where's our respect?!"

My message to the LSU fans in 2005...YOU WON THE F*#$*#% SEC West despite the cultural/economical center of your state DEVASTATED by the worst Natural Disaster in 50 years. You are playing in Atlanta. BE HAPPY!!!

Kwiitcherbitchin. B)

1. Auburn 7-0-1

2. LSU 6-0-2

3. Alabama 6-1-1

And for that matter, overall...

1. Auburn 7-0-1

2. LSU 6-0-2

3. Alabama 6-1-1

4. Georgia 6-2-0

5. South Carolina 5-3-0

6. Florida 5-3-0

Wouldn't LSU be 5-0-3 - didn't they have OT games against UT, uat, and Auburn?

Does 5-0-3 tie with 6-1-1? (Hey - another moral victory!)

No UT outright won i thought. Or did it go into overtime? Regardless I would have given that one to Tennessee on the sole fact that LSU had a 21-0 lead, and could have easily been 24 or 28-0 if Les Miles would have managed the clock a little better. And LSU played at home.. That had to be the most humbling game for Les Miles and his crew from a "We actually have to play anothr half?" point of view. I guess what I am trying to say is even if the have had gone into OT I would have still not given LSU credit for a tie.

In all fairness though, congrats LSU, and bring the SEC Championship to the West.

Archived