Auburn fans take picture with the Bear

LSUTigers1404

20 years after Pat Dye dies and we still talk about what Pat Dye would have done, I will have no problem with it.

My 2 cents...

I think it is tasteless, and every good AU man and woman should be ashamed of these guys.  I bet they tailgate near the intersection where Wire Road turns into a two lane (Busch league AU fans over there...I won't let my visitors go there unless it is on the way to the RV near BE).  No offense to some good fans over there (there has to be some...I've just never seen any), but I have had to apologize way too many times to friends from opposing schools for the behavior over there...

Imagine seeing the roles reversed and Pat Dye was the skeleton (after he passes) at a tailgate in Tuscaloosa.  I also "hear" all of you claiming it was a slam at the fan base, but - if so - why the whiskey bottle? -- clearly a "slam" at Paul Bryant.  Hypocritical?  Yes, Dye enjoys his "toddies" just as much as Mr. Bryant did, and we don't call him "The Drunk."  If this happened in Tuscaloosa after Coach Dye passes, just about everyone hear would have their @ss out of gear and calling the "Bammers" classless.  Those of you who laugh about this or think it is great need to check yourself....no better than the people you look down on or make fun of from the other side.

WDE

203337[/snapback]

It's just the way things are... laugh it up now... but when a BAMA fan starts calling Pat Dye "wormfood", and pulling crap like this skeleton act, keep your mouth shut... It's like i've always heard, if you can dish it out, you better be able to stand up and take it...

203339[/snapback]

But they already have started doing that, and the same people that spent the earlier part of the week (I'll see if I can find the thread, might be banned cause I have a AU in my name but have never posted lol) taking shots at Dye for being in the hospital were the same ones that cried foul 8 days later when that picture came out. Cause if you read that thread, those Auburn guys pretty much just turned the tables cause it was about Dye and his drinking and jokes about him being hospitalized due to it.

Like you said, if your gonna dish it you better be able to take it. Though with this rivalry even the ones that don't dish it have to be able to take it, which is why I take a layed back manner and look for the joke in it while letting it roll off the cheek. Alot of disrespectful things go down in the rivalry in the name of supposed "good clean ribbing".

Take you own admittance of originally coming here to start trouble. That is something I would not do, I would not go to another teams board just to be a jerk and take cheap shots. North Alabama is the worst for that kind of stuff, I have family up there and I would never go up to someone in a Alabama shirt and just start running my mouth........ but I have had people do it to me for wearing a Auburn shirt.

Seriously both sides can show real obsessions in regards to their teams and if you do what I am doing, take a step back and realize that it was a joke about obsession and not the man (probably shouldn't used the bottle, but hey maybe they wanted to tick some Bama fans off or maybe they also saw the Dye thread and were firing back) it is funny.

My favorite guy is the Bama poster that talks about class, dignity and respect and then his signature has a elephant dumping feces on Auburns field and a little guy walking over and whipping out a penis and urinating on a AU. Mean wtf? lol

203357[/snapback]

That was spoken well. It personally doesn't offend me as a bama fan that someone would have a shirt that says, "Bear is dead". It would offend me if I were a relative of him though. I'm doubt very seriously that some of you wouldn't be offended if I walked around wearing a shirt that proclaimed, " Your grandfather/grandmother/mom/dad/brother/sister is dead". I would expect to get punched in the mouth for it. It's amazing to me that we let some things slide in the name of "good natured ribbing". It's also amazing that we try to justify it because the other side did it first. It's not the first time and it won't be the last time though. Oh well, I guess something has to keep this the most hated rivalry.

I can honestly say that I knew nothing about this until I saw it on this board. If it is on RollTideBama.com, I haven't seen it.

20 years after Pat Dye dies and we still talk about what Pat Dye would have done, I will have no problem with it.

203378[/snapback]

That was the point of my earlier post exactly Eric. Auburn doesn't have the same kind of goofy fans that are stuck in the past like Alabama. We don't talk about CSJ, CPD and Bo Jackson in the WWJD theme.

203378[/snapback]

That was the point of my earlier post exactly Eric. Auburn doesn't have the same kind of goofy fans that are stuck in the past like Alabama. We don't talk about CSJ, CPD and Bo Jackson in the WWJD theme.

203380[/snapback]

uhm, i think he's saying that he will have no problem talking about CPD 20 years after he passes... isn't that being "stuck in the past?" or am i missing your point here.

And like I said before, i see more posts mentioning Bear here than i EVER see on ANY alabama board that i frequent. Most of the times, when we DO bring him up, it's because we are talking about an Auburn fan who is obsessed with us being obsessed with CPB. Crap, one of your biggest posters even has a poll on an Alabama site inquiring about this very same thing...

Most of the times, when we DO bring him up, it's because we are talking about an Auburn fan who is obsessed with us being obsessed with CPB

are you serious?

Most of the times, when we DO bring him up, it's because we are talking about an Auburn fan who is obsessed with us being obsessed with CPB

are you serious?

203385[/snapback]

Yeah. He's serious. Here's a perfect example:

Alabama_Crimson_Tide_al28_large.jpg

My 2 cents...

I could see how it would bother some Bama fans. No one wants someone to mock a legend in their books like that.

But, we all have to realize its all in good humor....no need to take it more than what is already there.

My 2 cents...

I could see how it would bother some Bama fans.  No one wants someone to mock a legend in their books like that. 

But, we all have to realize its all in good humor....no need to take it more than what is already there.

203388[/snapback]

the jack bottle pushed it over the line for me... period... maybe i'm wrong, but that was the line for me. i've listened to the "wormfood" jokes and drunk comments about CPB. But to see someone put that much effort into making a public mockery like that of CPB, and putting the jack bottle in his hand, was where it crossed the line for me, to where i had to say something.

Just my opinion, nothing more.

No, I see no Bama fans obsessed with a guy that has been dead for 24 years....

bbryant%20tat.jpg

Bearfairy.jpg

Anyone got the Bear and Franchione print pic? What was it called, Standing in the Shadows?

Barn Obsession

The REAL point here to me is that we even debate what is classless. I mean, have you ever seen any and I mean ANY Alabama board not use the words Barn, AgBarn, Aubarn, TSDTR, Cow College, War Chickens, Moooooo AgEweeeee!. RammerJammer, Viles, Gaytors, UcheaT, etc on almost every post and thread?

Can you even imagine Alabama fans having a debate on all this? Can you? Really?

Can you imagine a thread like this one on a Bama board? A thread where Alabama site members are criticizing other Alabama site members about being classless? Can you? Really?

I have never seen one Bama fan board apologize for all that arrogance? Really? Have you ever seen ONE and I mean ONE board EVER at anytime try and stop the constant slamming of all things not Alabama? Have you? Really?

Please name one Bama board that even tries to reign it in? Come on, name one? Cant do it can you? There are none.

There might be some on this board that get carried away a bit. It might be noticeable at times. But on the whole, you might see UAT, or SPUAT often. Less often, you might see Mullet Nation, or Mullets. A few times you might see Turds, Red Necks, Necks, Those that wear dark pink, etc. Most though you will see, :ua: Bama, Alabama, Tide, etc.

If you could ever find an Auburn board, and there is one I could name, that consistently runs down Alabama with every post it was the one I slammed about running down Vaughn a while back.

If we were as obsessed with running down Tide as some thing we are we would not have already nuked a few user names that we have. BearsDead, deadbear, etc.

I guess it does irritate everyone to have this infantile crap going on. but if you cant take it, DONT DISH IT OUT.

If we let this board run as badly as some Bama boards, we would be calling you the Cheatin Turds far more than the Crimson Tide.

I am DKW, And I approved this message. ;)

203353[/snapback]

Bamavillage.com, and Tide-Talk.com (for the most part)... yes, TI and Bamamag are pretty relentless in their AU bashing... which is why i don't frequent them... i just want to talk football, not a whole bunch of trash... for the most part... some pre-game trash talk is necessary, but that's all in fun... i'm always quick to offer congrats where they are due

203369[/snapback]

You are the type of football fan that helps makes this site great. This has always been a good place to stop by and talk football. Lets hope that success doesn't cause some members to follow the tiderinsider path.

:au:

The REAL point here to me is that we even debate what is classless. I mean, have you ever seen any and I mean ANY Alabama board not use the words Barn, AgBarn, Aubarn, TSDTR, Cow College, War Chickens, Moooooo AgEweeeee!. RammerJammer, Viles, Gaytors, UcheaT, etc on almost every post and thread?

Can you even imagine Alabama fans having a debate on all this? Can you? Really?

Can you imagine a thread like this one on a Bama board? A thread where Alabama site members are criticizing other Alabama site members about being classless? Can you? Really?

I have never seen one Bama fan board apologize for all that arrogance? Really? Have you ever seen ONE and I mean ONE board EVER at anytime try and stop the constant slamming of all things not Alabama? Have you? Really?

Please name one Bama board that even tries to reign it in? Come on, name one? Cant do it can you? There are none.

There might be some on this board that get carried away a bit. It might be noticeable at times. But on the whole, you might see UAT, or SPUAT often. Less often, you might see Mullet Nation, or Mullets. A few times you might see Turds, Red Necks, Necks, Those that wear dark pink, etc. Most though you will see, :ua: Bama, Alabama, Tide, etc.

If you could ever find an Auburn board, and there is one I could name, that consistently runs down Alabama with every post it was the one I slammed about running down Vaughn a while back.

If we were as obsessed with running down Tide as some thing we are we would not have already nuked a few user names that we have. BearsDead, deadbear, etc.

I guess it does irritate everyone to have this infantile crap going on. but if you cant take it, DONT DISH IT OUT.

If we let this board run as badly as some Bama boards, we would be calling you the Cheatin Turds far more than the Crimson Tide.

I am DKW, And I approved this message. ;)

203353[/snapback]

Bamavillage.com, and Tide-Talk.com (for the most part)... yes, TI and Bamamag are pretty relentless in their AU bashing... which is why i don't frequent them... i just want to talk football, not a whole bunch of trash... for the most part... some pre-game trash talk is necessary, but that's all in fun... i'm always quick to offer congrats where they are due

203369[/snapback]

You are the type of football fan that helps makes this site great. This has always been a good place to stop by and talk football. Lets hope that success doesn't cause some members to follow the tiderinsider path.

:au:

203419[/snapback]

'preciate it...

Guest Tigrinum Major
Crap, one of your biggest posters even has a poll on an Alabama site inquiring about this very same thing...

203384[/snapback]

I didn't know we had a poster called "Crap"...

Just to be clear, that "poll" that you refer to was mainly a joke about Bama Delta and her obsession with Tim Tebow

My 2 cents...

I could see how it would bother some Bama fans.  No one wants someone to mock a legend in their books like that. 

203388[/snapback]

the jack bottle pushed it over the line for me... period... maybe i'm wrong, but that was the line for me. i've listened to the "wormfood" jokes and drunk comments about CPB. But to see someone put that much effort into making a public mockery like that of CPB, and putting the jack bottle in his hand, was where it crossed the line for me, to where i had to say something.

Just my opinion, nothing more.

203391[/snapback]

It was a Dickel bottle not Jack, get your whiskey straight.

No, I see no Bama fans obsessed with a guy that has been dead for 24 years....

bbryant%20tat.jpg

Bearfairy.jpg

Anyone got the Bear and Franchione print pic? What was it called, Standing in the Shadows?

Barn Obsession

203404[/snapback]

David -- you beat me to it. Obsession, thy name is bammie. I challenge any bammies out there to find an equivalent AU fan to match the obsessive cumpulsive behavior exhibited by 'Back Tattoo Man' or the poor soul who conceptualized & created 'Fairy Bear.' {Lord, have mercy on me for laughing so hard.} If you can find just one instance of similar behavior, then I will conceed that AU people are just as obsessed as bammie fans. Until then, the entire bammie fan base should know that you are the unquestioned kings of obsession. There is no equal to you. You are the standard, you are unique, ... special even. :lol::lol:

Here's my brother and I posing at another "Shake hands with the Bear" from this year's Iron Bowl. This was the cheaper, $1 location (I don't know if anyone actually paid $1...we definitely didn't)

n7000052_30078413_5113.jpg

Welcome $tein.  I'm guessing from the pic that you are an Auburn man. :lol:

Post often. :thumbsup:   :au:

203682[/snapback]

Yea, I'm the dude on the right and I'm a senior at Auburn...but I'm staying for grad school--2 more football seasons!!!!

Archived