Auburn fans take picture with the Bear

LSUTigers1404

It has...hilarious to read the UT comments though. I agree it may not be in the best tastes ever, but on the Bama boards they are having a full blown conniption over this.

I did about die when I realized I knew those guys. Made it that much funnier.

:nanner::au::nanner:

I wouldn't feel bad Trey. At least one of those same boards spent the better part of the week taking shots at Pat Dye about being in the hospital leading up to the game.

Funny part is a majority of people of the Bama fanbase think the shot is being taken at the Bear when it's actually at the Alabama fan base.

AU BAMA Game $1200 per ticket

Hot Dog In JH $4.00 each

Shaking Hands with the Coach Paul "Dead Bear" Bryant at Tale Gate PRICELESS :lol::lol:

Remember to Use your Visa Card...cause Bear Bryant can't use his AMERICAN EXPRESS.

Not something I'd have done myself, but give 'em points for carrying through w/ the idea. I even guess I can see the bammers side of this, were they to treat Coachs Dye or Tuberville in like manner. ( I'd have no problem w/ Tater Tot )

Still, it could serve as a warning to those who refer to Auburn as a 'cow college' .

Not something I'd have done myself, but give 'em points for carrying through w/ the idea.  I even guess I can see the bammers side of this, were they to treat Coachs Dye or Tuberville in like manner. ( I'd have no problem w/ Tater Tot )

Still, it could serve as a warning to those who refer to Auburn as a 'cow college' .

203119[/snapback]

Well as long as we don't worship them after they're gone and constanly invoke the name of them after said goneness, then they can't do very much. While I appreciate everything former coaches have done and will appreciate everythign Tuberville has done after he is gone, I will not 30 years from now still be invoking the name of Tuberville every time I talk about AU football or hope everyone who coaches here had some relationship to "the Tub". Most importantly, whether there are good times or bad in the future, I will not constantly talk about x number of MNCs and how that makes me better than x team.

Guess what, MNCs are irrelevant since just about anyone that wants to can claim one, and by all the proof, Bama has done that early and often. They haven't had one in over 13 years... I think its about time to stop talking about 1992.

And for anyone who wants to argue about MNCs, I have yet to claim one for last year. While I am extremely proud of the guys for their undefeated season, and while they were definitely deserving of a chance to play for a MNC, they didn't. It sucks, and nobody with authority gave it to us despite all the arguments so I generally feel I live a healthier life without claiming one, as it keeps the people I know from the rest of the SEC schools from constantly nagging me about it.

Well that was my little rant.

That is too funny. The sweatshirts are the icing on the cake, too! :lol: And yes, anyone with a brain can see it's a slam on the bammie fan base & not the Bahr.

And now for my little :rant: on the houndstooth hat: that has to be the most ugliest hat ever to have been worn. {I'm reminded of Rodney Dangerfield's line in Caddyshack: "I'll bet this (holds up ugly golf hat) comes with a bowl of soup if you buy it."} Yet, bammie fans of all shapes & sizes continue to wear this type of hat today in all of its hideous glory. Newsflash to bammie fans: wearing that hat does not make you look like the Bahr. 2nd Newsflash: the Bahr was interested in football, period. It's understood that sartorial splendor was way down on his list of priorities. If you choose to outfit yourself or your unsuspecting infant children in clothes & clothing-like accessories that the Bahr wore when he was alive, then you need to know that you will look end up looking like an old run-down, alcoholic, Arkansas backwoods hick that made his living coaching football at uat. [/rant]

Personally, I think this is a bit tasteless. I understand what these guys are saying and I absolutely hate when Bama fans bring him up ALL THE FREAKING TIME, but this is a bit much. Bear still has family around...I would hate for them to think we are disrepecting him. I think it is more about disrespecting the Bama fans but they could find another way.

Just my .02 and everyone here knows that I am not soft when it comes to things like this...

You know, as long as Bama fans obsess over the bear, and AU fans obsess over Bama fans obessing over the bear, his name will never die. Poor man.

On a side note, I wonder how you guys would react if Bama fans set up a skeleton named Jim Fyffe and had a tape playing him saying WAR EAGLE!!?? Obviously both men greatly impacted each team over the years. With that said, I do see how many Bama fans go way too far with the Bear Bryant years, but I don't see the problem with wearing the silly looking houndstooth hat. Nothing wrong with remembering a coach that meant soo much to our University. My best friend has a tape with Jim Fyffe yelling WAAAAAARR EAGGLLEEE!!!! that he plays after every AU touchdown. Besides knowing that AU just scored, I don't have a problem with it. If he doesn't lose it(and believe me, he won't) he said he'll play it every time AU scores until he's dead.

Guest Tigrinum Major
My best friend has a tape with Jim Fyffe yelling WAAAAAARR EAGGLLEEE!!!! that he plays after every AU touchdown.  Besides knowing that AU just scored, I don't have a problem with it.  If he doesn't lose it(and believe me, he won't) he said he'll play it every time AU scores until he's dead.

203247[/snapback]

Is he yelling War Eagle or TOUCHDOWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNN AUBURNNNNNNNNNNN?

You're right. It's TOUCHDOWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNN AUBURNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Sorry, I try to drown it out. After hearing it three times in three minutes this year, you'd think it would have it's own account in my brain's memory bank. <_<<_< I will say this in my defense, I have heard both about the same amount of times over the last two years. That says a lot.

Personally, I think this is a bit tasteless. I understand what these guys are saying and I absolutely hate when Bama fans bring him up ALL THE FREAKING TIME, but this is a bit much. Bear still has family around...I would hate for them to think we are disrepecting him. I think it is more about disrespecting the Bama fans but they could find another way.

Just my .02 and everyone here knows that I am not soft when it comes to things like this...

203237[/snapback]

you know, anyone who knows me here will know i have a problem with this, just like i have a problem making fun of ANY player, no matter what colors he wears. If y'all think it's so funny, i wonder how you'll react next year if i come to the game with skeletons of Fyffe and Shug and do the same thing, but offer a two for one. My only point is, we should have more respect for those who have passed on. Anyways, i know for a FACT that this site mentions Coach Bryant more than the BAMA sites i frequent (TT and BV). We don't dwell on him, as y'all do, every time the opportunity presents itself.

my rant, sorry if i offend anyone... oh wait, when it comes to this subject, i dont... i have more respect for those who have passed.... which is why i never mention Shug or Fyffe... if i did, you'd have a freaking fit

Well, we have been seeing the "Still Waiting for a National Championship" Skeleton for some time now. So Actually TF, this is kind of payback for all the fun you had with us.

I too have family and friends that if asked would tell you that the Holy Trinity was God, Jesus, and Bear Bryant, not necessarily in that order. They might never go to church, but they have the Bear Shrine always spit polished and orderly. My BIL has or had something like 24-27 images on his Bear Shrine Mantle. It was complete with Elephant figurines in every shape, size and material, all with their heads looking towards Tuscaloosa.

It was a joke.

Perhaps I should consider that picture of the skeleton with the AU on its chest sitting in the lawn chair with the sign waiting for a NC a shot at my dead father since he was a Auburn alumni. Ya know the one that Alabama fans loved to pass around last year and thought was funny. Thats pretty disrespectful.

Or maybe I should take offense to being referred to as a Burner or a Barner and having my University referred to as a cow college or the barn by 1) people who have never set foot in a college classroom, and 2) people who think that Tuscaloosa is a major cosmo city when its the size of the smallest sub's of cities I was raised in. Bryant took that shot, pretty classless. And ya go back and search my posts, you won't find SPUAT or UAT (I refer to Alabama as Ala, UA, Bama) and might find one Bammer. Or how about the whole school down the road bit, that was disrespectful and embraced by the Bama faithful.

I sure didn't see any Bama fans talking about how classless it was in threads that discussed the present, future, and past plans to attempt to cut down the tree at Toomers. Most thought it was funny, the purposeful destruction of a Universities property and tradition....... and it was funny and awesome if they could pull it off.

So ya know what, I think the idea and whole ordeal was funny as hell because it was not......... I say again it was not........ a shot at the Bear. It was a shot at the Alabama fanbase (like the ones above they have taken at us). It did exactly what it was suppose to do also, get Alabama fans all riled up. And their have been shots taken at the dead and sick of Auburn university. Rather than crying about this here, why not go to Bammermag and set them straight about their shots at Dye while he was sick and in the hospital, which proceeded that photo by a week.

Really, you guys like Auwho (thats pretty disrespectful actually to my university) need to lighten up with it......... or set your own house in order first and then you can come and complain about mine.

For the record, no I don't think the skeleton was a shot at my dad, the cow jokes are sometimes funny (especially when your on campus and you see a guy in a AU agriculture shirt with a Bama hat), the cheap shots Bama coaches take at Auburn are funny (1) cause we just aren't that important supposedly, 2) it has bitten all of them in the ass, the cutting of the tree bothers me but I hate thiefs and disrespect for property big time.

I wonder how you guys would react if Bama fans set up a skeleton named Jim Fyffe and had a tape playing him saying WAR EAGLE!!?? 

203247[/snapback]

That would be a flop, because no one knows what he looks like and not too many people (especially not side-walk UAT alumni) would recognize his name or impact at AU. See, we don't go around dressing like CPD, CSJ and other legends. We don't display their images constantly. We don't try to dress like them and make spoofs out of them.

BAMA fans themselves disrespect the Bahr. Example, putting that goofy hat on those twin pudgy blondes and parading them all over on national tv, that $h!t is just wrong. :puke::puke::puke:

Really, you guys like Auwho (thats pretty disrespectful actually to my university) need to lighten up with it......... or set your own house in order first and then you can come and complain about mine.

203308[/snapback]

hey, why do you think i changed it? I sure wasn't asked to change it, i made a concious decision to change it. When i first came here, i was like some of the other fans we get around here, just tryin to make trouble. I was just poppin off and taking shots like the rest of them. However, after some good discussions with the like of Tigrinum Major, Vatz, Ranger, Titan, etc., i decided i liked this site and the people on it. I never really thought about the screenname until a few weeks ago, then decided that maybe, since i have some respect for the people around here, that i might change it...

hope thats ok by you....

My 2 cents...

I think it is tasteless, and every good AU man and woman should be ashamed of these guys. I bet they tailgate near the intersection where Wire Road turns into a two lane (Busch league AU fans over there...I won't let my visitors go there unless it is on the way to the RV near BE). No offense to some good fans over there (there has to be some...I've just never seen any), but I have had to apologize way too many times to friends from opposing schools for the behavior over there...

Imagine seeing the roles reversed and Pat Dye was the skeleton (after he passes) at a tailgate in Tuscaloosa. I also "hear" all of you claiming it was a slam at the fan base, but - if so - why the whiskey bottle? -- clearly a "slam" at Paul Bryant. Hypocritical? Yes, Dye enjoys his "toddies" just as much as Mr. Bryant did, and we don't call him "The Drunk." If this happened in Tuscaloosa after Coach Dye passes, just about everyone hear would have their @ss out of gear and calling the "Bammers" classless. Those of you who laugh about this or think it is great need to check yourself....no better than the people you look down on or make fun of from the other side.

WDE

My 2 cents...

I think it is tasteless, and every good AU man and woman should be ashamed of these guys.  I bet they tailgate near the intersection where Wire Road turns into a two lane (Busch league AU fans over there...I won't let my visitors go there unless it is on the way to the RV near BE).  No offense to some good fans over there (there has to be some...I've just never seen any), but I have had to apologize way too many times to friends from opposing schools for the behavior over there...

Imagine seeing the roles reversed and Pat Dye was the skeleton (after he passes) at a tailgate in Tuscaloosa.  I also "hear" all of you claiming it was a slam at the fan base, but - if so - why the whiskey bottle? -- clearly a "slam" at Paul Bryant.  Hypocritical?  Yes, Dye enjoys his "toddies" just as much as Mr. Bryant did, and we don't call him "The Drunk."  If this happened in Tuscaloosa after Coach Dye passes, just about everyone hear would have their @ss out of gear and calling the "Bammers" classless.  Those of you who laugh about this or think it is great need to check yourself....no better than the people you look down on or make fun of from the other side.

WDE

203337[/snapback]

It's just the way things are... laugh it up now... but when a BAMA fan starts calling Pat Dye "wormfood", and pulling crap like this skeleton act, keep your mouth shut... It's like i've always heard, if you can dish it out, you better be able to stand up and take it...

I thought that it was tasteless too. Remember, in addition to being a coach at a rival football program, he was also a father and a husband. I understand that the AU-UAT rivalry has been a bitter rivalry, for some, but it's just a football game. Remeber the Auburn Creed:

I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.

I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully.

I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men.

I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports to develop these qualities.

I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all.

I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all.

I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

And because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it.

-George Petrie (1945)

The "human touch"...let's not forget what Auburn is all about.

:au:

Reading this thread made me think about another tradition: Toilet paper rolls on Tide detergent boxes.

If Auburn fans had started that and were the ones doing it, I suspect almost every Bama fan would find it insulting. But it began with Bama fans themselves, and the ones that would be most offended if we had invented it are the ones actually doing it. [The rational Bama fans, meanwhile, probably find it nearly as embarrassing as we find it funny.]

"Class" in the pursuit of humor is a personal, subjective opinion anyway, so I never get too upset by what anyone else chooses to think is funny.

Heck, I think it's ironic and somewhat funny that fans on each side tend to stereotype the other side as the "redneck trailer-park dwellers"--and I'm sure trailer-park residents are offended by that.

The REAL point here to me is that we even debate what is classless. I mean, have you ever seen any and I mean ANY Alabama board not use the words Barn, AgBarn, Aubarn, TSDTR, Cow College, War Chickens, Moooooo AgEweeeee!. RammerJammer, Viles, Gaytors, UcheaT, etc on almost every post and thread?

Can you even imagine Alabama fans having a debate on all this? Can you? Really?

Can you imagine a thread like this one on a Bama board? A thread where Alabama site members are criticizing other Alabama site members about being classless? Can you? Really?

I have never seen one Bama fan board apologize for all that arrogance? Really? Have you ever seen ONE and I mean ONE board EVER at anytime try and stop the constant slamming of all things not Alabama? Have you? Really?

Please name one Bama board that even tries to reign it in? Come on, name one? Cant do it can you? There are none.

There might be some on this board that get carried away a bit. It might be noticeable at times. But on the whole, you might see UAT, or SPUAT often. Less often, you might see Mullet Nation, or Mullets. A few times you might see Turds, Red Necks, Necks, Those that wear dark pink, etc. Most though you will see, :ua: Bama, Alabama, Tide, etc.

If you could ever find an Auburn board, and there is one I could name, that consistently runs down Alabama with every post it was the one I slammed about running down Vaughn a while back.

If we were as obsessed with running down Tide as some thing we are we would not have already nuked a few user names that we have. BearsDead, deadbear, etc.

I guess it does irritate everyone to have this infantile crap going on. but if you cant take it, DONT DISH IT OUT.

If we let this board run as badly as some Bama boards, we would be calling you the Cheatin Turds far more than the Crimson Tide.

I am DKW, And I approved this message. ;)

My 2 cents...

I think it is tasteless, and every good AU man and woman should be ashamed of these guys.  I bet they tailgate near the intersection where Wire Road turns into a two lane (Busch league AU fans over there...I won't let my visitors go there unless it is on the way to the RV near BE).  No offense to some good fans over there (there has to be some...I've just never seen any), but I have had to apologize way too many times to friends from opposing schools for the behavior over there...

Imagine seeing the roles reversed and Pat Dye was the skeleton (after he passes) at a tailgate in Tuscaloosa.  I also "hear" all of you claiming it was a slam at the fan base, but - if so - why the whiskey bottle? -- clearly a "slam" at Paul Bryant.  Hypocritical?  Yes, Dye enjoys his "toddies" just as much as Mr. Bryant did, and we don't call him "The Drunk."  If this happened in Tuscaloosa after Coach Dye passes, just about everyone hear would have their @ss out of gear and calling the "Bammers" classless.  Those of you who laugh about this or think it is great need to check yourself....no better than the people you look down on or make fun of from the other side.

WDE

203337[/snapback]

It's just the way things are... laugh it up now... but when a BAMA fan starts calling Pat Dye "wormfood", and pulling crap like this skeleton act, keep your mouth shut... It's like i've always heard, if you can dish it out, you better be able to stand up and take it...

203339[/snapback]

But they already have started doing that, and the same people that spent the earlier part of the week (I'll see if I can find the thread, might be banned cause I have a AU in my name but have never posted lol) taking shots at Dye for being in the hospital were the same ones that cried foul 8 days later when that picture came out. Cause if you read that thread, those Auburn guys pretty much just turned the tables cause it was about Dye and his drinking and jokes about him being hospitalized due to it.

Like you said, if your gonna dish it you better be able to take it. Though with this rivalry even the ones that don't dish it have to be able to take it, which is why I take a layed back manner and look for the joke in it while letting it roll off the cheek. Alot of disrespectful things go down in the rivalry in the name of supposed "good clean ribbing".

Take you own admittance of originally coming here to start trouble. That is something I would not do, I would not go to another teams board just to be a jerk and take cheap shots. North Alabama is the worst for that kind of stuff, I have family up there and I would never go up to someone in a Alabama shirt and just start running my mouth........ but I have had people do it to me for wearing a Auburn shirt.

Seriously both sides can show real obsessions in regards to their teams and if you do what I am doing, take a step back and realize that it was a joke about obsession and not the man (probably shouldn't used the bottle, but hey maybe they wanted to tick some Bama fans off or maybe they also saw the Dye thread and were firing back) it is funny.

My favorite guy is the Bama poster that talks about class, dignity and respect and then his signature has a elephant dumping feces on Auburns field and a little guy walking over and whipping out a penis and urinating on a AU. Mean wtf? lol

The REAL point here to me is that we even debate what is classless. I mean, have you ever seen any and I mean ANY Alabama board not use the words Barn, AgBarn, Aubarn, TSDTR, Cow College, War Chickens, Moooooo AgEweeeee!. RammerJammer, Viles, Gaytors, UcheaT, etc on almost every post and thread?

Can you even imagine Alabama fans having a debate on all this? Can you? Really?

Can you imagine a thread like this one on a Bama board? A thread where Alabama site members are criticizing other Alabama site members about being classless? Can you? Really?

I have never seen one Bama fan board apologize for all that arrogance? Really? Have you ever seen ONE and I mean ONE board EVER at anytime try and stop the constant slamming of all things not Alabama? Have you? Really?

Please name one Bama board that even tries to reign it in? Come on, name one? Cant do it can you? There are none.

There might be some on this board that get carried away a bit. It might be noticeable at times. But on the whole, you might see UAT, or SPUAT often. Less often, you might see Mullet Nation, or Mullets. A few times you might see Turds, Red Necks, Necks, Those that wear dark pink, etc. Most though you will see, :ua: Bama, Alabama, Tide, etc.

If you could ever find an Auburn board, and there is one I could name, that consistently runs down Alabama with every post it was the one I slammed about running down Vaughn a while back.

If we were as obsessed with running down Tide as some thing we are we would not have already nuked a few user names that we have. BearsDead, deadbear, etc.

I guess it does irritate everyone to have this infantile crap going on. but if you cant take it, DONT DISH IT OUT.

If we let this board run as badly as some Bama boards, we would be calling you the Cheatin Turds far more than the Crimson Tide.

I am DKW, And I approved this message. ;)

203353[/snapback]

Bamavillage.com, and Tide-Talk.com (for the most part)... yes, TI and Bamamag are pretty relentless in their AU bashing... which is why i don't frequent them... i just want to talk football, not a whole bunch of trash... for the most part... some pre-game trash talk is necessary, but that's all in fun... i'm always quick to offer congrats where they are due

Archived