Get ready for F-6 tornado in tuscalooser

eagle76

Okay, a slight variation on this theme.

We'll hear from Tebow on Tuesday, meanwhile, Urban Meyer has this happening:

...Jevan Snead, a quarterback recruit from Texas, has de-committed to the Gators, and Josh Portis, Florida's backup quarterback, has decided to transfer after the Outback Bowl.
http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/kscarbinsky.ssf?/base/sports/113429659340360.xml&coll=2&thispage=2

So where does that leave Florida if Tebow goes to Tuscaloosa? Who's in their QB cabinet besides Chris Leak in this case?

204926[/snapback]

To the people saying that it will be a set back if Tebow doesn't commit to Bama... Not hardly. It will suck because we did put all of our recruiting eggs in the Tebow basket, but UF is the team that will really suffer a huge set back if Tebow doesn't commit. The above post is a prime example.

Bama still has a JPW who will only be a soph., and Jimmy Barnes who also was a 4 star(just like Smelley) took a redshirt this year, so all's not lost. UF however, will have NO ONE if Tebow doesn't commit.

Okay, a slight variation on this theme.

We'll hear from Tebow on Tuesday, meanwhile, Urban Meyer has this happening:

...Jevan Snead, a quarterback recruit from Texas, has de-committed to the Gators, and Josh Portis, Florida's backup quarterback, has decided to transfer after the Outback Bowl.
http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/kscarbinsky.ssf?/base/sports/113429659340360.xml&coll=2&thispage=2

So where does that leave Florida if Tebow goes to Tuscaloosa? Who's in their QB cabinet besides Chris Leak in this case?

204926[/snapback]

To the people saying that it will be a set back if Tebow doesn't commit to Bama... Not hardly. It will suck because we did put all of our recruiting eggs in the Tebow basket, but UF is the team that will really suffer a huge set back if Tebow doesn't commit. The above post is a prime example.

Bama still has a JPW who will only be a soph., and Jimmy Barnes who also was a 4 star(just like Smelley) took a redshirt this year, so all's not lost. UF however, will have NO ONE if Tebow doesn't commit.

204932[/snapback]

URGENT ALABAMA WEATHER ADVISORY: All residents are advised to seek immediate shelter . Those with access to storm cellars should occupy them until further notice. Those without such shelters should proceed to a doorframe in the middle of their homes or places of business away from windows until this threat has passed. :moon:

:big: Okay, sorry about that TF. It just seemed funny to me. See, that was the spin he was talking about ... get it?

But it's all a joke and all in fun. Tebow may well end up with a number on the side of his helmet. We'll find out soon enough.

I posted elsewhere on this site, I still think Tebow to Tuscaloosa is a lock. I will be very shocked if he gets to :uf:

But it's all a joke and all in fun. Tebow may well end up with a number on the side of his helmet. We'll find out soon enough.

204945[/snapback]

He's going to Georgia Southern?!?

If tebo goes to uat, will his first lesson be in how to assume the fetal postition behind his "o-line"? :D

This stuff just cracks me up! Grown folks stressing over where an 18 is going to go to college. It doesn't matter people. Maybe I should start my own magazine. There seems to be plenty of people willing to throw big bucks at something based on specualtion and deception.

CTT said it best when asked about recruiting. He said that Miami did not have a top-ten class when he was there, but they won 3 NC's. Coach Dye never had a great class, but won big. Just look at how many "Great" QB's UAT has had sign over the years, only to flop.

This whole process is overblown and overhyped, just like the Hesiman. :au:

This stuff just cracks me up! Grown folks stressing over where an 18 is going to go to college. It doesn't matter people. Maybe I should start my own magazine. There seems to be plenty of people willing to throw big bucks at something based on specualtion and deception.

CTT said it best when asked about recruiting. He said that Miami did not have  a top-ten class when he was there, but they won 3 NC's. Coach Dye never had a great class, but won big. Just look at how many "Great" QB's UAT has had sign over the years, only to flop.

204974[/snapback]

Be very careful seven. Once again I agree with you. :)

204945[/snapback]

204957[/snapback]

You heard it here first, Titan! :big:

204945[/snapback]

204957[/snapback]

204984[/snapback]

I heard he was headed to Vanderbilt, Jay Cutler is a senior and made all SEC. An added plus is their OL gave up less sacks all year than Bama did in the AUBURN game.

CTT said it best when asked about recruiting. He said that Miami did not have  a top-ten class when he was there, but they won 3 NC's. Coach Dye never had a great class, but won big. Just look at how many "Great" QB's UAT has had sign over the years, only to flop.

204974[/snapback]

So 7. you'd rather watch the NBA???? It's just fun stuff to talk about when there's nothing else to do. It also helps us get to know the players we're going to be seeing over the next 4-5 years...harmless fun. Chill, Dude.... ;)

:au::homer:

204974[/snapback]

So 7. you'd rather watch the NBA???? It's just fun stuff to talk about when there's nothing else to do. It also helps us get to know the players we're going to be seeing over the next 4-5 years...harmless fun. Chill, Dude.... ;)

204992[/snapback]

The Canadian Curling Championship was televised yesterday. :big::big:

204974[/snapback]

204992[/snapback]

204997[/snapback]

Hey I saw a bit of that curling thing. Is this a sport that has been made extremely complicated?Those guys with the brushes are annoying, and do they really help?

I would think there is skill involved with the person that slides it.

204974[/snapback]

204992[/snapback]

204997[/snapback]

Hey I saw a bit of that curling thing. Is this a sport that has been made extremely complicated?Those guys with the brushes are annoying, and do they really help?

I would think there is skill involved with the person that slides it.

205021[/snapback]

I've always thought it would be more interesting if the other team played defense.

204945[/snapback]

204957[/snapback]

204984[/snapback]

I heard he was headed to Vanderbilt, Jay Cutler is a senior and made all SEC. An added plus is their OL gave up less sacks all year than Bama did in the AUBURN game.

204988[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

I've always thought it would be more interesting if the other team played defense.

205025[/snapback]

So what you are trying to say is that watching Canadian Curling is much like watching PAC-10 football?

:poke:

Best bammerrag spin yet:

Florida actually came out worse by getting Tebow. They lost Snead and Portis. Leak may enter the draft leaving a true freshman to start @ QB. If Leak stays then Tebow will most likely be starting as a RS Fr. which it tough to do in the SEC. Portis would have had much more time to learn the System and be the starter in 2007. Also w/ CUM's offense it seems very probable to have a QB get injured. No flame to the Gators and I wish we had gotten TT but I feel they did not come out as good as everyone thinks. They may still get BS but who know if he will ever see the field again.

So which is it...Tebow is the best QB in the land when it seems Bama has a shot, or starting as a RS Fr is too tough and Florida is actually worse off with him than without him?

Best bammerrag spin yet:
Florida actually came out worse by getting Tebow. They lost Snead and Portis. Leak may enter the draft leaving a true freshman to start @ QB. If Leak stays then Tebow will most likely be starting as a RS Fr. which it tough to do in the SEC. Portis would have had much more time to learn the System and be the starter in 2007. Also w/ CUM's offense it seems very probable to have a QB get injured. No flame to the Gators and I wish we had gotten TT but I feel they did not come out as good as everyone thinks. They may still get BS but who know if he will ever see the field again.

So which is it...Tebow is the best QB in the land when it seems Bama has a shot, or starting as a RS Fr is too tough and Florida is actually worse off with him than without him?

205413[/snapback]

Whichever makes them feel good at the time.

:puke:

"It doesn't matter people. Maybe I should start my own magazine".

If you spent 5 minutes researching the info in your mag I'd buy it, because that would be 5 minutes more than most of the recruiting clowns apparently spend. I personally think it's fun stuff, sort of a notch above fantasy football, but not as time consuming. it's just that most of the guys covering it are full of crap and so bias it makes my hair hurt. If you dig, you can find some objective facts though. The big question for recruitng spoiled sports is always this: once your coach proves he can analyze talent (like Tubs obviously can), why would you doubt the players he goes after are the best for the team? it's not how highly ranked the players are that you land (once you look @ the "criteria" for getting selected into it, the "Top 100" is a yawner), it's whether you can identify players that fill your needs and then LAND them. Notre Dame and FSU can get virtually anybody they go after hard, but they don't win the MNC because their coaches frequently misjudge their needs and which talent they should go after.

And curling ROCKS...eh? My aunt Lil was like the 1959 women's curling champion of Canada. :cheer:

Archived