Get ready for F-6 tornado in tuscalooser

eagle76

Just after the Iron Bowl, uat fans were positive that Tebow was theirs. Smelley was a great kid but not in the same league as TT. When rumors surfaced that TT might be headed to uf, suddenly, Smelley became more of the type qb that bammar needed.

Other bammar board members have gone as far as proclaiming that TT will win the 453rd mnc if he comes to uat. Others claim that Smelley always was and always will be a bammar fan and that he will come to the crapstone no matter what TT does.

Well, this afternoon, Smelley is expected to commit and possibly to usc and CSS. With all the shifting at the qb position at uf, TT may just commit to uf on Tuesday.

The amount of spin that is going to happen in tuscalooser will be unfathomable. Now we will hear that the existing/remaining qb's at uat are better than either of these two kids and that "daddy's boy" shula knew this all the time. "TT is an option qb that wouldn't fit "our" style" and "Smelley is from a small school and is not prepared for the SEC" -- just to name a few I've already heard. We will hear the qb's were never really an issue and that getting ASmith from Huffman is the only recruit that matters (in reallity, this may be true for them).

If shula loses on both of these recruits after all the talk, effort, and hoop-la surrounding their recruitment to uat, this will be a major setback IMHO.

You are right on. I still think T-bone goes to Fla. but he could surprise people and go somewhere besides Fla. or bama. He has LSU, Sou. Cal. and Michigan in his final list.

I don't really care where "T"Bone goes. Bammer hasn't exactly done a bang up job of developing allegedly GREAT QB's in the past anyhow! Remember Billy Ray, Jeff Dunn, Tyler Watts, Brodie, Mark Guillion from Miami, et al. :thumbsdown: Everyone seems to think just because they go to Bammer they WILL be great...... :puke: hasn't happened! :big: If one or these kids doesn't choose the Bammers, their recruiting season will be a disaster because they have hung their hats on Tebow and Andre Smith although they will probably wind up with Andre "Tarrant Pipeline" Smith who isn't really fooling anyone......

I can't remember where I heard it, but I'm pretty sure it was on Finebaum the other night...he was interviewing one of the Scout.com guys that works with ESPN, and the guy said that he thought AU was much higher up on Andre Smith's list than anyone realized. I don't know how he would know this, since AS has been so quiet about it all, but he said AS was apparently impressed with the atmosphere and what he saw at the AU-UA game. The Scout guy said he thought UA was still at the top, but it wasn't nearly as clearcut as many believe it is, and that AU was really moving up.

Question, isn't Andre the one that was supposedly recruiting FOR UA at the AU-UA game? Seems odd that we could be moving up his list, when he was trying to con people into going to Bama, but who knows. Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger reporting what the dude said on the radio.

:nanner::au::nanner:

Question, isn't Andre the one that was supposedly recruiting FOR UA at the AU-UA game?  Seems odd that we could be moving up his list, when he was trying to con people into going to Bama, but who knows.  Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger reporting what the dude said on the radio.

:nanner:   :au:   :nanner:

204840[/snapback]

That did not happen. His visit that weekend went very good and he left on good terms with the AU coaching staff.

http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?s...opic=21752&st=0

Question, isn't Andre the one that was supposedly recruiting FOR UA at the AU-UA game?  Seems odd that we could be moving up his list, when he was trying to con people into going to Bama, but who knows.  Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger reporting what the dude said on the radio.

204840[/snapback]

That did not happen. His visit that weekend went very good and he left on good terms with the AU coaching staff.

204846[/snapback]

Oh, ok. That's good. Maybe the stuff the Scout guy said was true then. I sure hope so. My apologies for bringing old rumors back up.

:nanner::au::nanner:

204840[/snapback]

204846[/snapback]

Your comments are based on this? :

”It was a great experience,” Smith tells Inside The Auburn Tigers. “I had fun watching two in-state teams battle for a victory. Luckily Auburn won this year. I hate to see a game like that (lopsided) because it was getting good towards the end when Alabama was trying to make a run

Everyone and there grandmother's sister knows Andre and his Uncle were there rooting for the Tide. Andre even went up to Caudle and said," You really want to play for this team? You know Cox is gonna start." Caudle simply replied," I'm gonna learn alot from Brandon...I'm home."

Andre was seen going up to players, asking the same question he did with Caudle.

Well, the spin is starting and Smelley's announcement is still 30 mins away:

Smelley is a Spurrier-type QB. Much like a Wuerffel. Similar in size. He'll do fine at SC. Possibly would have competed at BAMA but we're in pretty good shape with young QB's.

So, he's a 4 star kid right in their backyard, but he only "possibly" would compete at Bama? Yeah right.

Smelley is a Spurrier-type QB. Much like a Wuerffel. Similar in size. He'll do fine at SC. Possibly would have competed at BAMA but we're in pretty good shape with young QB's.

So, he's a 4 star kid right in their backyard, but he only "possibly" would compete at Bama? Yeah right.

204852[/snapback]

I'm just glad USC is in the east and rotates off of Bama's schedule. At least when the kid is throwing for 3000+ per year, it won't be against Bama. Unlike Brandon Cox. <_<

204852[/snapback]

.......possibly? :lol:

Possibly would have competed at Bama? I'm sorry but I just dont see the justification for that ego trip there. There hasn't been a great qb at Bama in ages...

According to that...Cox may have competed at Bama, probably wouldn't of won the job, Shockley...forget about it...he wouldn't even of made 4th string on Bama's team.....Jay Cutler? Who needs him, we got Brodie.

:rolleyes:

204840[/snapback]

204846[/snapback]

”It was a great experience,” Smith tells Inside The Auburn Tigers. “I had fun watching two in-state teams battle for a victory. Luckily Auburn won this year. I hate to see a game like that (lopsided) because it was getting good towards the end when Alabama was trying to make a run

Everyone and there grandmother's sister knows Andre and his Uncle were there rooting for the Tide. Andre even went up to Caudle and said," You really want to play for this team? You know Cox is gonna start." Caudle simply replied," I'm gonna learn alot from Brandon...I'm home."

Andre was seen going up to players, asking the same question he did with Caudle.

204851[/snapback]

No my comment was based on other direct information from another source who is closely involved with recruiting and has daily contact with the AU coaches. I am not at liberty to say who that is, but I trust them when they told me that, they did not tell someone else but me. Not someone on the radio, but it was told to directly me. Nor I did read it on another message board. Believe it or not, that is your choice, but it is what I was told and I trust the person who gave me the info.

Did you and your grandmother's sister hear that? Or did you get it from Aunt Mary who heard it from her nephew who is a frat boy at AU. Who heard it from his Dad sitting on seat 16 row 6 Section 2 who heard it from the guy selling cokes who heard it from the maid at Sewell Hall.

204840[/snapback]

204846[/snapback]

204851[/snapback]

No my comment was based on other direct information from another source who is closely involved with recruiting and has daily contact with the AU coaches. I am not at liberty to say who that is, but I trust them when they told me that, they did not tell someone else but me. Not someone on the radio, but it was told to directly me. Nor I did read it on another message board. Believe it or not, that is your choice, but it is what I was told and I trust the person who gave me the info.

Did you and your grandmother's sister hear that? Or did you get it from Aunt Mary who heard it from her nephew who is a frat boy at AU. Who heard it from his Dad sitting on seat 16 row 6 Section 2 who heard it from the guy selling cokes who heard it from the maid at Sewell Hall.

204855[/snapback]

I heard it the same way you did bud ;) Just seems like the majority opinion on this issue won me over.

Smelley commits to SC.

204858[/snapback]

According to Rivals, you are correct.

Tuscaloosa (Ala.) American Christian four-star quarterback Chris Smelley, the nation’s No. 9 pro-style signal-caller, committed to South Carolina moments ago at a home town press conference. The 6-foot-2, 213-pound Smelley chose the Gamecocks over offers from Tennessee, LSU, Ole Miss, Louisville, NC State, Oregon and others. Stay tuned to GamecockCentral.com for complete coverage of Smelley's big decision

http://southcarolina.rivals.com/

What is your source?

"Quotes" can seem to say something completely other than what was actually said when you do not know the tone of voice, non-verbal clues, circumstances, etc. If what you said are actual quotes it would be nice to her the interpretation from someone who was actually there. The question is a legitimate question for one recruit to ask another and if the others answered the same as Caudle's quote it may have helped him see the light that starting as a freshman is not necessarily the best thing.

I would put my money on Tebow going to UF.  That clip is just a prank pulled on him by one of his teammates.

204860[/snapback]

i know, like i said, wishful thinking... my posts in the other thread "Gatorcountry" or something, have shown why i think he will go to UF... that's fine though. If you have to have everything promised to you to play at UA, i don't want them. I want to bring in guys who want to do whatever they have to to help UA. Sort of like Jimmy Johns. The guy was a standout QB at Brookhaven, but gladly switched to RB and working some at WR to help UA. that's the kind of players i want.

I would put my money on Tebow going to UF.  That clip is just a prank pulled on him by one of his teammates.

204860[/snapback]

i know, like i said, wishful thinking... my posts in the other thread "Gatorcountry" or something, have shown why i think he will go to UF... that's fine though. If you have to have everything promised to you to play at UA, i don't want them. I want to bring in guys who want to do whatever they have to to help UA. Sort of like Jimmy Johns. The guy was a standout QB at Brookhaven, but gladly switched to RB and working some at WR to help UA. that's the kind of players i want.

204864[/snapback]

Was/is Tebow making demands?

204860[/snapback]

204864[/snapback]

204866[/snapback]

anything i could say to answer that question would merely be hearsay, so i'll let someone else who knows better answer. i dont' want to be the bearer of false info or starter of rumors.

the only thing i have seen is that Meyer is making some strategic moves at his QB position, which i interpret as his attempt to show Tebow he could be backup right away. Just speculation though. I have heard that Meyer is saying Tebow could see action pretty quickly.

204860[/snapback]

204864[/snapback]

204866[/snapback]

anything i could say to answer that question would merely be hearsay, so i'll let someone else who knows better answer. i dont' want to be the bearer of false info or starter of rumors.

the only thing i have seen is that Meyer is making some strategic moves at his QB position, which i interpret as his attempt to show Tebow he could be backup right away. Just speculation though. I have heard that Meyer is saying Tebow could see action pretty quickly.

204868[/snapback]

Okey dokey, that is fair enough. I haven't seen or heard of anything like that, but you may be right.

From the comments in e-mails, I think Tebow will be at Bama. There is a lot of abundant optimism in Tuscaloosa for there to be a lot of guess work IMHO.

From the comments in e-mails, I think Tebow will be at Bama. There is a lot of abundant optimism in Tuscaloosa for there to be a lot of guess work IMHO.

204889[/snapback]

I just dont know.....You should've seen his last home game. Not only was Urban & a Florida Safety sitting next to his parents (which might I add are big UF fans)....the stadium was decorated with fan signs urging him to UF.

Of course, you stated previously on another thread...Tider Insider says he is a lock....Its TI :blink:

I think the most accurate statement we can all make, including sites such as TI is that no one has a clue, but its between Florida and Alabama.

My guess is he goes to UF....homestate, parents are big UF fans, alot of the homecrowd is wanting him to go to UF.

Okay, a slight variation on this theme.

We'll hear from Tebow on Tuesday, meanwhile, Urban Meyer has this happening:

...Jevan Snead, a quarterback recruit from Texas, has de-committed to the Gators, and Josh Portis, Florida's backup quarterback, has decided to transfer after the Outback Bowl.
http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/kscarbinsky.ssf?/base/sports/113429659340360.xml&coll=2&thispage=2

So where does that leave Florida if Tebow goes to Tuscaloosa? Who's in their QB cabinet besides Chris Leak in this case?

Archived