Recruiting for Auburn

Aubie7

Oh woe is me! We don't have a single commitment from anyone in the top 100! What will we do!? How can we go on?! We will never win again!! I will stress over this right up til signing day again!! I won't be able to sleep or eat, worrying about where these guys are going to go next year!! :(

:poke:

And to think, some people do really get this way over recruting! :roflol:

Thankfully, we don't have to hear the word "Tebow" anymore. :puke: We won't have to deal with that name again until the stadium announcer says "Tebow sacked behind the line by Auburn!" or "Down goes Croyle"(whoops, :o sorry, just a habit!) I mean "Down goes Tebow! AGAIN!! He fumbles and the Tigers have the ball!! :au:

don't we have a message board specifically for recruiting? lets keep recruiting stuff overthere!

205472[/snapback]

Yeah, but that is the only silly thing about this board. A speperate whole section for recruiting. What is the point in that? Besides we are talking about football recruiting and this is the football section. I guess that means logically that everything you post about football recruiting should be posted on both boards.

I never understood why we went to this format. I don't like having to go to two different places for football info. Of course i don't get a vote.

Football recruiting is way more related to football than it is to basketball recruiting or baseball recruiting, etc.

Just a thought.

Oh woe is me! We don't have a single commitment from anyone in the top 100! What will we do!? How can we go on?!  We will never win again!! I will stress over this right up til signing day again!! I won't be able to sleep or eat, worrying about where these guys are going to go next year!!  :(

:poke:

And to think, some people do really get this way over recruting! :roflol:

Thankfully, we don't have to hear the word "Tebow" anymore. :puke:   We won't have to deal with that name again until the stadium announcer says "Tebow sacked behind the line by Auburn!"  or "Down goes Croyle"(whoops,  :o sorry, just a habit!) I mean "Down goes Tebow! AGAIN!! He fumbles and the Tigers have the ball!! :au:

205467[/snapback]

cnnsi.com has Auburn's commitments ranked #9. I don't really put a lot of stock into recruiting though. Sure I want :au: to do well but you can't ever know how the guys will pan out. Like Forest Gump said, "Life's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get."

cnnsi.com top ten

I vote (if I had one) to close the recuiting board and post everything here until after signing day. Recuiting and the bowl game will be the hot topic for the next few weeks.

don't we have a message board specifically for recruiting? lets keep recruiting stuff overthere!

205472[/snapback]

Yeah, but that is the only silly thing about this board. A speperate whole section for recruiting. What is the point in that? Besides we are talking about football recruiting and this is the football section. I guess that means logically that everything you post about football recruiting should be posted on both boards.

I never understood why we went to this format. I don't like having to go to two different places for football info. Of course i don't get a vote.

Football recruiting is way more related to football than it is to basketball recruiting or baseball recruiting, etc.

Just a thought.

205493[/snapback]

i understand your point and you have been a member longer than i have @ aunation, but when recruiting topics regularly appear (and a lot of them) from this point till february it can become overwhelming and needed a place of its own. i was one person that emailed the admins about making it seperate.

i found it cumbersome wading through the recruiting topics while looking for topics about bowl game preparation, injury status, comments from the coaches, coaching updates etc... also i was tired of the speculation headlines and whinning that recruits are looking elsewhere.

on the flip side, if i wanted to get updates about recruiting (as i do now from time to time)the forum dedicated recruiting is simplier to read, wade throught the b.s. and get an update quicker and faster.

B)

Seriously, do we not have one commitment from a top 100? Without going into whether that's important or not, that's just bizarre for a major Div. 1 team that's lost 2 games since November 2003.

People:

I wrote that as a joke! :poke: I could care less who we sign, or when we sign them. The point I was making was that it doesn't matter! :no: I trust the coaching staff. Also, I am not going to stress over what some 18 year old thinks. I was just saying that I think it is funny how grown men, and women, stress over recruiting during the off-season. Take this Tebow thing. I hope I never hear that word again. Great, he went to Florida. Last time I looked, his decision did not affect my payceck, job, or how I feel about my family and friends. :D Lighten up people. :P The players I am worried about are at practice and will be in Orlando in January.

Archived