McElroy

quietfan

Two different papers, two seemingly different spins:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobilere...ll=3&thispage=2

McElroy looking hard at Alabama

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

DALLAS -- Greg McElroy, who has committed to Texas Tech, sported his bright green Southlake High School letter jacket at the Red Raiders' practice Tuesday at Texas Stadium.

McElroy, a Texas Tech commitment since the late summer, has admitted he's taking a hard look at Alabama, whose practice he plans to attend today in advance of Monday's AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic.

"They've been recruiting me hard now since the loss of Tim Tebow," McElroy said. "They have a great tradition, and I've always kind of liked Alabama. But right now I feel real good about Texas Tech, and I'm looking forward to the game."

McElroy said he's developed a good relationship with Tide offensive coordinator David Rader.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/birmingh...2660.xml&coll=2

Quarterback prospect Greg McElroy of Texas' Southlake Carroll High School attended Alabama's practice Wednesday at Southern Methodist University.

However, he said the Crimson Tide has not offered him a scholarship.

McElroy has verbally committed to Texas Tech, although he's had several telephone conversations in recent weeks with Alabama offensive coordinator Dave Rader and made it clear publicly that he was interested in listening.

"It's awfully late in the recruiting process," said McElroy, who had attended Texas Tech's practice at Texas Stadium in Irving on Tuesday. "I'm not really sure where this is going to go. But right now I feel really good about Texas Tech."

How do you "recruit somebody hard" without offering them a scholarship?

Guess it's like Tebow & Smelley: They really want Mustain, but hope McElroy will jump when they call if/when Mustain goes elsewhere. Good luck on that...

Actually Bama never ever offered smelley. Chris told shula that he wanted to play baseball too...and shula didnt want his QB to play baseball and football. So he never offered.

McElroy has an offer and has scheduled an official to ttown. Bama coaches dont expect to get Mustain and would take a verbal from McElroy tomorrow if he gave it.

bama never offers anyone who doesn't commit. When McElroy sticks with TT ya'll will say the offer was pulled before he turned you down.

207673[/snapback]

BINGO! We have a winner!

p.s. flipper would take the kid if he wanted to run track-play water polo-or simply be a cheerleader! :lol::lol::lol:

uaters are TOO funny right now. Amazing to listen to the uat spin machine in overdrive! :roflol::roflol::roflol:

Archived