Lundquist the Moron

DKW 86

During the Iron Bowl he talks about Phillip Marshall having been to all 70 Iron Bowls. Since they started back in the 1890s that would make him about oh 130 years old at least to have a memory of the first one.

Yesterday, covering the Sun Bowl he stated: "Well if you had the over and under at 100 you just lost by two."

Verne, you idiot, 50+38=88, not 98. We here in the :sec: at least have to attend math class to graduate. Maybe the old fool needs to retire.

David i picked up on that too. What's worse, that comment came after a commercial break and it almost sounded like he had been sittin on that over/under comment for a while just waiting to sound 'smart'.

What's worse, that comment came after a commercial break and it almost sounded like he had been sittin on that over/under comment for a while just waiting to sound 'smart'.

207959[/snapback]

It worked, he showed his smarts! :roflol::roflol::roflol:

David i picked up on that too. What's worse, that comment came after a commercial break and it almost sounded like he had been sittin on that over/under comment for a while just waiting to sound 'smart'.

207959[/snapback]

BG, I think you are right. Sadly, I think this is true of most announcers. In fact, i think some of them think these things up before the game even starts, "just in case", which is even worse, since they still usually get it wrong, when they use it... :no::no:

I will never claim to be able to do a play by play and be any good, but good grief where do they get some of these idiots?? It sounds like some of them show up 10 minutes prior to kickoff without preparing for anything...

I will never claim to be able to do a play by play and be any good, but good grief where do they get some of these idiots?? It sounds like some of them show up 10 minutes prior to kickoff without preparing for anything...

I will be the first to admit that I regularly call a better game than any announcer paid today(well, except for Madden).

I may be wrong but I thought Vern was the announcer on Happy Gilmore. He is still better then the (JP) Dave Rowe Big Man on Big Man. Any idea who will announce our game? Another one I hate is the ESPN chick that sounds like a man I think she did a game earlier in the week.

I may be wrong but I thought Vern was the announcer on Happy Gilmore.  He is still better then the (JP) Dave Rowe Big Man on Big Man.  Any idea who will announce our game?  Another one I hate is the ESPN chick that sounds like a man I think she did a game earlier in the week.

208058[/snapback]

saw it somewhere...can't remember where...i believe it is that moron ron franklin :puke::puke: can't stand him....don't remember who is with him... Don't forget our game is on ABC...ABC and ESPN are partners..

I believe it was John Pruett, not Marshall, whom he said had been to 800+ Iron Bowls...but no matter...it was still wrong. :D

:au::homer:

I may be wrong but I thought Vern was the announcer on Happy Gilmore.  He is still better then the (JP) Dave Rowe Big Man on Big Man.  Any idea who will announce our game?  Another one I hate is the ESPN chick that sounds like a man I think she did a game earlier in the week.

208058[/snapback]

saw it somewhere...can't remember where...i believe it is that moron ron franklin :puke::puke: can't stand him....don't remember who is with him... Don't forget our game is on ABC...ABC and ESPN are partners..

208063[/snapback]

I checked it out and it is Vern that makes the call when Happy Gilmore banks the putt off the VW.

i wasn't referring to happy gilmore(whatever that is) i was referring to who is announcing our game tomorrow.. :D

208058[/snapback]

208063[/snapback]

what's wrong with ron franklin, i think he does a better job than anyone on espn

208058[/snapback]

208063[/snapback]

what's wrong with ron franklin, i think he does a better job than anyone on espn

208108[/snapback]

Just hate the way he announces a game...He just doesn't know much about the rules of the game,and his delivery annoys the crap out of me..and saying he does a better job than anyone else on ESPN isn't saying much..

I believe it was John Pruett, not Marshall, whom he said had been to 800+ Iron Bowls...but no matter...it was still wrong.  :D

:au:   :homer:

208064[/snapback]

"Dave the Moron" humbly apologizes...

I believe it was John Pruett, not Marshall, whom he said had been to 800+ Iron Bowls...but no matter...it was still wrong.  :D

:au:   :homer:

208064[/snapback]

"Dave the Moron" humbly apologizes...

208177[/snapback]

NO NO..I meant that THEY were wrong...but it was Pruett...I went back and watched the recording yesterday...but I don't have a link. B)

:au::homer:

The factual background on this started a couple of months ago when John Pruitt wrote an article in the Huntsville Times. I read it but don't know if it still exists in their online archives or not. Someone at a birthday party for John was teasing him about getting old and remarked that "John has probably seen a 100 Iron Bowls." After more tesing from friends and family, John picked up on it and wrote an article in the Times playing like he really had been to a 100, making up stuff for the games beyond his real attendance. And, as Paul Harvey says, that's the rest of the story.

Lundquist got the wrong name. Whether he knew the whole thing of someone attending a 100 Iron Bowls was a joke.....who knows. In his case he probably believed it. :D

Archived