Auburn 14th in both polls

Guest Tigrinum Major

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn dropped 7 spots in the AP. What could have been a top 5 finish, ends up at No. 14, behind 2 SEC teams we beat on the field, as well as LSU and Florida.

How fun was that, Tommy?

Who won the People's Pole ? <_<

Who said the poll system is screwed up??? The Badgers wax us, take a knee to prevent further embarrassment and guess what? We are still ranked ahead of them. :cheer:

Go figure. :blink:

Who said the poll system is screwed up??? The Badgers wax us, take a knee to prevent further embarrassment and guess what? We are still ranked ahead of them.  :cheer:

Go figue. :blink:

208845[/snapback]

That was a class move by Alvarez. He was showing his thanks to CTT because Auburn didn't show up.

Auburn dropped 7 spots in the AP. What could have been a top 5 finish, ends up at No. 14, behind 2 SEC teams we beat on the field, as well as LSU and Florida.

How fun was that, Tommy?

Who won the People's Pole ?  <_<

208843[/snapback]

I've noticed you only post on this football forum when we:

1. Lose

2. Something bad happens

Do you enjoy it?

I liken the polls to GPA. It sure is easy to have 1 bad thing drop you way down, and it sure takes a heckuva lot to bring you back up.

Let 'em have #8. I'll take 2 8 - 1 8 and smile all the way to the THUMB! ! !

:lol::lol::lol:

Yeah ok, so we finished #14. I'd have liked a top 5 finish too but it didn't happen. Such is life. There's always next year......the year of the thumb.

Hey, at least we aren't Tennessee fans, lol.

:AUBig:

Ending the season @ 14 what do you think the chances are of a top 10 preseason spot?

Texas if Young goes Pro will not be a shadow of it self, USC post Bush-Leinhart and maybe White, UAT, LSU, UGA and Ohio State lose a good deal of talent in seniors don’t know about early departures for those teams..

Pure speculation, but I think we might get the bump to 10 based on the way we played at years end. Combined with the talent we have returning, which could be even better if David and Kenny comes back and Stanley stays.

That poll can't even convince normal Alabama fans to believe they're better than Auburn and completely forget getting dominated in the Iron Bowl. It takes a special Alabama fan. One that thinks about the Bear at least every 5 minutes. One that has a tattoo of Stabler right before the Clippingest Clip to end all Clips. One that's bias has no ends and listens to "Back on Top" all day.

I dont think Alabama was better than AU this year...as evidenced by the iron bowl. But i do think we had a better overall season.

209001[/snapback]

Maybe, but which team beat 2 top 10 teams (end of the year poll)?

Oooooooooooook Tubs. Before the season you said: "this is the best team I've ever had" and after the season you said: "We over achieved." So, which is it? This is a spin if I ever heard one...Tubs, do your damn job and just shut up!

Oooooooooooook Tubs. Before the season you said: "this is the best team I've ever had" and after the season you said: "We over achieved." So, which is it? This is a spin if I ever heard one...Tubs, do your damn job and just shut up!

209008[/snapback]

I'll second that. <_<

BTW. We started the season #16 and ended up #14. See, we did improve... :rolleyes:

209008[/snapback]

I'll second that. <_<

BTW. We started the season #16 and ended up #14. See, we did improve... :rolleyes:

209012[/snapback]

this, to BAMA fans, is what is so funny about Auburn fans. We stick by our coach when no one else will, and all are bashing him, we listen to y'all bash BAMA for six weeks after the IB, listen to y'all talk about how Tommy wearing that shirt is great, and shows he supports the players, then bash the HELL out of him when he loses.

it's amazing to me... absolutely FREAKING amazing.

Roll TIDE!!!!!

209008[/snapback]

I'll second that. <_<

209012[/snapback]

this, to BAMA fans, is what is so funny about Auburn fans. We stick by our coach when no one else will, and all are bashing him, we listen to y'all bash BAMA for six weeks after the IB, listen to y'all talk about how Tommy wearing that shirt is great, and shows he supports the players, then bash the HELL out of him when he loses.

Roll TIDE!!!!!

209024[/snapback]

Shug just asked for less talk more performance. That's not bashing. Are you saying that all the bammers supported Shula last year??? :no:

anyone that bashes tubby for this season is A ) a whacko or B ) a moron. we finished in the top 15, lost a total of one conference game in overtime on the road, and swept amen corner. that's a good year no matter how you slice it. to say otherwise just means you have to praise tubby for spoiling you to the point where you can't enjoy success.

could it have been better? yeah. it hurts that our kicker had a crazy off night that (in combination with not finishing drives and giving up a punt return for a touchdown) cost us a shot at an sec title that i think we would've won. it hurts that our offensive gameplan against tech was crap and it cost us a win. it hurts that the defense couldn't get their own shadows on the ground against wisconsin, and we got embarrassed. but those are three games and this was still a very successful season. our guys played hard all year, and they won a lot of big games. we should all be thankful for that instead of bitter about the stuff we didn't win.

you won't always win them all. that's what makes years like 2004 so special. you just identify the problems, try to fix them for next year, and work your butt off to get better. and we fans just salivate until we have a chance to watch the best game in the world again and pull for the boys lucky enough and man enough to wear our colors. just cut out all the negative stuff and think about all the stuff we did right. or think about the negative and talk about ways to improve it instead of being cynical and bitter that you aren't smart enough or charming enough or athletic enough to be a coach/player yourself.

There is only one spot that matters in the final polls. Sure being ranked in the top 10 or top 5 would've been nice but I think the coaches and players learned a lot from this bowl game and hopefully it will show next year.

this, to BAMA fans, is what is so funny about Auburn fans.  We stick by our coach when no one else will, and all are bashing him, we listen to y'all bash BAMA for six weeks after the IB, listen to y'all talk about how Tommy wearing that shirt is great, and shows he supports the players, then bash the HELL out of him when he loses. 

209024[/snapback]

You are joking right? Have you been to bammerrag or turderinsider or listened to Bamabaum? No sir, Bama fans are not sticking by Shula.

And by the way, not all AU fans are bashing Tubs. I was dissappointed in the loss and thought it was Tubs responsibility, but we could also question the seniors on this team as well. Why didn't they step up and motivate. Sometimes another player can have an effect on you more than your coach.

Regardless, I am happy with the season. Most bammers I talk to seem to laugh at Auburn fans who think you can have a good season without an SEC Championship. They have unreal expectations and I do not. I truly believe that 9-3 seasons will be "down" years for AU for then next few (4-5) years. All of those years we will compete for the SEC championship and be in the hunt for the MNC. Maybe not all of those 4-5 years, but at least half of them.

Most bammers would like to believe AU is on the way down and they are entitled to thier opinion. Most bammers think Tubby is a bad coach who doesn't know what he's doing. They entitled to that opinion as well. But most rational AU fans (and even Tim :) ) know that Tubs is building a program that will be strong for a while. We may be entitled to the "reloading not rebuilding" label in the future.

We've got a few doomsdayers here just like every site, but they aren't the norm. But even as negative as they are, we still love 'em! We are a family and every family has that one special person you hope no one knows is related to you. We are a big family so we have a few! :) I'll not name names. So before you lump all of us into a giant Tubs bashing basket, remember what my dad used to tell me, "Believe nothing you hear (or read on the Internet) and only half of what you see."

Guest Tigrinum Major

209008[/snapback]

Actually, the preseason quote was, "This is the most talented team, top to bottom, that we have had here at Auburn." (paraphrased) That is different from "best team".

And to our Bama friends, I simply say:

"4"

209008[/snapback]

Actually, the preseason quote was, "This is the most talented team, top to bottom, that we have had here at Auburn." (paraphrased) That is different from "best team".

And to our Bama friends, I simply say:

"4"

209076[/snapback]

A-men. If you hadn't posted that, I would have.

I gotta tell ya TM, finishing in the top 10 with a 10 win season feels pretty good right now. Don't get me wrong, it stings to have lost four in a row, but it doesn't hurt near as bad to see the Shula win 10 in just his third season.

Archived