Auburn 14th in both polls

Guest Tigrinum Major

I gotta tell ya TM, finishing in the top 10 with a 10 win season feels pretty good right now.  Don't get me wrong, it stings to have lost four in a row, but it doesn't hurt near as bad to see the Shula win 10 in just his third season.

209084[/snapback]

Hang on to that warm fuzzy uat feeling you have for flipper. With the "team" he has coming back , well, 10 wins will be a distant memory and the flipper bashing will AGAIN be in high gear. I do not see any way he makes it at the helm in loserville for another two years.(I would love to see him get a lifetime contract because he will NEVER , just like Bill Curry before him, beat Auburn). But, go ahead and enjoy your 10 wins. I will enjoy the THUMB to Come! :D

War :au: Eagle....4 in a row and the THUMB is on the way. You know it and I know it. :thumbsup:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn finished the season, in the polls, behind teams with a 10 win season or greater.

With the performance, or lack of, that we showed in the C1B, I am happy with the 14th finish. Amen corner sweep, a hell of a season after the loss of 4 first rounders, and a thumb in the eye to come..............................

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............................ 4 in a row and 4 more to go!!!!

Now ROLL THAT!

I dont think Alabama was better than AU this year...as evidenced by the iron bowl. But i do think we had a better overall season.

209001[/snapback]

bg, even you must admit the truth. There is NO WAY that any uater can REALLY think you had a "better" season when you got totally dominated in the IB. If the shoe were on the other foot, I would never make such a comment and I know for sure that you and every uater I know would cry "foul". You know it and I know it. It's okay. If that makes you feel better, but, it just ain't so. :poke:

BTW, at least uat's win and AU's loss has made it possible for you to feel like posting here more often. ;)

Oooooooooooook Tubs. Before the season you said: "this is the best team I've ever had" and after the season you said: "We over achieved." So, which is it? This is a spin if I ever heard one...Tubs, do your damn job and just shut up!

209008[/snapback]

I'll second that. <_<

BTW. We started the season #16 and ended up #14. See, we did improve... :rolleyes:

209012[/snapback]

this, to BAMA fans, is what is so funny about Auburn fans. We stick by our coach when no one else will, and all are bashing him, we listen to y'all bash BAMA for six weeks after the IB, listen to y'all talk about how Tommy wearing that shirt is great, and shows he supports the players, then bash the HELL out of him when he loses.

it's amazing to me... absolutely FREAKING amazing.

Roll TIDE!!!!!

209024[/snapback]

uat "fans" sticking by their "coach"? NOW I have heard it ALL.

p.s. Bricks flying through a window ring a bell? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Typical, VERY typical, uater. B)

Tuberware always talks like a used car salesman its starting to get very old

Oooooooooooook Tubs. Before the season you said: "this is the best team I've ever had" and after the season you said: "We over achieved." So, which is it? This is a spin if I ever heard one...Tubs, do your damn job and just shut up!

209008[/snapback]

I gotta tell ya TM, finishing in the top 10 with a 10 win season feels pretty good right now.  Don't get me wrong, it stings to have lost four in a row, but it doesn't hurt near as bad to see the Shula win 10 in just his third season.

209084[/snapback]

Hang on to that warm fuzzy uat feeling you have for flipper. With the "team" he has coming back , well, 10 wins will be a distant memory and the flipper bashing will AGAIN be in high gear. I do not see any way he makes it at the helm in loserville for another two years.(I would love to see him get a lifetime contract because he will NEVER , just like Bill Curry before him, beat Auburn). But, go ahead and enjoy your 10 wins. I will enjoy the THUMB to Come! :D

War :au: Eagle....4 in a row and the THUMB is on the way. You know it and I know it. :thumbsup:

209105[/snapback]

Don't worry, I will enjoy the 10 wins. I'll also enjoy knowing that it only took "Flipper" three years to reach the 10 win status.

209084[/snapback]

209105[/snapback]

Don't worry, I will enjoy the 10 wins. I'll also enjoy knowing that it only took "Flipper" three years to reach the 10 win status.

209147[/snapback]

exactly... for all the AU fans that say Shula is such a bad coach, i ask you... how many years as a Head Coach did it take Tubs to win 10 games in one season? Shula is in his third year as a head coach, period. And he won ten games, almost won eleven (if we hadn't decided to stay in the locker room after half vs. LSU), and held the nations #2 offense to 10 points. And don't lump me into the typical "uaTer" status. I was one of the first ones on here to congratulate AU on a thorough whipping of UA, up and down the field. Yeah, i may talk a little sometimes, but for the most part, i stay out of pissing contests. My comments here today were based on six weeks of hearing everything BAMA bashed. So yeah, when we defeated a team we were suppossed to lose to, and y'all lost to a team you should have beat handily, i jumped on it for a while. You would have done the same had the roles been reversed.

And you can claim 4 all you want. In my eyes, yeah, the IB is huge. But every other games matters also. At the end of the year, 10-2 is still better than 9-3.

I'll give props to bama's 10 win season.... :thumbsup:

I'll also say that y'all should be on Tenn. board talking about it....we did infact give you a loss B)

209084[/snapback]

That three-win season in his fourth is going to sting like a mother....

Top Ten is ridiculous. Console yourself with that trinket if you want. If Bama is one of the ten best football teams in the country, my grandmother (God rest her) was starting linebacker for the 72 Miami Dolphins.

What did we need to learn from this game? Sorry, we should not be learning things in the 12th game of the year. Lots of film available on Wisconson. Same Auburn players. This was a game we should have walked away with.

Instead, erratic play calling, pee-wee level tackling, no pressure on the QB, did not stop the run, did not cover downfield, dropped passes, turnovers, I'm tired of pointing out the mistakes.

We now finish with a worse record than Alabama, we are ranked lower than Bama, and we have no momentum; ranked outside of next years Top 10. What a tragedy.

Tubs and his staff are paid too much for this kind of screwup. He and the assistance should feel the pressure. For crying out loud, the assistance make more than a Vice President at a fortune 50 company (over $300k); and they only coach a few position players in football.

This is all in my humble but very pissed off opinion (as a 40 year Auburn fan who has been with them thru thick and thin; I suffered thru Doug Barfield when I was a student).

What did we need to learn from this game?  Sorry, we should not be learning things in the 12th game of the year.  Lots of film available on Wisconson.  Same Auburn players.  This was a game we should have walked away with.

Instead, erratic play calling, pee-wee level tackling, no pressure on the QB, did not stop the run, did not cover downfield, dropped passes, turnovers, I'm tired of pointing out the mistakes.

We now finish with a worse record than Alabama, we are ranked lower than Bama, and we have no momentum; ranked outside of next years Top 10.  What a tragedy.

Tubs and his staff are paid too much for this kind of screwup.  He and the assistance should feel the pressure.  For crying out loud, the assistance make more than a Vice President at a fortune 50 company (over $300k); and they only coach a few  position players in football. 

This is all in my humble but very pissed off opinion (as a 40 year Auburn fan who has been with them thru thick and thin; I suffered thru Doug Barfield when I was a student).

209166[/snapback]

Sometimes the truth hurts. :rolleyes: I prefer to look at the positives instead of dwelling on the 2 unacceptable/embarrassing losses. We beat the bammers and that's ALL that matters right??? B) After all Texas flew under the radar @ #2 all year, why can't we play for a NC from the #14 position next year???

:cheer:

Ending the season @ 14 what do you think the chances are of a top 10 preseason spot?

Texas if Young goes Pro will not be a shadow of it self, USC post Bush-Leinhart and maybe White, UAT, LSU, UGA and Ohio State lose a good deal of talent in seniors don’t know about early departures for those teams..

Pure speculation, but I think we might get the bump to 10 based on the way we played at years end. Combined with the talent we have returning, which could be even better if David and Kenny comes back and Stanley stays.

208969[/snapback]

Talent? We had talent this year, or so we were told. What about coaching?

209008[/snapback]

:cheer:

There is only one spot that matters in the final polls.  Sure being ranked in the top 10 or top 5 would've been nice but I think the coaches and players learned a lot from this bowl game and hopefully it will show next year.

209061[/snapback]

Looks like the same lesson they were taught at the GT game. Evidently, they didn't learn anything.

209084[/snapback]

That three-win season in his fourth is going to sting like a mother....

Top Ten is ridiculous. Console yourself with that trinket if you want. If Bama is one of the ten best football teams in the country, my grandmother (God rest her) was starting linebacker for the 72 Miami Dolphins.

209165[/snapback]

What # was she?

What did we need to learn from this game?  Sorry, we should not be learning things in the 12th game of the year.  Lots of film available on Wisconson.  Same Auburn players.  This was a game we should have walked away with.

We now finish with a worse record than Alabama, we are ranked lower than Bama, and we have no momentum; ranked outside of next years Top 10.  What a tragedy.

Tubs and his staff are paid too much for this kind of screwup.  He and the assistance should feel the pressure.  For crying out loud, the assistance make more than a Vice President at a fortune 50 company (over $300k); and they only coach a few  position players in football. 

209166[/snapback]

I heard a lot of what you just said from people leaving the stadium after the game. Thank goodness I didn't hear any "It's great to be..." cheers.

Seven,poor Seven. Where were you and powerI when Coach Tuberville and the Auburn Tigers beat uga and TOTALLY DESTROYED uat?

Oh, that's right, you were waiting for something negative to happen. ;)

Go ahead, put on that dark pink jersey hanging neatly in your wife's closet. I am quite certain it will fit. :big:

Top Ten is ridiculous. Console yourself with that trinket if you want.  If Bama is one of the ten best football teams in the country, my grandmother (God rest her) was starting linebacker for the 72 Miami Dolphins.

209165[/snapback]

So, was your Granny Nick Buonticonti, Doug Swift, or Mike Colen?

Seven,poor Seven. Where were you and powerI when Coach Tuberville and the Auburn Tigers beat uga and TOTALLY DESTROYED uat?

Go ahead, put on that dark pink jersey hanging neatly in your wife's closet. I am quite certain it will fit. :big:

209208[/snapback]

Hey, I found your "half-full" glass in Orlando! Too bad it was half full of crap! :roflol:

Top Ten is ridiculous. Console yourself with that trinket if you want.  If Bama is one of the ten best football teams in the country, my grandmother (God rest her) was starting linebacker for the 72 Miami Dolphins.

209165[/snapback]

So, was your Granny Nick Buonticonti, Doug Swift, or Mike Colen?

209214[/snapback]

It's a little know fact that Nick Buonticonti was also known as Nicki Buonticonti-Galen. This may help to solve this question... B)

209208[/snapback]

Hey, I found your "half-full" glass in Orlando! Too bad it was half full of crap! :roflol:

209215[/snapback]

Nothing like a tall glass crap flavored kool-aide to start the day... :rolleyes:

I was at the C1B, and I will tell ya, I don't think the coaches or Players had their heads in the game and came out ready to play. Nothing went right, missed assignments, bad passes, bad routes, poor tackling, bad play calling, etc. I knew Wisconsin had a good O, had the defense played up to par AND the offense held on to the ball the first two series, we wouldn't have been scrambling to come from behind. We are not a good come from behind team. Everyone on the team had a lousy game. Nuff said, it is over let's move on.

Bama had a good year finishing with 10 wins, although probably the worst of the ten win teams, IMO. AU had a good year considering the losses in the backfield and secondary from last year. We are poised to make a run next year comparable to 2004. Bottom line is AU beat bama head to head. Next year we will line it up again and go at it for braggin rights for the next year.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I heard a lot of what you just said from people leaving the stadium after the game. Thank goodness I didn't hear any "It's great to be..." cheers.

209207[/snapback]

It is still great to be an Auburn Tiger. Just because we don't tie our self worth or the worth of our school to the results of a football game (as some fans of some schools do) doesn't mean that we are not disappointed with this loss or any loss.

You have every right to criticize the coaching staff and the team for this loss, 7. But your constant snide comments to others on this board about their understanding of the situation and your superior knowledge of all things Auburn (based on your comments previously about being a part of a team that won some conference championship) wear thin.

You have stated before that you like people to explain their position on their opinions, but when they do, you resort to comments such as half full glass of crap.

If you don't think that it is great to be an Auburn Tiger today simply because we lost a football game, then I wish you would look a little deeper today and try to find something to be happy about.

I notice that you have made no comments on the basketball team since they beat Temple by 31. It was only after a loss, a big loss, that you felt it neccessary to make a comment about the team.

Baseball season starts in under a month. Do we need to run the pitching rotation by you for the non-conference schedule?

Good luck with finding some small nugget of happiness in the world today since Tuberville and the rest of teh Auburn football team has ruined your life once again.

War Eagle.

209208[/snapback]

209215[/snapback]

Nothing like a tall glass crap flavored kool-aide to start the day... :rolleyes:

209218[/snapback]

Bingo! Just the reply I was fishing for from you "two". :lol::lol:

209207[/snapback]

I notice that you have made no comments on the basketball team since they beat Temple by 31. It was only after a loss, a big loss, that you felt it neccessary to make a comment about the team.

Baseball season starts in under a month. Do we need to run the pitching rotation by you for the non-conference schedule?

209232[/snapback]

This is the Auburn FOOTBALL forum, correct? Maybe that is why we discuss Auburn football here, not basketball, swimming or badminton.

Fear the Spin. :cheer:

Archived