The great debate

GalensGhost

Would you like to see AU football in orange jerseys?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see AU football in orange jerseys?

• Yes
    • No

I voted yes, for us to wear that orange @ homw every once in a while. The dark blue are by far my favorite (some of the coolest in the college game) and the jerseys we should wear @ home 99% of the time, but I like the Notre Dame idea of having an alternate color (i.e. ND's green jerseys) to pull out every now and then. What's the problem w/ that?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I voted yes, for us to wear that orange @ homw every once in a while. The dark blue are by far my favorite (some of the coolest in the college game) and the jerseys we should wear @ home 99% of the time, but I like the Notre Dame idea of having an alternate color (i.e. ND's green jerseys) to pull out every now and then. What's the problem w/ that?

209793[/snapback]

I know where you are coming from.

The cheerleaders have a special outfit they wear for the Bama game. The orange and blue striped sweaters they wear look really sharp and classy.

I am not sure what colors or design I would like to see the football team wear, there are so many options. If done correctly, it could be really sharp looking.

I didn't vote, because really it's none of my business. But I will say that AU's road uniforms may be the best in college football. The all white is sweet.

I'm still callin' for a 2 week ban of anyone who utters the phrase "Orange Jersey" (excpet where I just said it!)

:)

Can we add that phrase as profanity so we only see ****** ******.

If they ever go with the orange jerseys, they should use orange pants, socks, shoes & paint the helments orange as well. Don't forget the orange tape.

If the team were to dress like that, should all the fans wear all blue?

You just can't beat our blue unis with white pants man.  You just can't.

209819[/snapback]

I absolutely agree...they are one of the most recognizable unis in all of college football...

still like the others as well, though...maybe for homecoming...

Man it’s not even spring practice and a number of Orange jerseys’ threads is amazing. Just think, if it's this bad with the Orange Jersey threads now, wait till July and August when we start seeing Orange Jerseys with Orange pants or Blue Jerseys with Orange pants threads. My thought is of the old adage if it’s not broke then don’t fix it.

You all are forgetting the orange helmet, too. All Auburn All Orange!!

orangehelmet2al.jpg

Okay shoot me down, but I actually think an Orange Jersey and blue pants would look pretty cool. Now would I want Auburn to change definitely not. Why? Because our primary color is blue and not orange. Just because I don't want them doesn't mean they wouldn't theoretically look cool. Other reason I don't want them is like another person said, they just wouldn't be recognized. No one would look at the Orange jersey and see Auburn. The only reason I would say get an orange jersey, is that people would buy them in the bookstores, no doubt. I mean how many of those cheap orange rip offs do you see floating around. People like those and those aren't anything close to authentic. So the university would make a killing off of those.

Heh...

That photo above is just unmitigated vomitage.

tf24, I agree with you...I love our all-whites on the road.

AuburnU_uniform_progression.jpg

209816[/snapback]

I will personally light myself on fire in front of the athletic department building if either of those last three nightmares of a uniform come to pass.

Archived