The great debate

GalensGhost

Would you like to see AU football in orange jerseys?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see AU football in orange jerseys?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It already disheartens me enough that about 80% of the Auburn merchandise I can find these days is predominantly orange...if folks decide to start fudging with one of the simplest and sharpest college football uniforms around, I'll be completely ticked off.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I don't like orange jerseys. Many reasons. The blowout loss to Tennessee. The fact that they don't look right. The fact that the blue looks so good.

I didn't like the number "shading" that TOT tried a few years back. Personally, I was a little bummed when they started putting names on the back of the jerseys. And that happened when I was in high school, so don't try to tell me I was just an old fuddy duddy.

If you want to buy an orange jersey, there are plenty available at J&M, anders and probably Tiger Rags. Feel free to buy and wear them.

Feel free to continue to lobby for the team to change. But don't call us that are resistant to change "old fashioned". We just don't see a need to mess with something so nice.

On a side note, just say no to ANY change to the pants or helmets. I much prefer white pants at all times. Kentucky looks strange in that all blue aberration they call home uniforms. White pants and white helmets look the best on D linemen, where you can see the grass stains and helmets scars as they get up from another sack.

I think it should be pointed out that GG isn't in favor of it, either...notice his sentence below the picture.

Great programs don't screw around with their uniforms. Period.

I think it should be pointed out that GG isn't in favor of it, either...notice his sentence below the picture.

Great programs don't screw around with their uniforms.  Period.

209532[/snapback]

Correct. Total opposition.

Just say no to orange.

Not just no, but HELL NO.  You like orange jerseys so much?  Go root for Clemson.

209527[/snapback]

or the hated UTK Vols

they can't even get the color right

Just because we have "old fashioned" moderators :poke: doesn't mean that we can't hold true to the traditional blue jerseys.

I would just like to see them wear either orange or blue pants on the road rather than the all white unis.

Now you may all bash away at me...

Just because we have "old fashioned" moderators  :poke: doesn't mean that we can't hold true to the traditional blue jerseys. 

I would just like to see them wear either orange or blue pants on the road rather than the all white unis. 

209591[/snapback]

I like the white pants and would be disappointed with anything else. That said, if there had to be another color, I'd live with blue. If I saw orange I'd drive down to Auburn, storm into the athletic department and raise some serious hell.

Just because we have "old fashioned" moderators  :poke: doesn't mean that we can't hold true to the traditional blue jerseys. 

209591[/snapback]

I like the white pants and would be disappointed with anything else. That said, if there had to be another color, I'd live with blue. If I saw orange I'd drive down to Auburn, storm into the athletic department and raise some serious hell.

209594[/snapback]

I would be more than happy to make the trip with you Titan. :au:

I voted NO. Not just NO, but NO! Clemson can only wish their uniforms looked as good as AUBURN's! :au::au:

Don't mess with the BLUE! Don't mess with the WHITE!

Pat Dye, recalling his playing days at uga, said of those Blue jerseys putting the fear of God into anyone who faced them.

and also....

"It don't matter who is running or catching the ball, who's making the hit or making the tackle as long as they have a blue jersey on." - Coach Pat Dye.

Of course, this was back in the day when Auburn played UF and UT every year, and UF was wearing orange jerseys , and not the blue ones of today. I never have seen a game where Auburn wore orange jerseys. I have no interest in seeing them in orange either.

:au:

Have to say I rather like the photo of Carnell in the orange jersey. In spite of his opposition to the idea, GG did a nice job of color selection.My own preference would be to burn it just a little more. I am turned off by the colored pants, however.

Pat Dye, recalling his playing days at uga,  said of  those Blue jerseys putting the fear of God into anyone who faced them.

and also....

"It don't matter who is running or catching the ball, who's making the hit or making the tackle as long as they have a blue jersey on." - Coach Pat Dye.

Of course, this was back in the day when Auburn played UF and UT every year, and UF was wearing orange jerseys , and not the blue ones of today.  I never have seen a game where Auburn wore orange jerseys.  I have no interest in seeing them in orange either.

209617[/snapback]

Didn't Auburn wear orange once in 1978?

Pat Dye, recalling his playing days at uga,  said of  those Blue jerseys putting the fear of God into anyone who faced them.

and also....

Of course, this was back in the day when Auburn played UF and UT every year, and UF was wearing orange jerseys , and not the blue ones of today.  I never have seen a game where Auburn wore orange jerseys.  I have no interest in seeing them in orange either.

209617[/snapback]

209668[/snapback]

yes a few times....during barfields years...

and also....

209617[/snapback]

209668[/snapback]

yes a few times....during barfields years...

209671[/snapback]

Enough said!

Russell had a prototype uniform once that combined blue pants with the white jersey. I was surprised that I didn't object to it. It actually, to me, looks okay. If they came out wearing this, I wouldn't be entirely opposed. I would cringe just a little, but maybe not for long.

bluepants.jpg

Orange jerseys, though? No thanks.

Personally for me NO to blue pants!!! :puke::puke:

I would have to reconsider my NO vote on the orange jerseys if the alternative was :puke: blue pants.

Maybe only for A-Day - I would prefer an Orange-vs-Blue game, instead of a Blue-vs-White. That would give everyone a chance to see how atrocious it is.

Personally for me NO to blue pants!!!   :puke:   :puke:

I would have to reconsider my NO vote on the orange jerseys if the alternative was  :puke:   blue pants.

209763[/snapback]

Good idea! Let everyone get their fill of it and put it to rest forever!

Oops! wrong quote. I meant the idea about wearing blue & orange jerseys for A-Day.

Archived