The great debate

GalensGhost

Would you like to see AU football in orange jerseys?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see AU football in orange jerseys?

• Yes
    • No

I'll bring the marshmallows but someone else will have to bring the graham crackers and chocolate bars. I did it last time.

I'll say first off, that our blue home unis are unmatched in all of sports. Biased??? Yea, maybe...but I'll put them up against any unis out there. I wouldn't mind though, if they came out one game in orange just to shake things up, IF it were only far the ONE game. I would like to see the road unis spiced up a little.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw the orange jersey with blue pants.  Absolutely Horrible!

209888[/snapback]

I will personally light myself on fire in front of the athletic department building if either of those last three nightmares of a uniform come to pass.

209978[/snapback]

These posts hd me literally laughing out loud at work - people were looking into my office to see what was going on!!!

Now, I am now for the orange jerseys, and feel that you shouldn't mess with that kind of class and tradition. But, since "Pat Dye Field" is only 1 game old, and there is no tradition - can we paint IT orange??? :cheer::cheer::cheer:

:nanner::nanner::nanner:smilies-32281.png

I really dont understand the outcry on such a small issue, orange jerseys, blue jerseys, I mean cmon, What we really need to worry about is the new Under Armour commercials featuring Gibbs getting so pumped his head explodes.

I will agree with the older generations that don't want to mess with tradiition that the blue jerseys and white pants are GREAT. I for one do not particularly like the all white look of our road unis. I don't think anyone, including powers that be, that is in favor of the orange jerseys, would completely do away with the blue jerseys. I think the introduction of the orange jerseys for a game is a novel idea. I personally like the orange tops with blue pants. I don't think there is anything wrong with adding to what we have, as long as nothing is taken away. I think that is the biggest fear from those opposed... am I correct??

I think that alot of people would like to have the orange jerseys for special games(like nd's green jerseys). The problem with all this is that once you start making drastic changes to jerseys it is hard to stop(see oregon, miami, wash. st., etc.) If we want a novelty jersey just wear the all white at home.

I still think the feild needs to be orange........with blue lines.... :blink:

I've always thought Auburn should wear all white at home during some of those early season day games where the temps are still in the high 80s or low 90s. Let the other team bake in their dark jerseys that day and let the home fans who don't get to travel much see the all whites in Jordan Hare once in a while.

I would like to see Auburn in orange. We have a high school over here in Mississippi called the Wayne County War Eagles. Their colors are orange and blue and they have orange jerseys that they wear sometimes. They look very good, especially since everything they do every design by what Auburn does. Even the WC on the football field looks just like the AU in the middle of Jordan-Hare. Atleast they respesent Auburn well. They have won 2 State Championships in the last 4 years, and have made it to the Championship 3 out of 4.

You might have heard about Wayne County. They have produced Steve Gandy and Michael McLaughlin, both are on Auburn's current roster.

Not on Tubs' watch.

He got rid of the Tiger eyes on the sides of the pants and the drop-shadow numerals.

He wanted to return to the more traditional look.

Good for him.

209861[/snapback]

I actually think he was trying to get rid of anything that Bowden had done. I know he said he wanted a traditional look but I know how coaches egos are.

As for my opinion on the subject. I think the orange would be ok if I were not an Auburn fan. Does it look good? I think yes but just not for Auburn. I like a traditional uniform that will not change from year to year or game to game. I also second the motion that :au: has the best looking uniforms in the country. Why mess with a good thing?

GO BIG BLUE!

You all are forgetting the orange helmet, too. All Auburn All Orange!!

orangehelmet2al.jpg

209896[/snapback]

SWEET!!!

210121[/snapback]

[/quote

"Skip, this is smoking sweet!" (inside joke)

I still think the feild needs to be orange........with blue lines....

Sounds like a recipe for blindness! B)

210151[/snapback]

You have to admit, it would be talked about all over the nation - not in a good way, but recognized nevertheless. :au::cheer::blink::big::blink::cheer::au:

if Auburn is to be respected nationally they won't change the uniforms.

CTT is partly to blame, he started this all orange crap.

You all are forgetting the orange helmet, too. All Auburn All Orange!!

orangehelmet2al.jpg

209896[/snapback]

Orange jerseys, I would not like it but could deal with it for special occasions only because it has been done before. It’s not a radical new idea by Tubs guys we have had everything from orange jerseys to the orange face mask in years past. However if we EVER come out in an ALL ORANGE uni and that’s the helmet I will vomit. God that helmet is ugly :puke:

Archived