Thanks guys

Jenny AU-92

Just stopped by for a second. Thanks for all the prayers sent west. They have helped - the pneumonia is confined to left lung and the doctor thinks we caught it in time. He has put me on three days of heavy IV antibiotics and today, since breathing was still an issue, he gave me a massive dose of steriods. (You guys thought I was a bitch before... well now I'm JUICED! ROID RAGE! :roflol: ) Anyway, that has helped immensely already, and with the little burst of energy the cortizone gave me, I thought I would stop in and say thanks for the thoughts I knew were coming my way.

Final round of IV's tomorrow (He put a port in my arm and sent me home so I could actually rest - you can't do that in the hospital, for sure...) and hopefully I will be back at work the middle of next week. I have to make solid food stay down first - have eaten nothing since Tuesday. So dehydrated yesterday the IV nurse had to use a preemie IV needle to find a vein. :blink: But silver lining - I lost 6 pounds - although I do not endorse this diet. :no:

Carl has been absolutely wonderful - I am such a lucky woman. Dealing with a puking, hacking wife and a two year old by himself - Nominee for Saint Husband of the year, for sure. He is not a corndog right now. :big:

Now let's just pray that Katie's flu shot works, and that she doesn't get this. I would not wish this sickness on my worst enemy - my hair hurts.

Thanks again for the love and support. I'll be back soon.

Love,

Jenny

Glad to hear you're on the mend, but don't push it! Relapses are even worse! Prayers will continue till you're 100% and Katie & Carl are in the clear as well.

God Bless.

Get well Jenny and Thanks to Carl for caring for our Football Goddess! :cheer:

Take care and God Bless!

Glad to hear you're getting better. It really sounds like you had it bad though. Tell Carl that the Doc recommended he wear orange and blue until you start feeling much better! ;)

Had pnuemonia in 2003. Spent 10 days in hospital, including Christmas Day. Spent 1 day in ICU. It was a real bummer. I wouldn't count on going back to work too soon. I was out almost a month (luckily I own my own business). The one thing I remember my doctor asking me (he's a good friend) was if had I had a flu shot. When I told him no, he said "I bet your a$$ will next year"! How right he was. Anyway, hope everything goes well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you get well soon, Jenny.

Lord only knows why a corndog was sent in to take care of OUR football goddess, but I guess we should thank him for at least making him a halfway decent corndog (if such an animal really exists).

Archived