Finescum yesterday

Aubie7

I don't see this anywhere, but I will ask. I heard that Shane tried to get PF to talk about possible rules violations concerning a #24 at Auburn. PF said he would not discuss it yet, but had good sources that say something is amiss. Anyone heard?

What a bunch pathetic losers. They say we can't stop talking abouth them? It is downright laughable! Excuse me while I get up and go take a Phyllis and wipe my Shane.

You do realize this a scripted conversation don't you?

This probably has more to do with it than anything...

. .and in April, Kelly Hunter joined Herb Winches and Ray Melick on "The Big Time."

That last move appears to be working for JOX. For the first time in memory, the station beat WERC-AM's Paul Finebaum in the afternoon drive-time ratings. "The Big Time" received a 3.0 share among all listeners 12 years and older in the fall Arbitron ratings, while "The Paul Finebaum Radio Network" got a 2.8 share, down dramatically from a 6.4 the previous fall.

"I was all for bringing Kelly in, and it's paid off," Winches says. "Kelly is really catching on in the market, and I think the numbers reflect that."

Expect the suspense to build as PF and is boy shane unravel the story during

sweeps week

Guest Tigrinum Major
I don't see this anywhere, but I will ask. I heard that Shane tried to get PF to talk about possible rules violations concerning a #24 at Auburn. PF said he would not discuss it yet, but had good sources that say something is amiss. Anyone heard?

218760[/snapback]

Nothing but smoke and mirrors.

Just like Bobby from Homewood gets on there and spreads rumors about the Alabama president (which may or may not have been true), Shane gets on there and spouts off about how he had heard about stuff concerning Carnell, hoping that someone will take him serious.

Recycled drivel from recruiting wars that have already been won and lost.

Quoting myself from an earlier thread:

I find the old, worn out "we stole Carnell Williams rant from them" rant particularly amusing. Yes, apparently Carnell grew up a Bama fan, but they seem to forget that he was all set to go to Tennessee before switching to us at the last minute! If anybody wants to accuse us of anything with Carnell, it should be the Volunteers--he wasn't Bama-bound when he accepted our offer anyway! Or in other words, Bama was at best #3 on his list...

If there was ANY HINT OF TRUTH in their allegations of wrongdoing in Caddy's recruitment, Bama AND Tennessee supporters would have been sure that the NCAA would have raked us over the coals by now. By their own admission, Bama fans must surely believe that Phil Fulmer & Co. have the willpower and means to bring the wrath of the NCAA down upon their enemies.

It's been what, five years since Carnell signed with us? If there was the slightest hint of actual evidence backing up any of the "cheating for Carnell" rumors, our enemies would have made sure that we were thrown under the NCAA train big time by now. [Hasn't the NCAA statute of limitations passed in any case?] This is floating around again because 1) they're desparate to find any way of derailing our success, and 2) the NFL Rookie of the Year is making big news.

Last year, during the height of the Logan Young, NCAA conspiracy, Fulmer is the anti-christ daily saga, Finebaum went off about UT being dirty and how he had the inside scoop that he can't reveal just yet. He said, "Phillip Fulmer will regret the day he ever set foot in the state of Alabama and recruited Jason Swain." He then went to break.

In the words of Caddyshack's, Judge Smells. "Weeellllll, we're waiting."

Last year, during the height of the Logan Young, NCAA conspiracy, Fulmer is the anti-christ daily saga, Finebaum went off about UT being dirty and how he had the inside scoop that he can't reveal just yet.  He said, "Phillip Fulmer will regret the day he ever set foot in the state of Alabama and recruited Jason Swain."  He then went to break.

In the words of Caddyshack's, Judge Smells.  "Weeellllll, we're waiting."

218788[/snapback]

He has accomplished what he set out to do. He has people "talking" and tuning in to hear his drivel.

Avoid the noid. :moon:

I've got a nice little tidbit about PF's days in Knoxville that I have been holding on to for years now. It is time for this to come out with things being so slow this time of year. Let's just say he will rue the day he ever picked up that...

Well, gotta go. I will finish this afternoon. Check back later with me.

I've got a nice little tidbit about PF's days in Knoxville that I have been holding on to for years now.  It is time for this to come out with things being so slow this time of year.  Let's just say he will rue the day he ever picked up that...

Well, gotta go.  I will finish this afternoon.  Check back later with me.

218812[/snapback]

I'll finish it for you......crossdressing Alabama fan on Alcoa Blvd.

i caught a bit of that on the air yesterday. he was making the comment that carnell had been a professional for 5 years now. i never heard how it started, though. i usually enjoy his show but had to turn it off when they kept going on about 'somebody somebody king's' eulogy or whatever. annoying.

he was making the comment that carnell had been a professional for 5 years now. 

218879[/snapback]

:roflol: That's 5 years longer than Finebaum has been a professional. :roflol:

:banghead: The last thread I started on this was my complete take on it. Basically PF is boring his audience and this is his pathetic way to get back on top of the butt kicking TBTS is giving him. Finebaum is #2 in Bham as we speak. He got a mud hole kicked in his face by Herb (loud sniff) Winches. :blink: He is likley under huge pressure to get the Bammer fan base back.

Here's my thinking on this. Follow me:

1) The Big Time Show is almost 100% Bama sycophants. I mean you cant name a bigger bama salad tosser than Winches, you just cant. Mellick, same thing. He has gold plated crimson knee pads so he can stay in the service rendering position longer.

2) What part of PF's fan base/listeners did they take from him? Why, a huge part of the Bama contingent.

3) Therefore, who does PF have to go after to get his dreadful ratings back up? The Mullet Nation of course.

4) How will he do that? By teasing and speculating about :au: getting back in trouble again with the NCAA. This time about Carnell Williams. Soon it will be another player, say Trey Blackmon and he will then repeat the Internet :bs: story about :uga: etc.

5) PF has a good gig when he interviews. Unfortunately for PF, CMS and CTT dont go there anymore. :clap:

6) He has indeed hit panic mode and he is just rehashing what has worked in the past.

7) The :au: side has just learned to leave him to rant to himself. Being the better educated folks in the state has left us the ability to see the whole picture with PF. We understand that he is just Jerry Springer with a Radio mike.

As I said before, PF is repeating and therefore BORING his audience. The first rule in Media is to NEVER BORE THE AUDIENCE! Hence the slide in ratings.

How is he doing this? Repeatedly bashing everything. I know we want to say it is all us, but it is not. CMS got a horrible 3-4 month bashing last summer. CMS (and his impending firing) was THE topic over the summer. CTT got an earful over CDG leaving. Now the Carnell crap again. BTW, PF said the same thing 5 years ago. Named Jimmy Rane as the bag man too. Does anyone remember that? Noooooo! Did anyone hear of anything coming from that accusation? Noooooo! SSDD.

Finebaum is gonna be shredded by his buddies in the national media when they catch wind that TBTS is kicking his butt. Being #2 in Bham on afternoon drive time cant be that great a place to express your point of view.

Shane is a disgrace to fair journalism and professionalism in general and I still have to wonder where Scum dug him up from. You have to wonder how some little unprofessional jerk likehim can come from obscurity to being a "personality" on a radio show, albiet the "Scum" Show.I've heard rumors that the little scumbag is Big Scum's brother-in law. Anyone know if this is true or not?

:puke:

Shane is a disgrace to fair journalism and professionalism in general and I still have to wonder where Scum dug him up from. You have to wonder how some little unprofessional jerk likehim can come from obscurity to being a "personality" on a radio show, albiet the "Scum" Show.I've heard rumors that the little scumbag is Big Scum's brother-in law. Anyone know if this is true or not?

:puke:

218962[/snapback]

True Dat!

I've got a nice little tidbit about PF's days in Knoxville that I have been holding on to for years now.  It is time for this to come out with things being so slow this time of year.  Let's just say he will rue the day he ever picked up that...

218812[/snapback]

I'll finish it for you......crossdressing Alabama fan on Alcoa Blvd.

218817[/snapback]

So that's how he hooked up with Phyllis?

Great job Stat. Now THAT is TRUTH in advertising. :thumbsup:

Guys, listen. Shane got to where he is because he says what every toothless bama fan thinks. He just happens to have a neighbor with a phone. He gets the turd nation giddy as a school girl when he comes up with is conspiracies against Auburn or UT. Because so many bammers bow before their village idiot and so many misguided AU fans let him get to them, Paul makes him a prominent fixture.

Paul, Pat, and the rest of the actual staff know that Shane is a boob but he stirs the pot and gets people to call. They have created a monster of sorts that you all are going to have to ignore. Don't allow it to work you up.

On a side note, the Finebaum show ratings are tanking. His show has gone from actual sports talk to a Jerry Springer-esque train wreck. I think the "Shanes" of the world calling in have had a large part in that. Your average listener is tired of that. The Shane hour has officially assisted Finebaum in JUMPING THE SHARK.

218812[/snapback]

I was going to say...that box of candy cigarettes.

Now you all see how Paul's show works?

:poke:

Archived