"Cutler Only QB Worth Watching" SI.com

Jenny AU-92

Link

But.... but... but... BRODIE THE GREAT is going to be at the combine!! Doesn't this guy know that Brodie is second only to Chuck Norris in the amazing things he can do with a football, even when lying flat on his back...? That Brodie is the greatest QB since... since... Mike Shula???? :rolleyes:

Of all the NFL prospects streaming into Indianapolis for this week's Scouting Combine, only one really holds my interest: Vanderbilt quarterback Jay Cutler. If you follow the draft, you've heard the name by now. If you don't, you soon will. He's the little-known signal-caller who has found a place alongside Matt Leinart and Vince Young because of his big-time arm, his surprising mobility and his smarts. But I like the kid for a different reason this week. He's simply not afraid to compete.

My prediction? Cutler not only goes higher than Brodie, but has a better NFL career and winds up being a "Tom Brady out of no-where" type player - surpassing everyone's expectations.

I said this two years ago after I watched him play, and met him. He holds himself very well, as if you can tell he is intelligent. If he would have been on any of the more stocked SEC Teams(LSU UGA AU UAT FLA) he wouldve been in the heisman race.

predicting cutler to go over brodie in the draft is like predicting a losing season for vandy. you're not exactly out on a limb there. the guy has been rumored to be a top 5 draft pick (i'm thinking top 15) and brodie's projected in the 3rd-7th rounds. cutler can't be tom brady b/c he'll get tons of hype coming into the draft and won't get overlooked.

Cutler is good..no doubt about it... In 5 years, if he gets in the right situation, we could see Cutler starting in the NFL(after a little learning curve), while Brodie will be either a third string backup, or out of the league. Brodie perhaps could be in NFL Europe, or the CFL, or arena league.

Personally, I think Cutler is over-rated

I thought he made a lot of dumb decisions last year that cost Vandy several of their games. I know the typical answer is "Oh well, he played for Vandy" and I understand he had a lot less to work with but he also made plenty of mistakes to contribute to Vandy's loss to MTSU and others

Brodie will throw a roundhouse kick in the combine in an effort to impress the scouts. Unfortunately, McClover will be there and glance at him. Brodie will stop midkick and instantly drop to the fetal position with a urine stain on his shorts.

Brodie will throw a roundhouse kick in the combine in an effort to impress the scouts.  Unfortunately, McClover will be there and glance at him.  Brodie will stop midkick and instantly drop to the fetal position with a urine stain on his shorts.

221509[/snapback]

Best post on this thread. :)

p.s. Did someone actually suggest that brodie would get drafted? :blink:

Personally, I think Cutler is over-rated

I thought he made a lot of dumb decisions last year that cost Vandy several of their games. I know the typical answer is "Oh well, he played for Vandy" and I understand he had a lot less to work with but he also made plenty of mistakes to contribute to Vandy's loss to MTSU and others

221493[/snapback]

I absolutely agree with that assessment. How many times did Cutler bungle the clock management portion of the game and cost Vandy a win??? I saw at least 4 games that took place over the past 2 years. :rolleyes:

You took the words out of my mouth....Yeah its fun to say cutler is an unknown but its not true everybody knows he is a first round qb!

predicting cutler to go over brodie in the draft is like predicting a losing season for vandy. you're not exactly out on a limb there. the guy has been rumored to be a top 5 draft pick (i'm thinking top 15) and brodie's projected in the 3rd-7th rounds. cutler can't be tom brady b/c he'll get tons of hype coming into the draft and won't get overlooked.

221455[/snapback]

i can just see it now, McClover is goingto pull the eddie griffin on brodie with the evil eye then you he thw whipcrack in the background like in the movei the new guy.  good stuff, good stuff

221526[/snapback]

Is there an interpreter present?? :huh: :huh:

I havent seen ANYONE predict Brodie going before Cutler so forgive me if I dont understand the point of this post.

Man I never will understand why some of you all continue to bash kids after they leave Alabama. Personally, I always pull for kids from this state to do well in the Pros...nomatter where they played college ball...bama, uab, troy, au...its all the same.

As far as Brodie's draft status...he's got a lot to prove with his past injury situation. That alone is enough to drop him a round or two. And then he's got issues with his size. Either way...for all you guys slamming the guy for 4 years, he's still gonna be in the league...and that league minimum salary aint too shabby.

I am not so much slamming Brodie as I am slamming the Crimson Kool-Aid drinkers who INSISTED then and STILL insist that Brodie was the greatest QB ever to play the game... remember all the "Brodie for Heisman" stuff? THAT is the point of this post.

I havent seen ANYONE predict Brodie going before Cutler so forgive me if I dont understand the point of this post.

Man I never will understand why some of you all continue to bash kids after they leave Alabama. Personally, I always pull for kids from this state to do well in the Pros...nomatter where they played college ball...bama, uab, troy, au...its all the same.

As far as Brodie's draft status...he's got a lot to prove with his past injury situation. That alone is enough to drop him a round or two. And then he's got issues with his size. Either way...for all you guys slamming the guy for 4 years, he's still gonna be in the league...and that league minimum salary aint too shabby.

221593[/snapback]

Don't count those dark pink EGGS before they HATCH. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am not so much slamming Brodie as I am slamming the Crimson Kool-Aid drinkers who INSISTED then and STILL insist that Brodie was the greatest QB ever to play the game... remember all the "Brodie for Heisman" stuff?  THAT is the point of this post.

221606[/snapback]

Yeah I also remember Carnell for heisman stuff and more comically: Dameyune Craig for heisman stuff. Brodie was a better QB than Dameyune.

Fans are fans. Some more delusional than others. But its all the same. Fans get behind their guys. I would say the vast majority of bama fans have a pretty good understand of what brodie is/was. Most i know expect him to go in the 3rd round and make a team somewhere. I havent seen ANYONE predicting he'll go first round. Mel Kiper said second. I say 3rd.

"sackman" a BETTER qb than DC? :lol::lol::lol:

bg, your humor is appreciated, always. :D

Brodie was a better QB than Dameyune.

221628[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHHAAAHHAHHA....breath....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No friggin way. Call me when Brodie makes the HOF at the professional level of his sport.

Brodie was a better QB than Dameyune.

Fans are fans. Some more delusional than others.

BG.....glad you put the appropriate qualifier on your original statement. :poke:

The skinny kid in the dark pink #12 jersey is NOT a lock to get drafted. B)

Not by any stretch of the imagination. :no:

221649[/snapback]

What do you base that on...besides the fact that you dont like Alabama?

221649[/snapback]

What do you base that on...besides the fact that you dont like Alabama?

221659[/snapback]

Logic. :poke: I have seen other, far more talented qbs, go "undrafted".

What do you "base" your optimism on? (Other than uat :homer: ism?)

Archived