"Cutler Only QB Worth Watching" SI.com

Jenny AU-92

Guys, can we stop talking about Brodie now? I think once spring practice starts any threads or posts pertaining to Brodie should be locked or deleted because this is getting ridiculous. About the post though, everyone knows Cutler is going to be 1st rounder, and by the same token Brodie was looking like a mid to late rounder. While Brodie getting drafted isn't a lock it is more reasonable to believe that he probably will. Regardless, lay off the guy, he had a bad situation in college and was still able to get some national respect whether you feel he deserved it or not.

I havent seen ANYONE predict Brodie going before Cutler so forgive me if I dont understand the point of this post.

Man I never will understand why some of you all continue to bash kids after they leave Alabama. Personally, I always pull for kids from this state to do well in the Pros...nomatter where they played college ball...bama, uab, troy, au...its all the same.

As far as Brodie's draft status...he's got a lot to prove with his past injury situation. That alone is enough to drop him a round or two. And then he's got issues with his size. Either way...for all you guys slamming the guy for 4 years, he's still gonna be in the league...and that league minimum salary aint too shabby.

221593[/snapback]

And this comes from the same person that said on this board over two years ago, and i quote, "I guarantee that Brodie Croyle would be ALL-SEC before he leaves UAT".

OOPS!!!! :poke:

I havent seen ANYONE predict Brodie going before Cutler so forgive me if I dont understand the point of this post.

Man I never will understand why some of you all continue to bash kids after they leave Alabama. Personally, I always pull for kids from this state to do well in the Pros...nomatter where they played college ball...bama, uab, troy, au...its all the same.

As far as Brodie's draft status...he's got a lot to prove with his past injury situation. That alone is enough to drop him a round or two. And then he's got issues with his size. Either way...for all you guys slamming the guy for 4 years, he's still gonna be in the league...and that league minimum salary aint too shabby.

221593[/snapback]

And this comes from the same person that said on this board over two years ago, and i quote, "I guarantee that Brodie Croyle would be ALL-SEC before he leaves UAT".

OOPS!!!! :poke:

221712[/snapback]

LMAO. I'm glad you found that. I looked back for it last night but didn't find it.

bama, uab, troy, au...its all the same.

221593[/snapback]

All the same? Not really - while three of those schools had guys taken in the first-round last year, one school did not. Any guesses as to who that was? :poke:

OOPS!!!! 

Sorry, I failed in forseeing him blowing his knee out and essentially missing his entire junior year.

Knock the kid all you want. But coming off of a blown knee with the Oline we had...to take the punishment he did and put up the numbers he did, id say it was pretty impressive.

i'm not a huge fan of banging a kid even if he is from bama, but i find the "you guys started carnell for heisman and dameyune for heisman campaigns" thing laughable. cadillac was the best running back in the nation. only reason he wasn't recognized as that was the fact that he split carries with one of the top five backs in the nation. obviously, under no circumstance, was brodie the nation's best qb.

and i think you saying brodie was better than dameyune is funny too. dameyune had a healthier career (a legit point since you can't help if you're on the sideline) despite being a more mobile qb. he was all-conference (brodie never was). he won the west (brodie never did). and he took a team that was probably second or third to last in the decade as far as talent for auburn to within 1 point of an sec championship. one point. and we would've won if bailey had held onto that ball right before the half or the defense had shown up in the second half.

in craig's senior year (the year of the campaign), he took auburn to a 10 win year. the next season, we returned a large number of starters to see nearly the same team go 3-8. he was the difference. that season he set the auburn record for single season passing yards with 3277 yards and was responsible for 22 tds (4 rushing, 19 passing). he accounted for 78% of the offense.

brodie's year this year didn't come close. bama won just as many games (i don't think you're going into the tank next year without him. another sign that he was less valuable to your team), but brodie's numbers weren't in the ballpark. he threw for 2500 yards and had 15 tds (1 rushing, 14 passing). he accounted for 54% of the offense.

if we're talking pro potential, yeah maybe. brodie's taller with better mechanics and stuff like that. if we're talking college, i don't think you can compare them. dameyune was A LOT better. no way could brodie have carried that group of misfits to ten wins like craig did in 1997. no way. dameyune was a much better college qb who was probably only overshadowed nationally at his position by peyton manning and brian griese. brodie wasn't in his weight class in college.

For what it is worth, I didn't think DJ Shockley had a chance in hell of being All-Sec QB, 1st team

221773[/snapback]

Oh Ye of little Faith :D . Shokley was/is a very talented qb. He can run and throw. He was playing within a well coached program and had a good SEC o-line in front of him.

The skinny kid in the dark pink #12 jersey had NONE of the above and the results speak for themselves.

OOPS!!!! 

Sorry, I failed in forseeing him blowing his knee out and essentially missing his entire junior year.

Knock the kid all you want. But coming off of a blown knee with the Oline we had...to take the punishment he did and put up the numbers he did, id say it was pretty impressive.

221760[/snapback]

Which is exactly why people shouldn't go around making these "Guarantees". It's an incredibly arrogant statement to make, knowing you have no control over what happens on the field. Had you said, if Croyle remains healthy, and consistent, I could see Croyle being on an ALL-SEC team before he leaves UAT, if would have been different. People would have still probably laughed at you, but at least it wouldn't have come across sounding so arrogant and egotistical.

In fact, I applaud you...I half way expected you to deny you ever said it. This doesn't come from your history here, because you have always owned up to what has been said on the board. This comes from my experience with the UAT fans I run into down here.

221593[/snapback]

Don't count those dark pink EGGS before they HATCH. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

221617[/snapback]

ACTUALLY? No, Brodie wasn't a better QB than Dameuyne Craig.

1996: Craig threw for 2296 yards (169 of 310 with 16 TD) He also rushed for 207 yards.

1997: Craig threw for 3277 yards (216 of 403 with 18 TD)

Two year total: 5573 yards (385 of 713 54% with 34 TD)

Now let's compare Brodie's best two years, k? Because we can't compare his last two, as he didn't stay healthy.

2005: Croyle threw for 2499 yards (202 of 339 with 14 TD).

2003: Croyle threw for 2303 yards (182 of 341 with 16 TD).

Two year total: 4802 yards (382 of 680 with 30 TD).

Dameyune's yards per catch: 14.9

Brodie's yards per catch: 12.6

Craig was a more viable Heisman candidate than Brodie -- everywhere but in Tuscaloosa and the last time I checked, they don't hold the Heisman ceremony there. Craig was all understated substance. Croyle is all overblown hype.

Archived