Aromashodu Wows in the 40

Proud Tiger

Devin Aromashodu turned in the 2nd fastest time in the 40 in this weekend's NFL scouting combine with a 4.35, barely behind 1st place Chad Jackson(Fla. WR) who had a 4.32. Jerious Norwood (Miss. St. RB) was the fastest RB with a 4.4.

Source: Today's B'ham News

Where was the deep ball for four years?  At least 4-5 times per game! WOW!

222210[/snapback]

Right on!! I just don't think Cox can throw the long ball. I commented several times during the last season about us not throwing long and noted that when we did the ball was consistently underthrown. I hope Cox gains some arm strength during Winter weorkouts.

Kevin Aromashodu turned in the 2nd fastest time in the 40 in this weekend's NFL scouting combine with a 4.35, barely behind 1st place Chad Hoover (Fla. WR) who had a 4.32.jerious Norwood (Miss. St. RB) was the fastest RB with a 4.4.

Source: Today's B'ham News

Kevin Aromashodu? who? pesky D an K always so close together. And who is Chad Hoover? and how is he running so fast? Do they mean Chad Jackson FROM Hoover? Sigh..i'm confused

Kevin Aromashodu? who? pesky D an K always so close together. And who is Chad Hoover? and how is he running so fast? Do they mean Chad Jackson FROM Hoover? Sigh..i'm confused

222215[/snapback]

Well it was too early on Monday morning and my thoughts were running together. Corrections made. Hope this was the only cause of your confusion :D

very clear now, Thank you  :D I was hoping it was a Birmingham typo not yours..woulda been much funnier  :poke:

222224[/snapback]

Glad your head is clear now. I don't want to see any missiles coming from your way towards the 4200 area :poke:

I saw that Skyler Green was 3rd fastest. These are world class athletes getting ready to perform at the highest level. The fastest time is just over 4.3. So how reliable are all these times of high school kids we see reported?

I remember another AU QB that was often blasted fo his inability to throw the "long ball".

His name was Patrick Nix. :au:

I remember another AU QB that was often blasted fo his inability to throw the "long ball".

His name was Patrick Nix. :au:

222259[/snapback]

I sure didn't intend to come across as "blasting" Cox, just stating fact as I saw it. Like Nix, he has enough attributes to be a winner.

222210[/snapback]

Ask UT! See the SECCG of 2004! :)

:au::homer:

I've noticed it too, Cox doesn't seem to quite have enough umph in his arm for the long ball. I'm not bashing Cox either, he has plenty of other attributes that stand out other than his arm strength. Yeah, that poor secondary for UT is probably still waking up in cold sweats casue of Jason.

222210[/snapback]

Ask UT! See the SECCG of 2004! :)

:au::homer:

222274[/snapback]

Of course that was Jason Campbell. Jason demonstrated more arm strength than Cox. In fact, Jason ternded to overthrow.

There was never any question about JC's arm strength but he didn't really start throwing a consistently good ddep ball until his senior season. Early on, he seemed to throw a very "flat" ball. It would get there but there was no air under it and defenders could get to it. Couple that with the fact that we just didn't go deep that much anyway under Nallsminger.

BC has definitely been inconsistent with the longer throws, but I think that will certainly improve with more experience. Borges isn't shy about letting him heave it down field either.

congrats to devin on getting PAID. you earned it big guy.

and for the record i never, ever under any circumstance believe any report of a high schooler running a 4.2. that number gets thrown around sometimes (i remember some hog fan on here saying mcfadden and the other frosh tailback both clocked 4.2s), but it is always bogus. 5 or 6 guys in the history of the combine have turned in that number. 4.4 is a stretch in all but the rarest of cases in high school because even a speed demon like devin couldn't have done that without added strength over his college years. high school numbers are lies.

also, i saw that stanley turned in a pretty solid 4.74 in the 40 if anyone is interested. they said the average number of defensive ends was a full tenth higher so that's pretty good.

THey are saying that McGlover ran a 4.65 on NFL.com. And to me that is actually unimpressive considering his size. I think he needed to blow people away with a 4.5 time to move up. Hall from NCstate ran a 4.4 and he is a little bigger than McGlover. Mario Williams from the same school,, 6'7 295, ran faster than McGlover.

Not trashing him or anything, but I was a little dissappointed in that time for him. With his size he needed a really really fast time.

THey are saying that McGlover ran a 4.65 on NFL.com. And to me that is actually unimpressive considering his size. I think he needed to blow people away with a 4.5 time to move up. Hall from NCstate ran a 4.4 and he is a little bigger than McGlover. Mario Williams from the same school,, 6'7 295, ran faster than McGlover.

Not trashing him or anything, but I was a little dissappointed in that time for him. With his size he needed a really really fast time.

222369[/snapback]

While I was expecting McClover to run a bit faster, he didn't dissappoint too badly. Your numbers are wrong btw. Who is Hall from NC State? I'm guessing you're talling about Lawson, he ran a 4.45 but he is a known freak and he is also 240lbs (over 10lbs lighter than McClover). Mario Williams did not run faster, he clocked in at 4.66 but he too is a freak of nature. McClover ran faster than guys like Wimbley and Haralson, who were his main competition. He never had a chance to catch up to Williams or Lawson, so what they didn't shouldn't affect him.

222369[/snapback]

While I was expecting McClover to run a bit faster, he didn't dissappoint too badly. Your numbers are wrong btw. Who is Hall from NC State? I'm guessing you're talling about Lawson, he ran a 4.45 but he is a known freak and he is also 240lbs (over 10lbs lighter than McClover). Mario Williams did not run faster, he clocked in at 4.66 but he too is a freak of nature. McClover ran faster than guys like Wimbley and Haralson, who were his main competition. He never had a chance to catch up to Williams or Lawson, so what they didn't shouldn't affect him.

222385[/snapback]

Yeah, you are right, I was talking about Lawson. Don't know where "Hall" came from. True too that comparing anyone to Mario is not fair. He is off the charts for a player his size.

Which number was wrong? Were you talking about the fact that I had Mario at 4.65 instead of 4.66 or that I had Lawson at 4.4 instead of 4.45? I was just rounding a little! :D

Oh yeah, did anyone see Mix's numbers? Did he run? i was expecting him to suprise some people.

Glad your head is clear now. I don't want to see any missiles coming from your way towards the 4200 area poke1.gif

Proud tiger, is that a Redstone reference? very nice :)

222383[/snapback]

Yep. See I know where you are. We should get together for lunch one day.

I watched him run, he had a 4.45 "Unofficial time" but I'm not sure what his final time ended up being.

222389[/snapback]

Heard the same thing....and isn't the guy 240-250 lbs?? I'm sure NFL scouts are drooling over his specs.

I think he was around 230lbs for the combine.

What I didn't like was that he appearently isn'rt very high on a move to TE, I heard that he felt that he wouldn't work out well at TE, which isn't exactly what you want to hear out of a prospect that isn't any sort of lock. I doubt that Mix could play much WR in the NFL, but he'd be an intriguing prospect at TE given his specs.

Archived