Bama practice brawl

GoAU

I know some skimishes among players individually occur, but that is kind of odd to see that many involved I would think. Especially the couple that come in late and take some shots.

Sure it will be addressed and handled quickly and a few buckets for some players will be needed.

I know some skimishes among players individually occur, but that is kind of odd to see that many involved I would think.  Especially the couple that come in late and take some shots.

Sure it will be addressed and handled quickly and a few buckets for some players will be needed.

226202[/snapback]

Funny thing is...they cant deny their actions to the coach...he's got it on video :)

hope those guys have good runnin shoes.

I know some skimishes among players individually occur, but that is kind of odd to see that many involved I would think.  Especially the couple that come in late and take some shots.

226202[/snapback]

Funny thing is...they cant deny their actions to the coach...he's got it on video :)

hope those guys have good runnin shoes.

226204[/snapback]

Given his past record, I think you can expect no punishment to follow other than some vague unverifiable after-the-fact vapor.

It’s not an uncommon occurrence for teammates to get caught up in emotion and resort to fighting. However I thought it was odd that the player (#92) was not even involved in the action and came in with a cheap shot. Fighting with teammates is one thing. Hitting one of your own teammates with a cheap shot is another. I wonder if #92 is Wallace Gilberry. He’s #92 but with it being spring practice it could be someone with a duplicate number.

You call that a brawl? Two words: Mee Yow. All that hand slapping/shoving looked more like a cat fight between a bunch of cheerleaders. Even the cheap shot looked kinda weak. Usually with a big hit, you're supposed to hear something. Did anybody hear any pads come together in that "lick"? These guys must have been tired from practicing indoors or something. :thumbsdown:

Anyone else think it looked a little staged? I mean they are at least ten yards from the line of scrimmage. Why would you be that far from the LOS and still fighting? either the O-lineman got whupped very badly or he drug the d-lineman ten yards past the LOS, not legal btw.

Just a little ODD, nothing more, being on the back line of the endzone.

I can't imagine why it would be staged, why would you want it to look like you had team issues?

I know that it's not unusual to see individual skirmishes - heck it's even a good thing sometimes to see that much emotion and passion, but when the whole team gets involved like they were all just waiting for a reason is what would worry me.

Given his past record, I think you can expect no punishment to follow other than some vague unverifiable after-the-fact vapor.

Yeah...tell that to Simeon Castille and DJ Hall.

Guest Tigrinum Major

It started out as no big deal. Then the guy (Gilberry?) that came up and pushed the other lineman set off the brawl. Everyone else looked like they were going for him. Then the two over to the side decided they needed a little action.

Weird.

I will commend the Bama players on one thing. I didn't see anyone stupid enough to take his helmet off. Maybe they are recruiting smarter players.

Yeah...tell that to Simeon Castille and DJ Hall.

226235[/snapback]

Sure will.

One flunked out. Shula couldn't control that. That's not his choice.

The other is still on the team when any other kid would have been expelled from school in the same circumstances.

Sorry, but you STILL don't win a prize, not even one from the lowest shelf. Try again tomorrow. :D

Looked like #71 was probably tired of getting manhandled by #99 and took out a little frustration after the play was over. Nothing new, should have stopped there. Then #92 (Gilberry?) really started the scrum. I would hate to be in his running shoes after the coaches saw that tape.

What a bunch of candy a**es. Wait for a fight to break out, then jump on the pile and throw a bunch of cheap ones. These guys can't even get a practice scrap right.

either the O-lineman got whupped very badly or he drug the d-lineman ten yards past the LOS, not legal btw.

226223[/snapback]

We have never heard of Bama O linemen holding have we? :rolleyes::no::no::no:

Anyone else think it looked a little staged? I mean they are at least ten yards from the line of scrimmage. Why would you be that far from the LOS and still fighting? either the O-lineman got whupped very badly or he drug the d-lineman ten yards past the LOS, not legal btw.

Just a little ODD, nothing more, being on the back line of the endzone.

226223[/snapback]

It looked to me like they were participating in a pass rush drill where 1 OL and 1 DL go against eachother at a time. That would explain why there were only to players participating in the drill.

I thought it was funny that all the coaches and-or staff run over to the pile and nobody paid attention to the 2 players off to the side.

You guys are reading WAY too much into this!!! I have played at the collegiate level and have seen this happen quite a bit; especially in the spring. It looks like the starting d-line and scout o-line were going up against each other. The d-line was probably getting man handled and out hustled by the scout team and didn't like being shown up. There were probably a few choice words before and had been going at it all day.

This is not necessarily a bad thing guys. A lot of the times coaches will provoke this type of thing with the scout team...especially during spring. I know we are supposed to hate Alabama and everything that they do....but too many of you guys are reading too much into this.

You guys are reading WAY too much into this!!! I have played  at the collegiate level and have seen this happen quite a bit; especially in the spring. It looks like the starting d-line and scout o-line were going up against each other. The d-line was probably getting man handled and out hustled by the scout team and didn't like being shown up. There were probably a few choice words before and had been going at it all day.

This is not necessarily a bad thing guys. A lot of the times coaches will provoke this type of thing with the scout team...especially during spring. I know we are supposed to hate Alabama and everything that they do....but too many of you guys are reading too much into this.

226280[/snapback]

AMEN!!! SOme are obsessed with the wrong team.

I played football in college also and I was involved in a fight in the spring during a scrimage and I thought I was kicking the guys @#$ but on film it looked like I was trying to shake his hand ! During the spring offense and defence get in a lot of fights because the coaches build the others up as the enemy

Archived