Just what we needed...

Guest Tigrinum Major

ESPN shelled out 2 million dollars to provide this lovely game......That money could have been spent in far better ways, such as buying some of their commentators brains......

dang, its getting to the point that a bowl game isn't a reward for anything. There were too many bowls BEFORE this. Might as well just have enough bowls for every team to participate in one at this point.

The bowl doesn't have a name yet. State officials are debating whether to sell naming rights or give it a New Mexico-flavored name -- perhaps something like the Chile Bowl.
...sounds more like the punch line to a joke than a bowl. (Although I suppose many said the same about the "Sugar Bowl" when it's name first came up.)

In any case, it's only a matter of time until it gets a corporate sponsor's name, so I would stress too much if I were a state official. The Money will soon talk and name the thing anyway.

ESPN shelled out 2 million dollars to provide this lovely game......That money could have been spent in far better ways, such as buying some of their commentators brains......

now i've seen it all. espn sponsors a bowl game and all they'll do is bitch about there being too many bowl games and no playoff in D1. take me now, lord.

Well, if they didn't restrict themselves to WAC-Mountain West teams, it would be another place for Bama to play post-season.. :D

Archived