Family relieved...

GalensGhost

No actually those jokes are pretty darn funny. Its one thing to tell jokes...its another to take JOY in the fact that someone slipped in the draft...only because he played for bama.

Just like I wouldnt make jokes about Stanley's current draft woes.

I found JOY in the fact that he slipped in the draft, no doubt.

However, I was extremely happy when my good friend from high school Roman Harper went earlier than expected (early second round), so you can't say it's JUST because he played for Alabama.

233099[/snapback]

Knock yourself out. Nobody would object.

Difference is that we haven't been subjected to reams of articles discussing how McClover might be better than Mario Williams and could sneak into the first round because scouts were so impressed with his hair's ability to deflate a football.

We haven't been subjected to comparisons between McClover and the top players in the draft based on the fact that Stanley threw one ball further than one of legitimate top picks.

You Bama fans haven't had to deal with any AU fans explaining to you how McClover would be a real steal for some first or second round team.

You haven't had to listen to stories (tall tales is more like it) of how classy McClover and his Deddy are.

You didn't watch the state media camp out in McClover's shadow at the Senior Bowl and then make excuse after excuse for his sorry performance in the event.

Difference is McClover came out, AU fans (for the most part) questioned his decision to leave early and then hoped he hadn't made a colossal mistake. Looking like he might have miscalculated.

Let this be a lesson to others.

233099[/snapback]

Difference is that we haven't been subjected to reams of articles discussing how McClover might be better than Mario Williams and could sneak into the first round because scouts were so impressed with his hair's ability to deflate a football.

We haven't been subjected to comparisons between McClover and the top players in the draft based on the fact that Stanley threw one ball further than one of legitimate top picks.

You Bama fans haven't had to deal with any AU fans explaining to you how McClover would be a real steal for some first or second round team.

You haven't had to listen to stories (tall tales is more like it) of how classy McClover and his Deddy are.

You didn't watch the state media camp out in McClover's shadow at the Senior Bowl and then make excuse after excuse for his sorry performance in the event.

Difference is McClover came out, AU fans (for the most part) questioned his decision to leave early and then hoped he hadn't made a colossal mistake. Looking like he might have miscalculated.

233109[/snapback]

Great on the point post!!!

233099[/snapback]

233109[/snapback]

Interesting...i heard all those things about brodie over the last month from people who follow the draft at ESPN, FOX, etc...only echoed by bama fans...not originated. And last night after brodie went (in 3rd rd...which is a BIG difference from not being drafted by the 6th like stanley) all I heard from Berman and company was how great of a QB he was and how he was a steal in the 3rd round.

You act like its JUST bama people saying this stuff because it supports your goal of making us seem delusional.

Once they're out of that high school looking red & white uni, they no longer bother me. Hate 'em while they're at bammie, let 'em be when they aren't.

Brodie seems like a good kid and I hope he gets his shot.

Then I make a McClover or sack joke, and instead of just having my fun I have become a classless whiney Auburn fan that is trying to slam the kid.

No actually those jokes are pretty darn funny. Its one thing to tell jokes...its another to take JOY in the fact that someone slipped in the draft...only because he played for bama.

233099[/snapback]

You mean like when Brodie pulled the 13-0 with nothing to show comments on a group of Auburn people down in gulf shores. Taking some joy that Auburn got left out of the BCS game because it was Auburn.

Then I make a McClover or sack joke, and instead of just having my fun I have become a classless whiney Auburn fan that is trying to slam the kid.

233099[/snapback]

You mean like when Brodie pulled the 13-0 with nothing to show comments on a group of Auburn people down in gulf shores. Taking some joy that Auburn got left out of the BCS game because it was Auburn.

233135[/snapback]

Wish he'd tried it on me. I'd have hit him in the face with a shovel. What a dork.

i'm not worried about brodie making me look bad any more than i'm worried about reggie bust doing the same. reggie's never been an every down back; i don't think he ever will be. brodie's never been anything more than a sporatic qb carried by a defense; i don't think he ever will be. he's not going to be the steal of the 3rd round anymore than mcclover is going to be the steal of the 7th (devin might be). stanley is a one dimensional player that never realized he was a one dimensional player.

brodie is a one dimensional qb who can throw the deep ball pretty well, routinely posts a completion percentage below what his team needs, and doesn't have the arm to throw the 15 yard out. everyone always talks about how far he can throw it... that means crap. that's not the measure of a strong arm. you put arm under a deep ball and float it out there; that doesn't mean you can throw a rope that dbs won't jump all over. i don't care if brodie went in round 1, 3, or 7. he's still just going to be a backup.

Wish he'd tried it on me. I'd have hit him in the face with a shovel. What a dork.

Big big talk for a guy behind a computer. What is it with you and shovels anyway?

Big big talk for a guy behind a computer. What is it with you and shovels anyway?

233163[/snapback]

It's a big computer.

Shovels are just a weapon of choice.

Lets get back to more pressing issues. We still need to find a place on campus for the statue that'll be going up after next season.

thumb.jpg

Archived