Family relieved...

GalensGhost

LOL!!!!

233003[/snapback]

Kansas City ends Croyle suffering.

Drunken Chief GM thought the team was drafting John Brodie.

233004[/snapback]

Actually the suffering just begins. He'll be bounced from like a ping pong ball from one team to the next to be their QB of the future(then bounced again). Remember Danny Wuerfull(sp?)? Then he'll end up in Canada and bounced around there, then finally find a home in bamaham playing for the steeldogs in the Arena League. To which the Steeldogs will honor his greatness by changing the nickname of the franchise to the GLASSdogs since he'll be on the injured list more than on the field.

Class all around fellas...top notch...nothing like a bunch of whiney AU fans to slam a young man who is all character...just because he decided to play for bama.

I almost didn't post this after reading BamaGrads whiny post, but what the hell...

He's always struck me as a good kid with a good family. I hope he does well.

Class all around fellas...top notch...nothing like a bunch of whiney AU fans to slam a young man who is all character...just because he decided to play for bama.

233010[/snapback]

It's called a joke.

I know you probably lost $150 bucks when the first two rounds passed and Brodie was still on the board (couldn't tell you how many Bama fans would have given me 2-1 that he was second round material at the latest) but you really should lighten up.

There was nothing in any of the posts that could remotely be considered a slam. Besides, when it comes to slamming Brodie, I've got nothing on Stanley. Tommy, Quentin.... ;)

You know, BG, I probably wouldn't have posted this at all if I hadn't spent the last two weeks listening to your bama boob bretheren obsess over the draft and explain to me why Brodie might go ahead of Cutler. Dropping to the latter part of the third round is justice for them, if not for him.

That he was picked after a quarterback from Alabama State is beyond hilarious. Had the Al State QB not been selected, this thread might never have started. That I find abundant humor in that simple fact is no slam on the kid. It's just FUNNY.

Personally? I don't think he'll ever play in the NFL but that's not the point.

233010[/snapback]

I've heard he is quite different after a couple when you go to Auburn and there is no camera's or microphones around.

I'm sure he has called us names or complained about us just cause we went to Auburn. Apple didn't fall that far from the tree I'm sure and pappa Croyle will take any jab he can get in.

Seeing as I'm sure that Brodie has told some Auburn jokes with his friends before, and using your standard of judgement that you have used for those in this thread, Brodie isn't the all character young man you want us to believe he is.

Texan, speaking as someone who has been around Brodie enough to know...he is all class. He might have his fun...but at the end of the day, his character speaks for itself.

Galen...i really wish you would not have a blind eye when it comes to your fellow AU'ers who are just as bad as the bama fans you spend so very much time complaining about. As someone who lives in the state of alabama you HAVE to know that there are AU rednecks and idiots just like Bama ones. You're too smart to think they dont exist...but you are a big enough homer to deny it :)

Texan, speaking as someone who has been around  Brodie enough to know...he is all class. He might have his fun...but at the end of the day, his character speaks for itself.

Galen...i really wish you would not have a blind eye when it comes to your fellow AU'ers who are just as bad as the bama fans you spend so very much time complaining about.  As someone who lives in the state of alabama you HAVE to know that there are AU rednecks and idiots just like Bama ones. You're too smart to think they dont exist...but you are a big enough homer to deny it :)

233025[/snapback]

Brodie is all class. You've said it twice. I guess that doesn't leave much room for talent. :P

In truth? I know a few obnoxious AU fans. But not many. I know very few Bama fans who are not obnoxious. I'm 43 years old. Outside this message board, I've hardly ever ridiculed a Bama fan. I've never seen stranger in a UA shirt and told them how ugly it was. Never told parents they shouldn't torture their children by making them wear UA stuff. I've only got two Bama friends who aren't complete jackasses. They tell me I can't say anything to them when AU wins (and I never do) but on the rare occasions when UA wins a game, the crowing, strutting and preening is ridiculous. It's insufferable. I've never known ANY AU fan to act like that.

Texan, speaking as someone who has been around  Brodie enough to know...he is all class. He might have his fun...but at the end of the day, his character speaks for itself.

Galen...i really wish you would not have a blind eye when it comes to your fellow AU'ers who are just as bad as the bama fans you spend so very much time complaining about.  As someone who lives in the state of alabama you HAVE to know that there are AU rednecks and idiots just like Bama ones. You're too smart to think they dont exist...but you are a big enough homer to deny it :)

233025[/snapback]

Brodie is all class. You've said it twice. I guess that doesn't leave much room for talent. :P

In truth? I know a few obnoxious AU fans. But not many. I know very few Bama fans who are not obnoxious. I'm 43 years old. Outside this message board, I've hardly ever ridiculed a Bama fan. I've never seen stranger in a UA shirt and told them how ugly it was. Never told parents they shouldn't torture their children by making them wear UA stuff. I've only got two Bama friends who aren't complete jackasses. They tell me I can't say anything to them when AU wins (and I never do) but on the rare occasions when UA wins a game, the crowing, strutting and preening is ridiculous. It's insufferable. I've never known ANY AU fan to act like that.

233028[/snapback]

Very well said ghost. The GM of a company i used to work for was a UAT fan. He was the biggest jackass to walk the earth. He knew full well i was an auburn fan, and he would come in the office where I was for no other reason than to tell one of his stupid auburn jokes. I never went to his office to say anything about UAT, or about Auburn or how UAT LOST to Auburn or to anybody else. NEVER!! Every exchange was him coming to my office area. The years that Auburn beat UAT I never said a word, but when UAT beat Auburn he would come into MY office area and play that stupid UAT fight song. NEVER ONCE did i provoke this...EVER!! As the employee I had little choice but to take it from the GM. He was the stereotypical UAT fan. Arrogant, Egotistical, Rude and Obnoxious, Much like daddy Croyle. Yes, BG, I've met this man. He's one of the most arrogant...etc., pieces of UAT garbage there is. For that, I have little reason to doubt that baby croyle is very much different.

Poor Jaydubb. His Hometown Chiefs are spending money on a so-called qb that will never get a chance to perform. :D

(in my best mel kiper impression): Brodie Croyle! This is a guy I had slotted a little higher... a real value pick for the Chiefs. There are some questions about his durability, and he didn't actually put together a winning season until his senior year. But, he's a real character guy who, I've been told, can really throw the deep ball. I'm not sure he can make the other throws, but NO QUESTION the Chiefs just got themselves a great team player.

okay, so in all seriousness, i'm glad the guy gets his shot. he's not gonna beat out trent green; so he's looking at a backup spot, which is a good thing for brodie. personally, i wouldn't have taken him over gradkowski, omar jacobs, or drew olsen, but at least he didn't go in round one or two where expectations would've weighed him down AGAIN like they did at bama.

he's a decent qb that should make a career of being a backup (there are a heckuva lot worse professions than playing football/never getting hit) because he's pretty smart and he'll learn to avoid mistakes. i think of brodie as my generations doug pederson. doug got some run in other places, but in the end, he always landed back in green bay to play brett's second fiddle. welcome to your new life brodie.

233010[/snapback]

I hate to point out the obvious, but they were not slamming Brodie nearly as bad as Bammer fans this past year. If you listen to any sport talk radio you will know many of the Bammers still blame Brodie for the AUBURN LOSS.

233025[/snapback]

So let me get this straight. You, myself, and Brodie are sitting around at a table and Brodie pulls out some tired old agriculture jokes about the Auburn student body. Now Brodie is just having his fun, is a classy guy and a top notch character.

Then I make a McClover or sack joke, and instead of just having my fun I have become a classless whiney Auburn fan that is trying to slam the kid.

233025[/snapback]

Bamar...and Class...now that's funny!!! :lol: (I don't care who you are...that's funny!)

:au::homer:

Then I make a McClover or sack joke, and instead of just having my fun I have become a classless whiney Auburn fan that is trying to slam the kid.

No actually those jokes are pretty darn funny. Its one thing to tell jokes...its another to take JOY in the fact that someone slipped in the draft...only because he played for bama.

Just like I wouldnt make jokes about Stanley's current draft woes.

I almost didn't post this after reading BamaGrads whiny post, but what the hell...

He's always struck me as a good kid with a good family.  I hope he does well.

233016[/snapback]

Finally I agree with TexasTiger!!!!!

Best to Brodie and I hope he brings credit to his university and this state.

The local sports page had been praising Brodie this week and projecting how high he was likely to go in the draft and would be the next in a long line of UAT QBs to make it in the NFL ... he was going to be in the top 4 QBs selected. When he was 85th pick and the 7th QB drafted the paper buries in information deep in the sports pages.

This same paper puts on page 1 in the sports page when AU failed to win against UAT in the Friday baseball game, but puts the story on page 4 when AU beats UAT in the Saturday game.

Care to make a guess at the name of the paper? None other than the Bham News.

233025[/snapback]

Bamar...and Class...now that's funny!!! :lol: (I don't care who you are...that's funny!)

:au::homer:

233064[/snapback]

BAMA and class go together like OIL and WATER.

Archived