Cooper Wallace to Chicago Bears

DCTiger

Tight end was considered the biggest team need, and this was one of the deepest groups at that position in the last 10 years, but the Bears were shut out.

"The tight ends are gone," Gabriel said after the fifth round. "You can't create one."

Gabriel didn't regret missing out on the nine tight ends that were grabbed in the first 98 picks.

"You have to go with value," he said. "You're not going to stretch to take a player. If you do, you're making a mistake, and it comes back to haunt you.

"We thought (we'd get a tight end). We hoped we would get one somewhere along the way, but you have to take value. Every time we were drafting, there was better value at another position. And the guys we've gotten so far are all good football players that are going to make this team and help us win."

The Bears signed Oregon's Timothy

Link

I will admit, upon first reading of this I was uncertain you knew what you were talking about, but then I clicked the link and it all became clearer.

Yeah, sorry about that. The last line of my quote got cut off.

The Bears signed Oregon's Timothy Day and Auburn's Cooper Wallace after striking out in the draft.

Ah it's ok! Congrats to Cooper though. It was always fun watching him lower his head and run over someone. Good times.. Good times

I love how our Tight Ends always run exactly perpendicular to the goal line. If their happens to be a defender in that perpendicular line, too bad for him. That is the shortest distance to where they want to be.

Archived