My favorite childhood comedian

Bottomfeeder

For some reason BF, I didn't think you were old enough to remember Red Skelton. Now being one of the Old Geezer's on this board, I remember seeing Red Skelton's show as a child. We have more in common than probably either of us thought.

I'm another one of those old geezers, too.

I grew up in the era of three channels (sometimes four if APT was coming through good on the antenna that day, but who watched it?). My Dad was the absolute Commander-in-Chief of the television in our house and we watched whatever he wanted to watch. The only remote control he had was making me or my brothers get up and change the channel.

Red Skelton was his favorite show, and I give Dad & Red credit for teaching me how precious laughter and a good sense of humor are.

Red Skelton was a hero of mine. I remember him being so funny and on a kid level too. He was always on in our home. Red Skelton is the only TV show I have spent the money on for a dvd collection.

I guess compared to old farts, I am a youngster. Even though he was before my time, I do like Red Skelton. My dad is a real big fand and I bought him a DVD collection one year. I may be in just my early 30's but I like more older things then I do the newer things when it comes to entertainment. I love 60s-80s classic rock and love to watch old 50s-80s sitcoms. I also love John Wayne, Steve McQueen, old Clint Eastwood , John Ford movies, Jack Lemmon, James Cagney, James Stewart, Jerry Lee Lewis, and of course The Three Stoogies. Alot of my favorite movies were made before 1975.

Archived