Toughest Place to Play in SEC.

DKW 86

I grew up an LSU fan. I feel your pain

241495[/snapback]

And, I grew up an Auburn fan. Anybody here old enough to remember Bobby Hunt, David Hill, and Mailon Kent from the early 60's? All from my high school, only a couple of years ahead of me.

Give me a NIGHT game @ Pat Dye Field @ JHS. I have been to every stadium in the SEC, except Florida Field. UGA is a close second.(The Campus is beautiful!) lsWHO is overrated. bds is just too old and too drunk.

My 2 cents. :au::cheer:

That's great!  How was Europe?

241672[/snapback]

I loved it. If our youngest had been with us, I might have called the neighbors, told them to sell my truck, my wife's van, the house and everything in it and send me the money C/O some place in the Italian countryside.

It made me appreciate being an American on the one hand, but also understand why we are despised in many countries. We are so arrogant.

When we arrived in the airport in Italy, the announcements came over the speakers in three or four different languages. The signs and boards were the same way. It wasn't hard to figure out where to go and what to do even thought my Italian is awful. On coming back, however, foreign travelers were told that all paperwork had to be in English, period. We were met at the gate in Atlanta by a "shaniqua" who was directing traffic. An Indian family stopped to try to ask her where to go. They were obviously confused. Didn't speak english well enough to understand what she was saying. (Not that those of us who DID speak English could translate much of what she was saying.) She was downright rude to this family. Said something like "I don't know what ya'lls be saying, but you gonna have to get over there in THAT line. LINE? You hear LINE?" Pathetic.

I enjoyed Italy. Can't wait to go back again. Rome was okay, Pompeii okay, but I loved Siena and Florence.

I got a couple of comments for those folks overseas, however:

1) Ain't ya'll ever heard of ICE? Some of us folks want a cold drink.

2) Could you make a shower that's big enough for a six year old boy to turn around in?

3) Bread isn't what's for breakfast. It's only PART of what's for breakfast.

4) Lanes are meant to be driven in. They're not suggestions.

4) And for you French people? You might not like us, but at least you're not speaking German, so live with it.

Thanks for asking.

I grew up an LSU fan. I feel your pain

241495[/snapback]

And, I grew up an Auburn fan. Anybody here old enough to remember Bobby Hunt, David Hill, and Mailon Kent from the early 60's? All from my high school, only a couple of years ahead of me.

241718[/snapback]

I know of Mailon Kent, he is in Housel's Saturdays to Remember book.

241672[/snapback]

I loved it. If our youngest had been with us, I might have called the neighbors, told them to sell my truck, my wife's van, the house and everything in it and send me the money C/O some place in the Italian countryside.

It made me appreciate being an American on the one hand, but also understand why we are despised in many countries. We are so arrogant.

When we arrived in the airport in Italy, the announcements came over the speakers in three or four different languages. The signs and boards were the same way. It wasn't hard to figure out where to go and what to do even thought my Italian is awful. On coming back, however, foreign travelers were told that all paperwork had to be in English, period. We were met at the gate in Atlanta by a "shaniqua" who was directing traffic. An Indian family stopped to try to ask her where to go. They were obviously confused. Didn't speak english well enough to understand what she was saying. (Not that those of us who DID speak English could translate much of what she was saying.) She was downright rude to this family. Said something like "I don't know what ya'lls be saying, but you gonna have to get over there in THAT line. LINE? You hear LINE?" Pathetic.

I enjoyed Italy. Can't wait to go back again. Rome was okay, Pompeii okay, but I loved Siena and Florence.

2) Could you make a shower that's big enough for a six year old boy to turn around in?

4) And for you French people? You might not like us, but at least you're not speaking German, so live with it.

Thanks for asking.

241730[/snapback]

G2, if I was ever here in a previous life, I lived in Tuscany. Love the food, the architecture, and the people. I would build a Tuscan home but not that many people here in Alabama would even know what to do with a Tuc=scan home. The resale value would be zilch.

241672[/snapback]

Thanks for asking.

241730[/snapback]

G2, if I was ever here in a previous life, I lived in Tuscany. Love the food, the architecture, and the people. I would build a Tuscan home but not that many people here in Alabama would even know what to do with a Tuc=scan home. The resale value would be zilch.

241762[/snapback]

I think I saw the movie. :rolleyes:

:au::homer:

I agree that BAMA fans aren't loud enough, but I think that is mainly because unlike many teams, we go into the game expecting to win. That is why you don't see us rushing the field to tear down the goal posts. Now, that being said, it has always irked me that BDS is so quite during some games. Of course, if you're there during a big game like Florida or Tennessee (never been to an BAMA/auburn game so I can't say) the place is LOUD. The loudest stadium in the SEC that I've ever been to is "The Swamp" hands down. I went to a game down on the plains when I was in high school, and I have to tell you, it was pretty darn quite. It was a non-conference game against LA Tech. It was just as quite as BDS when BAMA plays a nothing school. In my experience, auburn is the quietest stadium I've ever been to, but I only went to one game, against a nothing school, and when y'all sucked harder than Paris Hilton. I haven't been to a auburn game recently, and I have heard that is much louder down there. Again, I can't really say anything about auburn because I haven't been down there recently, and I've never been to a big game. I do know that my friend was there last year against BAMA and he said it was absolutely deafening.

I agree that BAMA fans aren't loud enough, but I think that is mainly because unlike many teams, we go into the game expecting to win. That is why you don't see us rushing the field to tear down the goal posts. Now, that being said, it has always irked me that BDS is so quite during some games. Of course, if you're there during a big game like Florida or Tennessee (never been to an BAMA/auburn game so I can't say) the place is LOUD. The loudest stadium in the SEC that I've ever been to is "The Swamp" hands down. I went to a game down on the plains when I was in high school, and I have to tell you, it was pretty darn quite. It was a non-conference game against LA Tech. It was just as quite as BDS when BAMA plays a nothing school. In my experience, auburn is the quietest stadium I've ever been to, but I only went to one game, against a nothing school, and when y'all sucked harder than Paris Hilton. I haven't been to a auburn game recently, and I have heard that is much louder down there. Again, I can't really say anything about auburn because I haven't been down there recently, and I've never been to a big game. I do know that my friend was there last year against BAMA and he said it was absolutely deafening.

241872[/snapback]

It was.... :)

Here's my top 3:

1. Florida...the stands have a pretty steep slope and there's not much room on the sidelines, so the fans are right on top of you

2. LSU...THE loudest stadium in the nation, opponents have a hard time executing plays...a much better record at night...there's also the overpowering stench of corndogs

3. Auburn...can really rock, especially when ya'll burn down buildings on campus

I agree that BAMA fans aren't loud enough, but I think that is mainly because unlike many teams, we go into the game expecting to win. That is why you don't see us rushing the field to tear down the goal posts.

241872[/snapback]

please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe UAT fans rushed the field and tearing down the goal posts just last season after the UF win..... Am I right??

241872[/snapback]

I always like the subtle digs at Auburn tearing down the goalposts after beating Florida in 2001. UF was #1 and SOS was the coach and that was the last time the Gators were any good. I mean Duval's last second kick was nothing compared to the kicks that beat Ole Miss and UT, both teams having their worst records in 20 years.

I agree that BAMA fans aren't loud enough, but I think that is mainly because unlike many teams, we go into the game expecting to win. That is why you don't see us rushing the field to tear down the goal posts.

241872[/snapback]

please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe UAT fans rushed the field and tearing down the goal posts just last season after the UF win..... Am I right??

242114[/snapback]

Nope, BAMA fans didn't rush the field afterwards. However, they did scream the loudest Rammer Jammer ever!! :big:

2. LSU...THE loudest stadium in the nation, opponents have a hard time executing plays...a much better record at night...there's also the overpowering stench of corndogs

LSU...THE loudest stadium in the nation, opponents have a hard time executing plays...a much better record at night

That 5 win UT team really didn't have a problem coming back at night at LSU

241872[/snapback]

242114[/snapback]

Nope. Even if the Bama nation was one to run on the field tearing down goal posts, the place lost ALL excitement after Prothro broke his leg late in the game.....that is until it was time to sing.

LSU: I love the place. Probably my favorite stadium in the country. But there's no bigger myth than the aura of Saturday Night at Tiger Stadium. It's a fantastic atmosphere and all, but that's it. Anyone who looses to UAB at home (2001) can't call the joint intimidating.

I love it! L-S-WHOOOOOOOO!!

Too bad this Hayes guy can't spell though (looses). :P

Here's my top 3:

1. Florida...the stands have a pretty steep slope and there's not much room on the sidelines, so the fans are right on top of you

3. Auburn...can really rock, especially when ya'll burn down buildings on campus

242093[/snapback]

Gotta have a fire to roast the CORN DOGS! :)

I haven't been to every one on the list, but:

If game is at night:

1) LSU

2) Florida

Daytime:

1) Florida

2) LSU

3) Auburn - psst, who almost lost at home to App State & UCF a few years back

4) Tennessee

5) UGA

6) South Carolina

7) Arkansas

8) Alabama

9) Ole Miss

10) Mississippi State

11) Kentucky - "First Down, Keeeeeeeeeentucky!!" keeps them out of last

12) Vandy

I haven't been to every one on the list, but:

If game is at night:

1) LSU

2) Florida

Daytime:

1) Florida

2) LSU

3) Auburn - psst, who almost lost at home to App State & UCF a few years back

4) Tennessee

5) UGA

6) South Carolina

7) Arkansas

8) Alabama

9) Ole Miss

10) Mississippi State

11) Kentucky - "First Down, Keeeeeeeeeentucky!!" keeps them out of last

12) Vandy

242192[/snapback]

Oh yeah...and what are we...like, 18-1 in our last 19 SEC games!!!??? I'll take it. B)

That 5 win UT team really didn't have a problem coming back at night at LSU

242131[/snapback]

why yes they did.... i'm not gonna sit here and say that LSU is unbeatable at night. But on a "Saturday" in Tiger Stadium LSU is one of the toughes places to play in the nation. The game you are refering to was played on a Monday night and wasn't near the normal Saturday night atmosphere.

but regardless of the fans and atmosphere, that game was LSU's (the team's and coaches) fault they blew that lead.

I am not trying to say it was the fans fault. I am simply saying the night-experience at LSU is not all its cracked up to be.

DV can get loud as holy hell as I experienced for years, especially at the UF/LSU game in 1997.

But on the whole, it isn't something that I think blows away a night experience in Knox, Auburn, or Jax

241872[/snapback]

242114[/snapback]

No, you're not right..... as always.....

I am not trying to say it was the fans fault. I am simply saying the night-experience at LSU is not all its cracked up to be.

DV can get loud as holy hell as I experienced for years, especially at the UF/LSU game in 1997.

But on the whole, it isn't something that I think blows away a night experience in Knox, Auburn, or Jax

242240[/snapback]

thats completely reasonable!!! but as you know (being a former LSU fan), you bring a high profile team (AU, UGA, FLA) into Tiger Stadium with a lot on the line on a Saturday night and that place will get crazy loud and many stadiums cant compete with the atmosphere.......and the few that can are in the SEC. But I'll be the first to admit that i've also witnessed night games at DV that were lamer than a game at Mississippi State.

But regardless of how the SEC ranks amongst each other....its good to know that NO team, NO conference can compete with the SEC as far as gameday atmosphere!

i'll throw in my two-cents b/c i've been to rival games in ttown, auburn, starkville, and oxford plus i've been to conference games everywhere except south carolina.

lsu is the hardest place in the conference for AUBURN to play. other teams seem not to mind. bama owned that stadium until very recently, ut won down there, florida won down there on the regular and even got that game during the title year... all i'm saying is, lsu fans seem to be selective in their hate. when they're up and drunk and hating, it's an awful place to play (great atmosphere, awful for the team). it just seems that lsu fans don't always have interest in being all those things.

jordan-hare comes and goes. when it's rocking (any bama game, uga 2004, florida 2001, etc.) it's a nightmare. the pre-game, in-game, and post-game is the best combination going in my eyes. auburn fans, however, tend to do the same thing our team does: if we think a win is in the bag, we don't show. the tech game last year was one of the quietest games i've ever been to in any stadium. it was joke, and that was a big game. so, it just depends on our fans' impression heading in to be honest.

sanford stadium has always seemed weak to me. it's never loud. it's the big hole on the one endzone i think. it just can't hold sound... at all. it's a very sec feeling leading up and after and even during... it's just not sec noise.

the swamp is the loudest place i've ever been. i know some folks say it's not, but i was on row 1 when duval missed that field goal in 02, i thought i went deaf. no lie. my ears were really ringing. so that will always go down in my book as a tough place to play. add to that, the stories of players throwing up when they do the swaying after the third? tough place to play.

ut i got a bad impression of, but i'm sure it's not always like that b/c they aren't always getting wiped out by halftime.

Archived