Auburn FCA Support

DKW 86

From ITAT Board

Carrollton, Ga.-- Auburn Head Football Coach Tommy Tuberville and Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) Director and Team Chaplain Chette Williams will keynote the West Central Georgia Auburn Club meeting in Carrollton on Thursday, July 20.

The meeting, to be held at 5:30 p.m. at Sunset Hills Country Club in Carrollton, will be the organization’s second annual fundraiser supporting Williams’ FCA program at Auburn University.

“This is an opportunity to be a part of something much bigger than just a football banquet. Chette Williams and his program are truly changing lives,” said organizer Steven Hill. “We raised $32,000 at our first event last year, despite holding the event on a night when Hurricane Katrina was spawning tornadoes throughout the area. A matching pledge allowed us to deliver almost $65 thousand to help continue the work of the FCA. We expect to do even better this year.”

In addition to remarks by Tuberville and Williams, fans will have the opportunity to meet other Auburn players, coaches and officials and to participate in an auction that will include collectible Auburn memorabilia, game tickets and other special items.

Table Sponsorships are available for $1,500/table which includes 8 seats, with individual or company names displayed on the table, and a special appreciation gift. Table Sponsors will be automatically entered into a drawing for 2 seats at the head table with Coach Tuberville. This “raffle” will only include Table Sponsors who will then have the opportunity to buy additional chances for a $500 donation per chance. Individual seats will again be $100. All donations are tax deductible, and 100% of the proceeds will go to FCA.

For more information on tickets and sponsorships, contact Steven Hill at (770) 537-1845 (e-mail: sth@rkredding.com).

# # #

I donated to Chette/Auburn FCA and hope everyone here will do the same. Chette's contribution to the success of our football program has been enormous.

• 2 weeks later...

I also donated last year and plan to do the same again this year.

I went to the next level though - I am currently on the local FCA Board of Directors in the Albany, GA area. FCA does so many good things and gives ALL of the Glory to God. The FCA camps are amazing. Danny Blaylock, my prayer buddy and the defensive coordinator at Westover High in Albany, recently attended the Coaches Family Black Mountain, NC camp. He talked to me daily via cell phone about his experience and how many people received Christ. His words were, "If God is not present here at this FCA camp, then there is no God!"

When Danny returned home from this week long camp, he came straight to my house before even going home to unpack. His family came in and they took turns talking about their experiences. I plan to attend next year with my family along with Danny and his family. Two of Auburn coaches were there too.

Please support the FCA local chapter as well as AU FCA. Get with the kids at an early age and try to make a difference in their lives. Guidance and direction at an early age is needed now more than ever.

Play hard. Play fair. Play to win. Regardless of outcome, Glory to God!!

AMEN!

I also donated last year and plan to do the same again this year.

I went to the next level though - I am currently on the local FCA Board of Directors in the Albany, GA area. FCA does so many good things and gives ALL of the Glory to God. The FCA camps are amazing. Danny Blaylock, my prayer buddy and the defensive  coordinator at Westover High in Albany, recently attended the Coaches Family Black Mountain, NC camp. He talked to me daily via cell phone about his experience and how many people received Christ. His words were, "If God is not present here at this FCA camp, then there is no God!"

When Danny returned home from this week long camp, he came straight to my house before even going home to unpack. His family came in and they took turns talking about their experiences. I plan to attend next year with my family along with Danny and his family. Two of Auburn coaches were there too.

Please support the FCA local chapter as well as AU FCA. Get with the kids at an early age and try to make a difference in their lives. Guidance and direction at an early age is needed now more than ever.

Play hard. Play fair. Play to win. Regardless of outcome, Glory to God!!

AMEN!

245934[/snapback]

Great post thanks!

if i donate, reckon the nyt's will come down and write a slanderous article about it?

250283[/snapback]

Try it and see. if they do I will donate again. I would love to interview with one of those #$&*%

Archived