Another music post.

I was running an errand this morning and came across a song on the radio that I just HAD to turn up to '11' and sing along. That song was....... "Lonely no more", by Rob Thomas. :huh:

It got me to thinking, as big of a rocker as I am (first concert, iron maiden; first purchased album, Kiss, Hotter than Hell; most recent concert, Sevendust; you get the picture), as best as I can recollect, there are 3 'pop' songs and 3 only that elicit that kind of reaction from me when I hear them.

The others are - "September" Earth, Wind and Fire and "Goodbye to you" by Scandal.

Now my question for you other 'hardcore' music folks is obvious. What POP songs make you react in a similar manner?

I was running an errand this morning and came across a song on the radio that I just HAD to turn up to '11' and sing along. That song was....... "Lonely no more", by Rob Thomas.  :huh:

It got me to thinking, as big of a rocker as I am (first concert, iron maiden; first purchased album, Kiss, Hotter than Hell; most recent concert, Sevendust; you get the picture), as best as I can recollect, there are 3 'pop' songs and 3 only that elicit that kind of reaction from me when I hear them.

The others are - "September" Earth, Wind and Fire and "Goodbye to you" by Scandal.

Now my question for you other 'hardcore' music folks is obvious. What POP songs make you react in a similar manner?

245762[/snapback]

EWF isn't pop. :no:

I was running an errand this morning and came across a song on the radio that I just HAD to turn up to '11' and sing along. That song was....... "Lonely no more", by Rob Thomas.  :huh:

245762[/snapback]

EWF isn't pop. :no:

245765[/snapback]

I agree that they weren't a pop band, but that song is about as pop as they come.

I'm as my name delcares I'm a huge Proggresive rock fan Dream Theater,King's X,Type O negative,Tool,Pantera and White Zombie.

but in my teen years I listened to Duran Duran and flock of seagulls.But I have a black belt in shred guitar. :big: here's to some sweep Arpeggios. :thumbsup:

Favorite guitarist

John Petrucci

Greg Howe

Joe Satriani

Paul Gilbert

Dime Bag

Ty Tabor

Eddie Van Halen

George Lynch

Warren De Martini

John Sykes

I second "Cry Me A River" by Justin Timberlake.

Also, "Since U Been Gone" and "Behind These Hazel Eyes" by Kelly Clarkson.

"Hit Me Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears.

I'm as my name delcares I'm a huge Proggresive rock fan Dream Theater,King's X,Type O negative,Tool,Pantera and White Zombie.

but in my teen years I listened to Duran Duran and flock of seagulls.But I have a black belt in shred guitar. :big:   here's to some sweep Arpeggios. :thumbsup:

Favorite guitarist

John Petrucci

Greg Howe

Joe Satriani

Paul Gilbert

Dime Bag

Ty Tabor

Eddie Van Halen

George Lynch

Warren De Martini

John Sykes

245791[/snapback]

finally another KINGS X fan on the board. They are tied for my all time favorite band, with KISS. Nice to see somebody else actually acknowledge them on the board besides me... :cheer::cheer:

"should I go to the front?, or should i go to the back? Should I just pray? or should I attack???It makes me wonder....." WONDER-KINGS X....

Make that a third King's X fan.  Faith, Hope & Love is an awesome album.  I also really liked Dogman.

245801[/snapback]

I knew i liked you for some reason.... :cheer::cheer:

My order of KINGS X CD's....1) Gretchen goes to NEbraska 2.) Dogman 3) Out of the Silent Planet 4.) Faith, HOpe, Love 5) Tape Head 6) KINGS X 7) Ear Candy 8) Ogre Tones(newest release) 9) Black Like Sunday 10)Please come home mr. bolbous 11) Manic Moonlight

Make that a third King's X fan.  Faith, Hope & Love is an awesome album.  I also really liked Dogman.

245801[/snapback]

I knew i liked you for some reason.... :cheer::cheer:

My order of KINGS X CD's....1) Gretchen goes to NEbraska 2.) Dogman 3) Out of the Silent Planet 4.) Faith, HOpe, Love 5) Tape Head 6) KINGS X 7) Ear Candy 8) Ogre Tones(newest release) 9) Black Like Sunday 10)Please come home mr. bolbous 11) Manic Moonlight

245803[/snapback]

I love King's X

I didn't like the last album though

I own them all...I was really hoping they would stick more to the Please come home Mr. Bulbous because it sounded more like the old school King's X of Gretchen and Faith love hope and their 4th album King's X.

My favorite's in order are

1)Dogman

2)Gretchen goes to Nebraska

3)Faith love hope

4)Kings X

5)Come home MR.B

6)Ear Candy

7) Maniac Moonlight

8)Tapehead

9)Out of the Silent Planet

10)Black like Sunday(I didn't like this one)

11) last album...I REALLY hate to say it being a HUGE X fan but this one kinda of blows.

Dogman is one of the hardest hitting CDs I've ever heard. The guitars crunch and the bottom end is earth shaking. "I Don't Care" and "Black The Sky" kick ass.

Justin Timberlake - "Cry Me River"

245777[/snapback]

At the risk of making this yet another bash bama thread, I have to respond. You've had plenty to cry about lately.

Dogman is one of the hardest hitting CDs I've ever heard.  The guitars crunch and the bottom end is earth shaking.  "I Don't Care" and "Black The Sky" kick ass.

245815[/snapback]

totally agree..Not a dud on this album... I'd go with "Complain" as my favorite though, with "Dogman" a close second, then "Black the Sky"....

Ty Tabor tunes down to an A sometimes which is an extremely low tuning.Have you guys ever saw them live?I saw King's X ,Dream Theater,and Joe Satriani show at the Tabernacle in Atlanta a couple of years back and all of them are BAD!!!They rock. :thumbsup:

"Since U Been Gone," "Behind These Hazel Eyes"- Kelly Clarkson

"Brian Wilson," "It's All Been Done"- BNL

"Rock Me Amadeus"-Falco

"I Drove All Night"-Cyndi Lauper

"One Night in Bangkok"-Murray Head

"Don't ou Want Me Baby"-Human League

"Since You've Been Gone"-Kelly Clarkson

"Take Me On"-A-Ha

"Send Me On My Way"-Rusted Root

"Gonna Make You Sweat"-C&C Music Fatory

"Blue"-Eiffel 65

I've seen KINGS X twice....here in pensacola. First one was a free concert, second one was like $6. They played at a place called "THE DOCK" on pensacola beach.... Have Doug Pinnicks guitar pick from the first show...and some great pictures that I was able to take....yes I'll share the pics if anyone is interested... :)

As gay as this sounds, when "Relax" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood comes on, I catch myself rocking along until I realize again what it's about, nearly vomit and then change the station.

As gay as this sounds, when "Relax" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood comes on, I catch myself rocking along until I realize again what it's about, nearly vomit and then change the station.

245885[/snapback]

:lol: Guilty of the same thing. Also goes for that song "Stroke It". I can't recall the artist, but i remember it being aate 70s song.

At the risk of making this yet another bash bama thread, I have to respond. You've had plenty to cry about lately.

What? Did I wake up and it was suddenly 2003? Incase you forgot how bama did last year, you may want to check my sig and see what a cotton bowl trophy looks like. :P

Relax is a good song. I think its funny how they tied it into the movie Zoolander.

Anybody remember that song "How Bizzare" by OMC? Terrible song...but when it came out i played to poo out of it. What was I thinking?

Ranger, I think you are talking about Clarence Carter.

"Dixie Chicken"-Little Feat

"Its The End Of The World As We Know It"- R.E.M.

"Cult of Personality"-Living Colour

Three is pretty hard to narrow down to.

If anyone was at AU during the late eighties, you may remember this. MTV had a new music tour that made a stop in Auburn. It was a free concert with Living Colour, the Godfathers, and the Sugarcubes. Living Colour went on first because their record had only been out about a week. Anyway, they TOTALLY blew the roof off the building. The Godfathers were supposed to be some up and coming hotshots and they nearly got booed off the stage trying to follow Living Colour. The Sugarcubes were probably the worst band I have ever seen live. They sounded like everyone in the band was playing a different song at the same time.

Anyway, I have been a BIG Living Colour fan ever since.

"Dixie Chicken"-Little Feat

"Its The End Of The World As We Know It"- R.E.M.

"Cult of Personality"-Living Colour

245978[/snapback]

Can REM be classified as pop? I was going to list "What's the Frequency Kenneth" but I classifed that is alternative rock.

I surely don't think Living Colour can be "pop". They were a style of rock, kind of a grunge/alternative rock.

I think your thinking of a different song BG3. I found out it was a song by Billy Squier and was all "The Stroke". The chorus was "Stroke it, stroke it!". I grew up thinking they were saying "Strong man, strong man". :lol:

"Africa" by Toto

"Shakin'" by Eddie Money

"Superman" by REM

Some of REM's stuff can be classified as pop. The stuff they played to death on the radio was pure pop. You had to buy the CD to get the good alternative songs.

I always sing along to "My Sharona" by The Knack, too.

TIS...i actually came over here to post "Hold the Line" by Toto.

Their drummer was VERY VERY good. I like both of their top 40 songs.

Also need to add:

"Word Up" and "Candy" by Cameo

Archived