Richardson's Statement

DKW 86

1) Report not due for 3 or 4 more weeks They cant contact/interview some people because of summer session and some are graduates.

2) NCAA & SACS will get full reasults asap after the report is finished. Richardson said he doesn't expect further action after report is finished by either organization.

3) Top priority is protecting Auburn's academic reputation.

4) DR and IS classes will be strictly monitored from now on.

5) He didn't take any questions, said he would take them later though after the committee had completed it's report.

Really wished it would be over quicker that that... :gofig:

Yeah, I would have thought that there was nothing to "report" about, especially when it comes to the NCAA. Haven't they already basically said they don't see a problem?

Well, the NCAA and SACS have said that they are going to wait for the results of Auburn's own investigation, but that based on what they know so far there's nothing there of great concern as long as Auburn shows they've corrected the problem.

AU has to do a thorough investigation and make sure there aren't any lingering problems and put concrete stuff in place to show they are monitoring it from this point forward. If they don't do this, it will only invite unwarranted suspicion.

It's sort of like a sexual harassment complaint at a company. You may have every reason to believe it's a bogus claim from a disgruntled employee, but if you want a lawsuit on your hands, do a lax "investigation" and put the perception out there that you didn't take it seriously. You'll be up to your ears in lawyers before you can turn around.

Here's the thing. 3-4 weeks from now will be in the middle of two-a-days and getting close to the start of the season. When the investigation is complete and the report is issued, it won't be top news any more. It may get 1 day of coverage and then it will be all over with. 1 week isn't long enough to do a thorough investigiation. If Richardson came out and said we looked at it and everything is fine, there would be an uproar that administration didn't look into it enough and AU is trying to sweep it under the rug. This is a good thing IMHO. :au:

Here's the thing.  3-4 weeks from now will be in the middle of two-a-days and getting close to the start of the season.  When the investigation is complete and the report is issued, it won't be top news any more.  It may get 1 day of coverage and then it will be all over with.  1 week isn't long enough to do a thorough investigiation.  If Richardson came out and said we looked at it and everything is fine, there would be an uproar that administration didn't look into it enough and AU is trying to sweep it under the rug.  This is a good thing IMHO. :au:

250633[/snapback]

very good point and i agree

Yes, better to do a full investigation, dotting every "I" and crossing every "T", even if it takes a little longer, than to dismiss things too quickly and then get bad press/rumors of a "Cover up".

Here's the thing.  3-4 weeks from now will be in the middle of two-a-days and getting close to the start of the season.  When the investigation is complete and the report is issued, it won't be top news any more.  It may get 1 day of coverage and then it will be all over with.  1 week isn't long enough to do a thorough investigiation.  If Richardson came out and said we looked at it and everything is fine, there would be an uproar that administration didn't look into it enough and AU is trying to sweep it under the rug.  This is a good thing IMHO. :au:

250633[/snapback]

I agree. AU needs to make sure they do their investigation right the first time and there shouldn't be any problems. AU especially needs to do it this way so Mr. (antsy pantz) Gundlach doesn't start firing the guns again! :au:

250633[/snapback]

I agree. AU needs to make sure they do their investigation right the first time and there shouldn't be any problems. AU especially needs to do it this way so Mr. (antsy pantz) Gundlach doesn't start firing the guns again! :au:

250651[/snapback]

Well, since Gundlach has withdrawn his support and refuses to assist/cooperate with the investigation anymore, I don't see how he could complain about its thoroughness. ...not that that would necessarly stop him from doing so.

250633[/snapback]

250651[/snapback]

Well, since Gundlach has withdrawn his support and refuses to assist/cooperate with the investigation anymore, I don't see how he could complain about its thoroughness. ...not that that would necessarly stop him from doing so.

250654[/snapback]

:football: It just seems fair that if Gundlach wants to see the results that he wants to see, the least he could do would be to cooperate, even if he doesn't like how the investigation is going. You know its funny that all of his findings ended up at the NYT's office, but, he doesn't wish to cooperate with AU anymore due to lack of trust (based on his comments that I've read). Why didn't this information end up at The B'Ham News or Columbus Ledger-Enquirer (GA) or even at Finebaum's desk? I do not have any problems with his complaint, :puke: just how it has been presented...It opened a "big ol' can o' worms!"

What really gripes me is that Petee curtailed DR and IS considerably in 2005 after Gundlach confronted him. The items under review--as far as I can determine are from earlier years, SO WTF?!!

On the whole, I am happy with the way Auburn has handled it - the administration AND the fans. At first I was a little worried, but I am no longer concerned. I can even laugh at some of the stuff out there on the net.

I think this is being handled well. Let's do an investigation and see if the NYT reports that NOTHING was found to be out of order. I am certain that will be a front page article!

250633[/snapback]

250651[/snapback]

250654[/snapback]

:football: It just seems fair that if Gundlach wants to see the results that he wants to see, the least he could do would be to cooperate, even if he doesn't like how the investigation is going. You know its funny that all of his findings ended up at the NYT's office, but, he doesn't wish to cooperate with AU anymore due to lack of trust (based on his comments that I've read). Why didn't this information end up at The B'Ham News or Columbus Ledger-Enquirer (GA) or even at Finebaum's desk? I do not have any problems with his complaint, :puke: just how it has been presented...It opened a "big ol' can o' worms!"

250666[/snapback]

he owes the Auburn nation and especially graduates an apology.

I take it personally. Nothing wrong with the complaint or wanting it fixed

but his method was wrong.

I think this is being handled well. Let's do an investigation and see if the NYT reports that NOTHING was found to be out of order. I am certain that will be a front page article!

250698[/snapback]

It will get printed in that 3 inch area that they are lopping off.

In a world gone mad with political correctness, I understand the need to do the ole dog and pony show, but wouldn't it be better if we just had a press conference where Richardson gave the NYT a huge "FO", then held up 5 fingers then walked off.

Archived