Needed: A good comeback line

boddatiger99

Ok, a little help here. I have two buddies of mine over here in north Georgia, one a UGA dawg fan, the other a Bammer, and they are relentlessly still dogging me over AUburn's "scandal". They think it's funny to ask me every week, "Hey, didn't you major in sociology?" I always laugh it off and usually play along with a "no, no, remember, I minored in Sociology" (I didn't). It doesn't bother me, but what would be cool is if I once came back with cool slam. Any suggestions?

Thanks...War Eagle...just a few weeks away from kickoff! :au::sec::au:

ask them which is greater 31-30 for :uga:

and 28-18 for uat.

The uat guy will have trouble with this one because there

will be many "what ifs". So help him out and just hold up 4 fingers.

Otherwise silence will bother them more than anything.

UGAY has had at least two academic scandals involving their athletes. They had the Jim Harrick Jr. scandal involving their basketball players. Some of the other posters have already mentioned that. They also had an academic scandal involving their football team back in the 1980's. Here is the link to the academic scandal involving the UGAY football team back in the 1980's.

http://espn.go.com/ncaa/s/2003/1006/1632219.html

On top of Logan Young paying him 150k, Lynn Lang claims that Albert Means cheated on his ACT test to get into school at Bammer. This might be something you can tell the Bammer.

Here is the link.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/sports...4612892,00.html

Getting someone to take Means's ACT was simple.

"We had a student get a slip stamped by a counselor at Trezevant, and he went to West Memphis and took the test," Lang said. "That's how we did that. That was easy."

Lang said the student - Trezevant Class of 1998 product and former Golden Bear running back Carl Cunningham - was paid, "about $30" to do it. He added it was necessary because it took Means 15 attempts to pass the TCAP.

Lang said the student - Trezevant Class of 1998 product and former Golden Bear running back Carl Cunningham - was paid, "about $30" to do it.

This part never made sense to me. $30???? They are willing to pay 150k for a substandard defensive lineman but are gonna skimp on what they pay someone who has to take the ACT for him. Doesn't add up in my book.

But forget all that and use it anyway. Most bammers aren't bright enough to think through it.

They had the Jim Harrick Jr. scandal involving a single basketball player

I fixed that for you.

Amazing how the legend of Harrick grows.

One player got an A and the way I still hear it....the entire team got one and were given 10k in cash.

I fixed that for you.

One player got an A and the way I still hear it....the entire team got one and were given 10k in cash.

The joys of the internet and rabid fan bases. A story comes out mentioning a small case where an athlete or two maybe possibly got something easy and suddenly the entire school and athletic departments are corrupt and in need of being shutdown by the NCAA, SACS, or whoever.

I also find it amusing how when a problem comes up at school A, school B makes a huge deal out of it, and when something happens at school B, school B thinks it's no big deal and doesn't understand why school A is lauding it over them.

Look, if it happens again, just do the following:

1) Pull out a vial of pepper spray.

2) Shoot liberal amounts into their eyes and nose.

3) As they double over in agony, kick them in the testicles.

I normally don't countenance violence. But any Alabama or Georgia fan having the nerve to diss our academics deserves nothing less.

I fixed that for you.

According to this story I found on ESPN.com. three UGAY basaketball players received As in Jim Harrick Jrs class. There is only about 12 or 13 players on a basketball team. That means about 25% of UGAY basketball players received free grades from Jim Harrick Jr. If you combine the Jim Harrick case of academic fraud with the Jan Kemp case of academic fraud at UGAY, I dont think UGAY fans have much room to talk about Auburn.

Here is the link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=1750279

Coach gave every student an AAssociated Press

ATHENS, Ga. -- Talk about a slam dunk.

Most college students dream of getting a final exam with questions such as: How many points is a 3-pointer worth?

SportsNation: Take the Test!

Could you pass Jim Harrick Jr.'s Coaching Principles and Strategies of Basketball class? Take the test to find out!

That was among the questions on basic basketball knowledge on the final exam -- and only test -- in Georgia assistant basketball coach Jim Harrick Jr.'s Coaching Principles and Strategies of Basketball class in 2001.

The 20-question test and transcripts of interviews with some of the students in Harrick's class were among 1,500 pages of documents released Wednesday by the university in its response to the NCAA about rules violations in the basketball program.

The university agreed with the NCAA's findings, which included violations of academic fraud and improper benefits.

Harrick's father, Jim Sr., was suspended, then resigned as coach. The younger Harrick lost his job as an assistant, and the school kept the team out of the Southeastern Conference and NCAA tournaments.

The NCAA concluded Harrick Jr. "fraudulently awarded grades of A to three men's basketball student-athletes" enrolled in the course he taught in 2001, allowing them to miss class and tests. Harrick Jr. also allegedly provided an extra benefit to student athletes by the manner in which he conducted the course, the NCAA found.

An attorney for the Harricks said Wednesday that Harrick Jr. would not comment. A federal lawsuit filed last week accuses university officials and others of defamation.

The names of Harrick's students who were interviewed were blacked out in the papers.

All the students in the class were given an A grade, according to the documents.

On top of Logan Young paying him 150k, Lynn Lang claims that Albert Means cheated on his ACT test to get into school at Bammer. This might be something you can tell the Bammer.

Here is the link.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/sports...4612892,00.html

Getting someone to take Means's ACT was simple.

"We had a student get a slip stamped by a counselor at Trezevant, and he went to West Memphis and took the test," Lang said. "That's how we did that. That was easy."

Lang said the student - Trezevant Class of 1998 product and former Golden Bear running back Carl Cunningham - was paid, "about $30" to do it. He added it was necessary because it took Means 15 attempts to pass the TCAP.

^^^^^

Award winner for worlds worst smack talker...ever. Yes yes when they ask whether or not you were a sociology major, please bring up something that happened 7 years ago and requires a good bit of wording to explain it. (thats what makes the best comebacks:detailed explanations)...and if your 3 minute explanation/dig doesnt get them...please feel free to reference an internet article that will better explain it.

To steal a movie line: "thats why the call it a quip...not a slooooope"

I fixed that for you.

After the Harrick story broke a few years ago.

I heard this joke.

If you drive through Athens with your car windows rolled down..Jim Harrick will throw a degree in your car.

According to this story I found on ESPN.com. three UGAY basaketball players received As in Jim Harrick Jrs class. There is only about 12 or 13 players on a basketball team. That means about 25% of UGAY basketball players received free grades from Jim Harrick Jr. If you combine the Jim Harrick case of academic fraud with the Jan Kemp case of academic fraud at UGAY, I dont think UGAY fans have much room to talk about Auburn.

Here is the link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=1750279

Coach gave every student an AAssociated Press

ATHENS, Ga. -- Talk about a slam dunk.

Most college students dream of getting a final exam with questions such as: How many points is a 3-pointer worth?

SportsNation: Take the Test!

Could you pass Jim Harrick Jr.'s Coaching Principles and Strategies of Basketball class? Take the test to find out!

That was among the questions on basic basketball knowledge on the final exam -- and only test -- in Georgia assistant basketball coach Jim Harrick Jr.'s Coaching Principles and Strategies of Basketball class in 2001.

The 20-question test and transcripts of interviews with some of the students in Harrick's class were among 1,500 pages of documents released Wednesday by the university in its response to the NCAA about rules violations in the basketball program.

The university agreed with the NCAA's findings, which included violations of academic fraud and improper benefits.

Harrick's father, Jim Sr., was suspended, then resigned as coach. The younger Harrick lost his job as an assistant, and the school kept the team out of the Southeastern Conference and NCAA tournaments.

The NCAA concluded Harrick Jr. "fraudulently awarded grades of A to three men's basketball student-athletes" enrolled in the course he taught in 2001, allowing them to miss class and tests. Harrick Jr. also allegedly provided an extra benefit to student athletes by the manner in which he conducted the course, the NCAA found.

An attorney for the Harricks said Wednesday that Harrick Jr. would not comment. A federal lawsuit filed last week accuses university officials and others of defamation.

The names of Harrick's students who were interviewed were blacked out in the papers.

All the students in the class were given an A grade, according to the documents.

Right. There were numerous kids that took the easy class but they showed up and went to class and took the easy, easy test. As this board as stated countless times since the AU NYT thing...there are joke classes.

The actual scandal like the link you mentioned has since wiltered down to just Tony Cole recieving an A.

The other players attended class.

The article was written in 2004. It has since been proven by UGA/NCAA that just Cole was involved in Harrick's crap. It is the reason why UGA got BACK their scholorships when they appealed to the NCAA this year.

Vince Dooley, an AU man, has since said he would NOT have pulled UGA's basketball team out of the NCAA tournament if he had known that all they would find is what they found for Cole.

BTW, you say UGA fans have no room to talk to AU about fraud/penalties/ext....where the hell are UGA fans doing that? Are you saying that for some sort of effect or something?

Archived