2006 CFN SEC Preview

SupperClub

We're selected #1, but who did they choose to tie for #4 in the West? See for yourself by clicking here:

Link

Here's what they said about Auburn:

1. Auburn

Predicted record: 11-1 Conf. record: 7-1

Best Player: RB Kenny Irons, Sr.

Offense - The offense averaged 32.3 points per game last year, but it wasn't consistent and ended on a sour note coming up with a surprising stinker against Wisconsin in the Capital One Bowl. Despite the loss of top tackles Marcus McNeill and Troy Reddick along with the top three receivers and starting tight end Cooper Wallace, expect things to be even better. QB Brandon Cox knows what he's doing, Kenny Irons leads a deep and talented backfield, and there's more than enough explosion to go around among the receivers. The problem is inexperience in the receiving corps and depth on the offensive line, but neither should be a issue unless there's a big injury problem early on.

Defense - If you liked last year's Auburn defense, you'll enjoy more of the same. The key move is the position switch of star safety Will Herring to linebacker, but there are players to fill in on the weakside if the experiment doesn't work out. The D is stronger on the outside than the middle with tremendous tackling corners David Irons and Jonathan Wilhite returning, and defensive ends Marquies Gunn and Quentin Groves sure to be among the league's best pass rushers. There's not a lot of size in the linebacking corps, but that's by design going with smaller, more athletic players. There could be big problems if there are any early injuries at tackle.

This season will be a success if … Auburn wins the SEC title. That would make it an extremely impressive two in three years. It's not every season you get so many big conference games at home and the Tigers must take advantage.

it's a good thing we don't have to play any games this season, it's already written in stone right?

btw Ole Miss and Aubarn are still neck and neck in the sec football championship department.

it's a good thing we don't have to play any games this season, it's already written in stone right?

btw Ole Miss and Aubarn are still neck and neck in the sec football championship department.

Jealousy, Thy name is uat. :lol::lol::lol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

I fully realize that this is a preseason publication and the games have to be played out, but I thought it was funny to see that even the national media was starting to see what GalensGhost has been preaching for months.

Q: What's the difference between Auburn and Alabama highlight films?

A: Alabama's are in black and white.

Q: What's the difference between Auburn and Alabama highlight films?

A: Alabama's are in black and white.

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

Classic

I don't agree with Arky being tied for 2nd in the West and winning 9 games...I just don't see that happening. The last two years we have seen what Nutt and the Hog program looks like without Matt jones and it is ugly. I laughed when I saw Bama tied with Ole Miss at 4th but I don't see that happening either, the Rebs were terrible this past year and I don't see much improvement now. If Bama goes 7-5, something went wrong and the Bammers willl howl.

What does that say about a program that can't beat Auburn?

CFN has no idea. They also picked AU #1 in 03.

:au: was #1 in '03....In this STATE anyway. :lol::lol::lol::poke:

Archived