Brandon makes promise

TigerOne

AUBURN — Brandon Cox wants to make one thing clear: He'll never put Auburn fans through a Georgia Tech-style game again.

No more four-interception games.

No more five consecutive turnover games.

No more freshman-type mistakes.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/s...60825/cox.shtml

Brandon was asked to do too much in that game. We should have run more and thrown safer passes in the 2nd half. IMO, play calling was as much to blame as anything else. I could sense GT's defense getting tired; I think Lester or Smith (or Irons) could have won the game in the 2nd half.

Brandon could be VERY scary this year and next!! (for the opponents that is!)

I agree, he had a heck of a burden on his shoulders that first game. Also, if memory serves me right, one or two of those INTs weren't entirely his fault. One of the best things about this article though, IMO, is that it shows he is really a heck of a leader standing up, accepting the responsiblilty squarely on his shoulders, and moving forward. I think he'll be quite the stud QB this year.

Personally I credit that Georgia Tech game as being one of the main points in Cox maturing throughout the season. I think he got more out of that game than if we would have won it. With youth a loss is sometimes a good thing.

I think that Brandon is going to have a huge season! Its good for a player to remember how it felt to have such a bad game to motivate them to never let it happen again

Not his fault...I'd rather hear Borges promise to never force a AU QB into 44 passes while abandoning the running game (which had started gaining 10 yards a clip in the 3rd) and only having 19 rushing attempts! <_<

Personally I credit that Georgia Tech game as being one of the main points in Cox maturing throughout the season. I think he got more out of that game than if we would have won it. With youth a loss is sometimes a good thing.

True, not that you want them, but that loss came at the best time, hopefully we can say the same

about Wisconsin. A great coaching staff like Auburn's will take a loss and turn into positive results.

I was glad to see Brandon address this game as I'm sure he hates to remember it but uses it as

motivation to do better :cheer:

boy did I make a mistake for posting this one. I thought it was an encouraging

and positive article about our( :au: ) quarterback. I still do.

I'm opening this thread up for another shot. Anyone who wishes to rehash the line of bickering that PChamp inaugurated need not apply. Such posts will be deleted immediately. Feel free to discuss other aspects of the article, which was a good one, IMO.

Archived