Are you ready?

bubivey

This was sent to me from a retired elementary school PE coach. She is an Auburn graduate and an avid Auburn fan. She coached both of my sons at elementary school. Great Auburn Gal !!

Enjoy and War Eagle!!

Let's Tee it up!!

Are you ready?

At this very moment, Jordan Hare stadium is deserted. The 87,451 seats stand

empty. The smell of fresh cut grass lingers in the air. The aroma of

Bourbon has long since faded. No fans are climbing to their seats in

the upper deck. No vendors are selling cokes and peanuts. No kids are

running around picking up discarded souvenir cups and shakers. It is the calm

before the storm.

But as we sit in our cubicles, on our couches or in our cars, something

is building in Jordan Hare stadium. The ground crew can feel it every time

they walk through the empty gates. It is the hopes, dreams and

expectations of 87,451 empty seats. 87,451 ordinary people that may very well take

part in something really special this year. In the month leading up to the

most anticipated Auburn football season since 2003, this quiet fury has been

building in Auburn. It will grow to an almost unbearable swell and

culminate when Tiger soars through the stadium to the yell of

WAAAAAAARRRR EAGLE and the smoke starts to rise out the tunnel.

On September 2nd, when Washington State comes to the plains, they will

be walking into the tiger's den. The fury will envelop their players and

fans and they will get a little taste of what football really is. It's not

just a game. It's a storm that lives in us, a passion that is undeniable and

truly awesome. It grows closer every day and if you listen close, you

can hear it rumbling in the distance.

The storm is coming? Are you ready?

I am ready!

For some reason I am more excited about this season than I have been for the past three. I have a good feeling about this team and the coaching staff. It's going to be a good year.

WAR EAGLE!!!!

I turned my airconditioner down to 60* to try to get the feel of the "NIP" in the air!

It has been 90+ forever here in Albany. I am so ready for the Nip to arrive. I will have a house full Saturday night. We will be hollering loud enough for the neighbors to either join us or start looking for another address for football season.

I will keep everyone that is traveling in my travel mercy prayers over the weekend. May God protect you all.

War Eagle!

Glory to God.

Psalm 27:1

Time to load the WEAGLE Wagon and head to the Plains on Friday

I'm trying to pace myself, work was over like yesterday.

I think my heart skips a beat every time I think about the season, the game, college football beginning, etc, etc. I love that nervous feeling, that twitch in your arms and legs, and the butterflies that fill your stomach with anticipation and excitement. I am ready, aren't we all?! WAR EAGLE!! :au:

I caught myself pacing back and forth last night, while running my CNC Machines...........GD I'm Ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone here isn't going to the game and are watching it somewhere...................You'll hear me, I'm usually one of the first ones to Yell. Or, I just Yell when the Stadium's quiet, scaring Everyone around me :) . So, with that said............War "BY GOD" Eagle

The things that's killing me now is I am in a "Friday routine" due to taking vacation tomorrow. Then I keep remembering I have to wait 2 days, not 1 for the game - it's KILLING me!!!

Reading that first post gave me chills! WDE!!!

Ready for what? Is it footbal season already. Man, it seems like last season just got over with. :P

HELL YES I'M READY!!!! I've been doing up-downs and a six-pack of Miller a night just to get ready :cheer:

I'm NOT ready!!! I've been waiting so long but haven't really prepared. I have so much to do before the tailgate. I have no money. I am so ready for this game...but not for gameday.

I will get the feeling when I arrive in Auburn on September 16th. It has been a couple years since I was in Auburn so the feeling is a little subdued right now. It will come back though. I want to see a good beatdown on Saturday then I think I will get more pumped for the season.

If any AU person can read the little retired lady's note in item 1 above without getting chill bumps ... better check their pulse ... they might be dead.

WAR EAGLE!!!

Archived