AU getting hype

LSUTIGERS

living here in Louisiana, you always hear LSU fans talking about Auburn and about AU getting all the hype their getting...so out of curiosity, in your opinion, do you think AU will live up to the hype AU is getting?

and how did they look in the game against WSU? any injuries?

:lsu:

living here in Louisiana, you always hear LSU fans talking about Auburn and about AU getting all the hype their getting...so out of curiosity, in your opinion, do you think AU will live up to the hype AU is getting?

No injuries, only 3 penalties, scored on 8 possessions, missed a field goal on another. 40-14, two blown assignments on long touchdown passes, aside from that - injury-free. Solid 'B' effort.

They didn't play like a #4 team yesterday, but I didn't see one game yesterday that showcased any team that looked like a top 10 team except Tennessee. We have work to do on the secondary, but as long as we can keep the big pass plays under control, we should be good.

I agree that UT was the best team I saw on Saturday.

Auburn looked really good. I have been to every game except one for the last 4 seasons. IMHO this was the best I have seen an AU team look in a season opener.

Who knows about living up to hype? All I know is we are going to have a freakin' fun season this year.

I don't care if we live up to they hype. I just want us to go undefeated. :lol:

We looked like a Top 10 team. There are things we need to work on of course, but what team doesn't after teh first game. Stat Tiger made a good point that we were 3-12 on first downs, but yet we put 40 on the board. I was not expecting us to put that much on the board.

Like it was said, UT was he only team th played above what was expected yesterday. Even though Cal was ranked #9, DKW and I were talking and wondering if maybe Cal is overrated. If so, that makes it harder to compare how they will do against the top SEC teams. Regardless, we did agree that the UT team looks like the UT of old an not that disaster that took the field last year.

I think Au came out of the game great! Yes there is a lot to improve on and they still blew out Wazzu! Auburn is good enough for any hype they get! I cant wait to see AU play a perfect game. I dont think the nation is ready to see it!

I think Au came out of the game great! Yes there is a lot to improve on and they still blew out Wazzu! Auburn is good enough for any hype they get! I cant wait to see AU play a perfect game. I dont think the nation is ready to see it!

lets not bust out the national championship trophy just yet. :P

yes, you guys looked great against WSU but remember, opening games are meant to be won. personally i never show a great deal of optimism towards opening games. you can never really judge alot on them, imho. but i'm pretty sure :au: has alot of kids coming back that were there last year, so yall should have a pretty good run this year.....but you never know. really i wish :ua: could have a run like we did last year, but i really don't see it happening with all the rebuilding on the team. hopefully i'm wrong, but unless there are some pretty big surprises, i don't really see us making top 10 :(

yes, you guys looked great against WSU but remember, opening games are meant to be won. personally i never show a great deal of optimism towards opening games. you can never really judge alot on them, imho. but i'm pretty sure :au: has alot of kids coming back that were there last year, so yall should have a pretty good run this year.....but you never know. really i wish :ua: could have a run like we did last year, but i really don't see it happening with all the rebuilding on the team. hopefully i'm wrong, but unless there are some pretty big surprises, i don't really see us making top 10 :(

I said nothing of a MNT I said Auburn was good enough to recieve any hype that they are given how can you disagree!!!, Auburn played terrible on Offence during the first half and still scored 4 times so if they improve on that with touchdowns!........... By the way Washington St wasn't driving. passing in the redzone to tie it up with one minute left like some other game in the state!

Truth, we still have to get by :lsu: without TWO starting LBs.

I think/hope we will play one game at a time and see what happens. But having to play a very goof :lsu: shorthanded is not a good thing. Comeback and talk to us after that game and we wil have a much better idea.

I believe it will take everythig Auburn has for every game to win the SEC this year. They will improve with every game, but they must show up every game without exception. Inexperience is easily replaced with heart, and it's in the heart that champions are made.

Like it was said, UT was he only team th played above what was expected yesterday.

I would agree with you on this one; but looking at the real hype and headlines yesterday, they were all about how USC hasn't dropped one iota in racking up 50 on Arkansas, and how the next Heisman Trophy Winner was so fantastic in the comeback against mighty GT.

I am hearing that Blackmon and sears will play in the LSU game. I know that neither of them will play at Miss ST. The LSU game this year will be huge. With Ohio ST and Texas playing Saturday night we could be looking at a collision course of two top five teams. Can you say GAMEDAY. Nessler, Herbstreet, Corso. How's that for hype?

I am looking very foward to the "TIGERS CLASH". I was in Baton Rouge last year. I am looking for a little revenge. This will be Auburn's biggest hill to climb. The way I see it is if we beat LSU the nation better watch out. :poke:

Not that I am telling you anything that your coaches don't already know, but I would pass on Auburn to start the game, then pass a little more, then follow that up with a little more of the passing game and just for arguement's sake, pass a little more.

Auburn's two young safeties have to do some learning in a hurry if they want to win the SEC this year.

I really think the run defense will be spectacular this year, especially when Sears and Blackmon come back from their suspensions, so teams will have to move the ball through the air against them by week 3 or later IMO.

See, I would offer that Auburn looks like a decidedly Top 3 team based on this weekend's performance. Aside from Auburn, only USC, Tennessee, Texas, and Ohio State looked like polished teams. The rest of the teams looked as if they had glaring weaknesses.

It's almost IMPOSSIBLE to go undefeated in this league. Getting by LS_Who is always a formidable task...they are good every year, and there's very little difference between them and us every year. So that game will be pivotal.... Huge game.

:au::homer:

See, I would offer that Auburn looks like a decidedly Top 3 team based on this weekend's performance. Aside from Auburn, only USC, Tennessee, Texas, and Ohio State looked like polished teams. The rest of the teams looked as if they had glaring weaknesses.

Just curious...... although LSU did play the Louisiana School for the Deaf and Blind, what were our "glaring weaknesses"???? or are you not counting LSU because of the weak opponent??

Just curious...... although LSU did play the Louisiana School for the Deaf and Blind, what were our "glaring weaknesses"???? or are you not counting LSU because of the weak opponent??

For the record, I think LSU is a top-5 team. I'd take LSU over Ohio State, Notre Dame, Florida, and West Virginia today.

Personally, I didn't see LSU play (except for a few vid clips here and there). Most people were talking about how good Russel looked. He has scary potential... can throw the ball anywhere on the field... like a guy who can hit three pointers from 6 feet behind the line.

How good is LSU's OL and DL? That is my biggest question. Can the stop the run? Can they get to the QB?

I doubt very seriously we will se anything but vanilla football until LSU comes to town from either team.

No knock on LSU. But it's very difficult to discern whether you're the real deal based on your opponent. The teams I mentioned above showed more polished performance, although perhaps Texas needs to be scrutinized more.

No knock on LSU. But it's very difficult to discern whether you're the real deal based on your opponent. The teams I mentioned above showed more polished performance, although perhaps Texas needs to be scrutinized more.

yeah thats what I didn't understand.....you gave Texas credit for beating a BAD North Texas team but gave LSU no credit at all. Therefore I figured you were throwing them into the "glaring weaknesses" category.

Personally, I didn't see LSU play (except for a few vid clips here and there). Most people were talking about how good Russel looked. He has scary potential... can throw the ball anywhere on the field... like a guy who can hit three pointers from 6 feet behind the line.

How good is LSU's OL and DL? That is my biggest question. Can the stop the run? Can they get to the QB?

I doubt very seriously we will se anything but vanilla football until LSU comes to town from either team.

Yes Russell looked FANTASTIC.... was 13-17 250yds 3 TDs.....he DIDN'T have a INT. ESPN's ticker all day yesterday showed him having an INT, which was not correct.

LSU's D played really well, ULL only threatened to score twice, both on muffed punt returns that gave them the ball in scoring position! Obvioulsy only got a FG out of it.

LSU's OL still needs to gel some, had a little trouble running the ball early, but got better as the game went on. A lot of that had to do with them stacking the line daring JR to throw the ball......they learned QUICK that wasn't the best strategy!

ULL ran the ball 35 times for 113yds and threw for 63 yds. They run that gimic Urban Meyer type offense and it seemed we had a little trouble at times by missing assignments.....but as you can see by the score and the yardage, it was just a play here and there that they did anything at all.

In other LSU news Ryan Perrilloux saw his first action.....and on his first play as a Tiger, tripped over the centers feet and fell straight on his face :roflol::roflol: ... it was rather humorous!! Very similar to Eli falling in 2003 in the LSU/Ole Miss game if anyone saw that.

I am hearing that Blackmon and sears will play in the LSU game. I know that neither of them will play at Miss ST.

I'm not judging whether they should or shouldn't play, but here's a hypothetical. Which would really be the better option against LSU:

Playing Blackmon and/or Sears when it would be their first game of the season and they might come out a little rusty, or playing Karibe and Merrill who will have two games under their belt? Karibe in particular looked pretty good Saturday.

Of course, it would be nice to have all four available, but even so, who would you start?

yes, you guys looked great against WSU but remember, opening games are meant to be won.

Close to 50% of teams lose their opening game.

Archived