Notre Dame

aubrandon

Do you guys think that Notre Dame is overrated and over hyped as usual? I personally think that they are very overrated. They will loose at least two games this year probally three. I am soooooo sick of hearing Notre Dame this or Notre Dame that. Hopefully Joe Pa will put them in their place Sat.

On Saturday night, I don't think they looked like the #3 team in the nation. We will see if they get any better. If I were to make a bet today, I would bet that SoCal would beat ND like a red headed step child.

Hmmmmm...have I mentioned today that I HATE Notre (Children of the) Damed.....? :)

They're almost ALWAYS over-hyped. Last year they beat 3 teams with a winning record during the regular season...and that VAULTED them into this year's top 5. Ridiculous!!!

:au::homer:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=124113

I am so tired of Notre Dame, the media frickin' loves em. You kow that if we make a run @ the Natl Championship game and its between us and Notre Dame-Notre dame will get picked, even if it is the BCS. I hate them, i hate them, i hate them. I will be so happy when PSU beats em this saturday.

ND is always over-hyped. I watched the replay of the ND v Ga Tech game Sunday morning, and ND did not look good at all. I told my father-in-law (who loves Tech) if Gailey or Galey would have kept the headset off and let Nix call the game, Tech should have easily scored 21+! ND did not look like a number 2 or 3 team in the nation. I am sorry to offend all the ND's but they didn't do what they were supposed to do as far as winning, looking good winning, and winning margin. All the others in the top 5 did what they were supposed to do in their openers. AU did what they needed to do, but we still need some work in rush defense, with our young receivers, and develop the linebackers some more. But yet, we still won by 26.

War Eagle! :au:

I'm not a ND hater, but I'm sick of all the love they're getting. And they looked far from the #2 team in the country this weekend. GT is a tough opponent and all, but they are still unranked.

I'm not a ND hater, but I'm sick of all the love they're getting. And they looked far from the #2 team in the country this weekend. GT is a tough opponent and all, but they are still unranked.

I am...I hate them with a purple passion!!! PURPLE...I tell you!!!! :moon:

You guys are missing something vital. AUBURN is propping up ND's SOS. Here is the logic used by the media. Last year GT beat AU in opening game. This year AU is the #4 team in the nation (possibly better). This year ND beat GT therefore ND is better than AU. :)

I don't like ND but be careful in puting them down to much at this point. Remember we lost two openers to GT. At least ND beat them.......in Atlanta.

I don't like ND but be careful in puting them down to much at this point. Remember we lost two openers to GT. At least ND beat them.......in Atlanta.

Yes but we were starting a very inexperience QB and playing Nall ball. ND on the other hand was starting the greatest QB much less player in the NCAA according to the Heisman hype we have been seeing and one of the greatest coaches.

Yes but we were starting a very inexperience QB and playing Nall ball. ND on the other hand was starting the greatest QB much less player in the NCAA according to the Heisman hype we have been seeing and one of the greatest coaches.

Yes but....we were favored to win.

We were playing Borges ball last year.

2 years ago it was nall ball and last year it was inexperienced QB.

Also it doesn't matter who is "favored" to win. Especailly on the first game of the year against a good team. Ask California.

if anything...it's the obvious ignoring of notre dame's problems that gets me.

the media in general....and mostly espn....seems to have the urge/sense to pick a "greatest team ever" every year...oklahoma, usc (do y'all recall the 10 part special they did before the rose bowl where espn picked great, historic teams...and said usc would beat all of them) and this year it's notre dame.

as mentioned before...notre dame beat a combined 2 teams with winning records:

meechegan with it's powerful 7-5 and navy who went 8-5 (not to pick on navy...but, they don't play the strongest schedule in the world)

other fun facts that the media chose to ignore:

notre dame had the 103rd best pass defense in the country...the 75th best defese (396 ypg)...and

my personal favorite...

they were coming off a fiesta bowl game where they gave up 617 yards. the most in school history.

but...they're notre dame, charlie weiss won some superbowls, brady quinn is an attractive young man, and notre dame has been in the crapper as of late and it's "their time."

+ they'll be on your television every saturday so everyone can see.

last thing that might shock you...

notre dame hasn't won a bowl game since 1994.

they'll lose 2 or 3 this year, hang around the top 10, and jump a more deserving team to play in a bcs bowl.. which they'll lose.

ND SU*KS! PERIOD....

They are a media darling extraordinaire.... While they did win the game, in Atlanta, they did NOT start a first year qb and a fairly inexperienced rb against GT. They started ALL WORLD players at EVERY position.... JMHO....

2 years ago it was nall ball and last year it was inexperienced QB.

Also it doesn't matter who is "favored" to win. Especailly on the first game of the year against a good team. Ask California.

Not sure what your point is since Tenn. was favored by 2.

The problem (for Auburn) with Norte Dame is that with all of their hype, even if they lose a few, when USC beats them USC will get credit for a 'great' win against a tough, highly ranked Norte Dame team and leap to #1 or #2 (or at least pick up that many more votes).

Archived