Mustain Named starter@ Arky

jumbo

didnt you hear the commentary on ESPN? its on youtube, he said [about Mustains first drive (for a TD) ] that we could be witnessing the beggining of the Mustain era at Arkansas? Any one think this could a trap game for AU? with mustainj and McFadded? I dont know, they almost beat UGA last year.

just a thought, but i doubt it.....War eagle!

If even half of what I've read is true, then Arkansas is about to have problems. like in the example below from CFN:

4. First I kick, and then I kiss.

I always dog sideline reporters because of the goofy nature of their job, so it’s only fair to highlight when one does something right. Holly Rowe, who is the best in the business and would be doing NFL games if she had the breasts of Erin Andrews, was right on top of it late in the USC – Arkansas game when she described how now-backup Hog quarterbacks Robert Johnson and Casey Dick snubbed super-frosh Mitch Mustain by failing to congratulate him after a touchdown or console him after an interception. Kudos to the ESPN director who then cut over to the USC sideline and showing quarterbacks John David Booty and Mark Sanchez, who were involved in a battle all off-season for the starting job, laughing and exchanging hi-fives

and other stuff around the inet, it sounds like they are getting ready to have some chemistry problems, and I'm not talking about homework for chem 101 or whatever.

I may be reading too much into it, but it will be interesting to see what happens, like does the o-line actually block for the guy (seems like I remember people saying stuff about that with Zow v. Watts @ QB or whoever it was at Bama, whether or not it was true).

Mustain

I guess Nutt is trying to save his job! Ti Major you were right I guess he wont redshirt!

Yeah this is Nutt trying to save his can big time, this is a popular fan move. Did anyone watching the game hear the roar of the crowd after the little 7 yard out pattern he threw? Sounded like they just won the ball game. Mustain may in fact be a good QB but I am not sure this high school offense will work against the big competition. It work against a bunch of second and third string USC D players on one drive which should be enough to get you past a D-1AA school, unless your colorado of course.

Guest Tigrinum Major

It work against a bunch of second and third string USC D players on one drive which should be enough to get you past a D-1AA school, unless your colorado of course.

Or Duke.

Personally, I think Arkansas faces huge problems on offense this year. Otherwise, they would have kept Mustain on the bench. This is a desperation gambit and everybody knows it.

Actually, we already faced down one very polished offense in Washington State. When last year's #3 ranked receiver only gets 15 yards in the night, you know you're starting your D out on the right foot.

I read this as already some feeling of desparation from Nutt in hogland. If he goes out after this season it won't be because he didn't play Mustain.

How many true freshman QB's that started in their freshman year, really performed like people thought they would? For every one that really performed there are probably 10 that did not. It is such a big transition from HS to college. I don't care if it is the offense he ran in HS. The defensive players are faster and bigger and the coaches are definety smarter in disguising defenses.

Archived