Why is CTT catching flack?

Bluemound Freak

Why is CTT catching flack about the NCAA Rules changes regarding the length of games? Was he the only coach that was on that commitee? Can someone help me out here.............what am I missing? :no:

I've seen snippets about offensive coordinators not liking that they don't have as much time as they once did. Sounds like to me somebody didn't take note of the rule changes and how they might be implemented. CTT isn't the only coach on that committee.

the coaches voted to do it, not sure who or how many but they can change it next year if it doesn't work.

If tv would eliminate just 2-3 commercial spots it would be better.

Nah, that is a good idea but it wasn't what they were thinking of when they implemented the rule. That would just give the players less breathers. This rule meant to take more wear and tear off of the player's bodies by cutting back on some plays. I think the twelve game season was why it was put in but it hasn't been very successful so far. Here is good article about the whole thing and it mentions Tuberville's involvement. Read the one with heading "Soapbox moment".

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/stor...mp;lid=tab5pos3

I heard the guys on JOX talking about offensive coordinators around the country were riding CTT about the new rule.........I was just unsure why he was the only coach that was being talked about and there was no mention of any of the other coaches who were on the commitee?

I have a good idea why the JOX boys were riding our man.........because he is not CMS!

Admittedly, I read mostly about Auburn football but the only OC I've heard comment on the rules was Coach Borges. I don't think he mentioned CTT's involvement when he was talking about it though.

the coaches voted to do it, not sure who or how many but they can change it next year if it doesn't work.

Or just do like soccer does and put the sponsers up in the corners by the scoreboard. That would cut off a ton of time.

If most people are like me, they start switching to the other games to check the scores during commericals and don't see them anyway. Or fast forward through them on Tivo if I taped the game while I was at it.

Archived