Sagarin

eibua12

To see that his poll is just wrong why is a one win (against a poor Arkansas) USC #1 ahead of Ohio State who just demolished last years champ and #2 at the time they played?

The fact that he has LSU ranked over us shouldn't rile you up, but the SOS he has for the teams should. USC, ND, and UT all have hard schedules according to this guy, while SEC teams have it easy. Why can't someone see this blatently obvious bias and do something about it?

The fact that he has LSU ranked over us shouldn't rile you up, but the SOS he has for the teams should. USC, ND, and UT all have hard schedules according to this guy, while SEC teams have it easy. Why can't someone see this blatently obvious bias and do something about it?

I am not riled up I think I have given up on polls this year as I am going to sit back and enjoy some Football and not worry about Jan now.

I just want to know how this stuff is compiled. USC SOS is 34 so the quality of the opp and location taken into account drops Arky's ranking 52 down to 34 for USC. Are you kidding me!

Are there any stats on how Sagarin's or any computer poll ended compared to it's first normalized poll (usualy about week 3-4 I think).

Well if the BCS came out today here is how Sagarin's top 10 would look

1. USC

2. Uhio State

3. Notre Dame

4. Oklahoma

5. Georgia

6. Tennessee

7. LSU

8. Pittsburgh

9. Virgnia Tech

10. Oregon

15. Auburn

Currently in the Elo-Chess the one that counts for Sagarins BCS vote we are currently 15.

Maybe someone can explain what they base these "unbiased computer polls" on, besides strength of schedule and win/loss record.

If thats all they based it on, how could their be a preseason poll ... and how could their be any distinction between teams with an identicle record?

An identical record- with nearly identical statistics.

Maybe that is what gave us the edge- we are higher in many statistical catagories at this point in time compared to Auburn if you go check that out. Slightly, but things like we're 3rd total D compared to Auburn's 20-ish?

None of us should worry about this- we all know the winner on Saturday is in the driver's seat for the SEC and possibly the national title (if the media doesn't screw us (collective, not LSU) over like Auburn got it in '04- USC would be toting its sole shared national title).

IMO, this is how he manipulates the numbers. Look through and see who has the "strongest" SOS rankings. Pac10, Big 10, Big 12........SEC and Big East and others fall there after. It is my opinion that he manipulates the SOS rankings to get the top 5, 10 to come out how he wants it. His numbers are basically are based off of the SOS rankings. It is assinine for him to give AU, LSU, UGA, Tenn. low SOS rankings when we are all playing each other. THere are what 5 SEC teams in the AP top 13 :blink: Tenn. dropped to 17th in the Coaches poll. Funny how Tenn. drops about 5 spots squeking out a win over Air Force, but ND didn't drop at all squeking out a win over GT??? Sagarin is a Pac10/Big10 Anti SEC :homer: . That is all you need to know about him.

Archived