Game Day

aubrandon

LSU had the right idea when they won the national title in 2003. They printed bumper stickers that read

F USC. The PAC 10 and the BIG 12 are horrible. Each conference has only one good team. USC and Texas. Everyone else sucks.

Auburn vs LSU will help shape the national title race or like in 2004 The race has already been decided. :puke:

From what I've heard because of ABC and ESPN's affiliation with one another they will only be going to the ABC primetime game...for the gameday spots. Thats right SEC fans no more gameday because CBS shows our games...Gameday has gotten too powerful IMO anyways, they have way to much influence!!!

BTW Wincrimson my Signature is soooooo much better than yours :moon:

Look, it's all about money. Tuberville made his comments as part of a way to get the SEC to wakeup and become more of a player and well ESPN/ABC didn't like it. Personally, I wish all games were LFinancial/ pay per view or late night, because there’s nothing more frustrating than having the game come to a grinding halt after every change of possession for a TV Time out. Wait till this weekend. The Auburn/LSU game was seem to last forever and not because of the amount of football being played but the amount of TV Timeouts occurring.

Speaking of “players” in the tv market, one other aspect to consider is how the new conference networks are going to play into it. I believe the big10 has a network on the way and the SEC is talking about it. I’m sure CSTV will have their hand in it some ways, so it will all be pay per view, but that does water the market down a bit more.

Look, it's all about money. Tuberville made his comments as part of a way to get the SEC to wakeup and become more of a player and well ESPN/ABC didn't like it. Personally, I wish all games were LFinancial/ pay per view or late night, because there’s nothing more frustrating than having the game come to a grinding halt after every change of possession for a TV Time out. Wait till this weekend. The Auburn/LSU game was seem to last forever and not because of the amount of football being played but the amount of TV Timeouts occurring.

Speaking of “players” in the tv market, one other aspect to consider is how the new conference networks are going to play into it. I believe the big10 has a network on the way and the SEC is talking about it. I’m sure CSTV will have their hand in it some ways, so it will all be pay per view, but that does water the market down a bit more.

I certainly hope they arent all brodcast on LF Sports..cause I dont know about the rest of yall but down here in S. Florida the picture was terrible and the sound wasnt synced so I would get First Do...click ....Aub...click it was annoying I watched most of the game on the computer. As far as commercials even though I am growing (seems like more and more everyday) to loathe ESPN they are not all that bad with the commercials....CBS however is in a realm of its own. But at least with CBS and ESPN I can watch the games in HD and they are national rather than regional.

I noticed this weekend that the Vandy/Alabama game was on Fox Sports..I think thats the first time I've seen an SEC game on there...The coverage was pretty good I wouldnt mind watching an Auburn game or two on Fox Sports. As for Pay Per View ....Blackouts pose a problem, though I guess if all games were strictly pay per view there wouldnt be anything to blackout cause it wouldnt be shown regionally.

I personally don't care to have those idiots anywhere near Auburn..... contaminating the lovliest village on the plains with their ugliness and stupidity!

I certainly hope they arent all brodcast on LF Sports..

Dave, Dave and Dave = Lee Corso, Bob Davie and Granny.

I counted 3 mistakes by Dave #1 before our game even started.

I would rather bum a ride home from The Supper Club with Ted Kennedy than listen to these goobers.

I personally don't care to have those idiots anywhere near Auburn..... contaminating the lovliest village on the plains with their ugliness and stupidity!

HERE! HERE!

I could care less about anything these guys have to say or where Gameday broadcasts from. I stopped watching Gameday 2 years ago!! ESPN's Gameday is worthless!!

I do not post much but I do read alot of the posts on this great site and all of the regulars on here would do a much better job than those bozos!!

WDE!! :au:

IT's all about money....If OSU, ND, AU/LSU, even USC all win out....What is going to happen. Stuff is going to hit the fan by the two teams that get left out unless they truly use the +1 thing the right way and put the 4 undefeateds in those two games. I don't see all four staying undefeated, frankly USC probably is the only one with a relative cake walk, only having Nebraska and ND to really concern about.

Watching Sportscenter Sunday morning, watching the ticker at the bottom...Showed the OSU/Tex score then showed "game stats", then showed AU/MSU score, nothing, no game stats, then showed ND/PSU score, then showed Brady Quinn's stats, etc. You see the trend, it will be like this all year. Maybe just maybe if AU thumps the bengal tigahs, maybe AU might get a little air time, but doubtful as long as the darlings continue to win, we will be outside looking in all year!!!!!!!

Dude, you are nuts if you want all of Auburn's games on Lincoln Financial Sports! We are complaining about lack of national coverage now. Lincoln Financial/JP is like falling into a black hole. The three Dave's on Lincoln absolutely suck! I turn the volume down if we are forced to play on that crappy station. No more Dave's doing college football please!

Dude, you are nuts if you want all of Auburn's games on Lincoln Financial Sports! We are complaining about lack of national coverage now. Lincoln Financial/JP is like falling into a black hole. The three Dave's on Lincoln absolutely suck! I turn the volume down if we are forced to play on that crappy station. No more Dave's doing college football please!

Who the H*ll said they wanted all of Auburn's games on LF???????

I certainly hope they arent all brodcast on LF Sports..cause I dont know about the rest of yall but down here in S. Florida the picture was terrible and the sound wasnt synced so I would get First Do...click ....Aub...click it was annoying I watched most of the game on the computer. As far as commercials even though I am growing (seems like more and more everyday) to loathe ESPN they are not all that bad with the commercials....CBS however is in a realm of its own. But at least with CBS and ESPN I can watch the games in HD and they are national rather than regional.

I noticed this weekend that the Vandy/Alabama game was on Fox Sports..I think thats the first time I've seen an SEC game on there...The coverage was pretty good I wouldnt mind watching an Auburn game or two on Fox Sports. As for Pay Per View ....Blackouts pose a problem, though I guess if all games were strictly pay per view there wouldnt be anything to blackout cause it wouldnt be shown regionally.

Auburn played one game on FSN back in 1998 against Ole Miss.

Look, as long as the SEC has a contract with CBS, we will continue to be screwed. The major player at this time in college football is ABC, who happens to own espn. Pac10, Big 10, and Big 12 all have contracts with ABC. Now that Miami, V Tech, and BC are in the acc, watch for espn to put more of their games in the Saturday primetime slot. The way I see it, the sec is on the outside looking in. CTT spoke his mind and it was true. ABC/epsn did not like it and this is their way of showing who is the king of college football networks. Only time will tell what happens since FOX is getting the bcs contract. Fox network is probably getting ready to start showing good name teams in primetime but that may be 2 or more years down the road.

Does anyone know when the SEC/CBS contract is up? This could be a huge windfall for the SEC.

Well, for his part Herbstreet has said that he thought he would be in Auburn and that it wasn't his decision. The topic has come up in a few of the ESPN chats, so maybe whoever makes the decision will see they chose poorly this time.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=12878

Flash: Birmingham, AL: Kirk, why didn't the gameday crew go to Auburn this weekend. #3 vs. #6, no other match-up with that kind of billing, is there?

Kirk Herbstreit: (3:29 PM ET ) Absolutely not. That's a great question and I wish I had the answer for it. Chris, Lee and I don't make the decision on where we go. We get a call, typically on Sunday or Monday and they let us know where we're going. Rest assured that when the three of us left Austin, TX last week, that we were all assuming that we'd meet up again at Auburn. I was as surprised as you.

Well, for his part Herbstreet has said that he thought he would be in Auburn and that it wasn't his decision. The topic has come up in a few of the ESPN chats, so maybe whoever makes the decision will see they chose poorly this time.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=12878

Flash: Birmingham, AL: Kirk, why didn't the gameday crew go to Auburn this weekend. #3 vs. #6, no other match-up with that kind of billing, is there?

Kirk Herbstreit: (3:29 PM ET ) Absolutely not. That's a great question and I wish I had the answer for it. Chris, Lee and I don't make the decision on where we go. We get a call, typically on Sunday or Monday and they let us know where we're going. Rest assured that when the three of us left Austin, TX last week, that we were all assuming that we'd meet up again at Auburn. I was as surprised as you.

Not so fast my friend! The company that signs your paycheck is a good hint. C'mon sweetheart don't yank our chain.

Archived