Game Day

aubrandon

I am not trying to flame here at all.

But does AU have a good place for Gameday? I guess the BEMC parking lot is the best spot? ESPN may take that into consideration...

AU/LSU is the best game in the nation this week, though. IMO.

When they came in '04 for the UGA game they set up in the grassy area between BEMC and Jordan-Hare.

Ahhh, I gotcha.

I had forgotten (still don't remember) them coming for the 04 :uga: game so that explains why I didn't know.

They have been following the game that hold the 8 PM time slot on abc. Next week that would be USC and Nebraska. In short..they won't be coming to Auburn anytime soon.

they already went to ga tech to cover the ND game. I don't think they go there. I know they are completely obsessed with ND but it's not the best game of the week.

The last time they came was Georgia in 04 but they had announced they were going to auburn but could not because one of the huricanes was comming through alabama and they could not set up early enough.

does anyone know of the place that they announce it?

collegefootballgameday.com which is where the previously announced it dosent work.

it worked for me earlier

Gameday will have to go to the ABC game of the week because Kirk is working the booth this year.

so they're going to the USC game? doesn't seem very fair to teams without an ABC contract. I'm sure they could have kirk live from where ever he is that week.

http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl.../091006aaa.html

According to the last sentence, Gameday will be at USC.

Thats crap!!!!!!! No respect just another reason for Au to go out and take care of buisness

GameDay is no longer about the best game or atmosphere. It is about ESPN making money and keeping it in house. ABC has the 8pm USC game.

I expect very limited coverage for the SEC this year on GameDay. Now I do expect there to be a segment or two on LSU/AU as ESPN was on campus doing interviews.

Also how many times will they be at USC? NOV 25 Notre Dame comes to town and is already the 8pm ABC game

Notre Dame Michigan State next week see if the trend continues...

ESPN reaches about 91 million households. CBS reaches 111 million.

Gameday lasts for 1 hour. Our game will last for 3 hours.

ABC has regional coverage for their afternoon games. SEC games are nationwide.

OK, so CBS doesnt have an ESPN to do a 1-hour commercial for their weekly matchup ... but it all evens out in the end.

Remember, the SEC is in bed with CBS. You cant expect the ABC/ESPN/Disney conglomeration to promote their competitor.

Look, as long as the SEC has a contract with CBS, we will continue to be screwed. The major player at this time in college football is ABC, who happens to own espn. Pac10, Big 10, and Big 12 all have contracts with ABC. Now that Miami, V Tech, and BC are in the acc, watch for espn to put more of their games in the Saturday primetime slot. The way I see it, the sec is on the outside looking in. CTT spoke his mind and it was true. ABC/epsn did not like it and this is their way of showing who is the king of college football networks. Only time will tell what happens since FOX is getting the bcs contract. Fox network is probably getting ready to start showing good name teams in primetime but that may be 2 or more years down the road.

I have been very displeased with the coverage of Auburn on ESPN this year. I do believe that if they tried a little harder I could get some information on what Ohio State and Notre Dame are up to.

I think Fox Sports is the only hope for breaking the ESPN juggernaut. Getting the BCS is big. Now if they'd upgrade the production values for FSN and invest seriously in reporting and competing with ESPN's Gameday thing, I think things could get interesting.

This is crap. College Gameday used to be pretty cool. They would go to the weeks biggest game but would also spread the wealth as they wouldn't normally return to the same school in the same year. If they were to come to Auburn, ESPN would have a ton more coverage than just the two hours in the morning. They come on later at night during sportscenter and then again on gameday final. We lose a lot of press on this. There are two SEC games that are much bigger than USC-Nebraska.

Archived