Video of WSU fan takling inflatable Aubie

aulax1

I found this, courtesy of our new-found friends at Washington State.

My brother owns the Aubie that got tackled by the Coug fan on YT... Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so here is the rest of the story....

I ran across this video yesterday while looking for the new opening video that's on the Jumbotron before the game on Youtube. Since that's our tailgate spot and I am partial owner of the Aubie and he spends his winters lodging in my attic I found it quite humorous to see the video of his destruction floating around the internet. A co-worker of mine I showed the video too yesterday mentioned today that he saw the video mentioned in several AU forums and I thought I would take a look. I'll let you guys in on "the rest of the story"...

It actually took us a minute to realized what had happened. I heard a strange ripping sound, which was the sound of the seams of the inflatable Aubie ripping when the guy, apparently named "Jasper" which just so happens to be the same name of the town my grandparents live in, tackled him. I heard tons-of-fun get up yelling "What the **** man!" and finally pieced two and two together as I saw our prized inflatable possession laying in a heap upon the grass. We have had small kids come up and mock-box with Aubie, he's been pelted with footballs and peed on by stray dogs, but never before has he had to absorb that amount of kinetic energy that a running overweight drunk guy can deliver.

Now if you look closely at the video you will notice something only a trained eye with a bit of knowledge of the situation would be able to tell. Directly behind our Aubie was our Honda EU1000i Whisper quiet generator. It's a wonderful generator and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a generator that's so quiet that it can't be heard when sitting beside it. Absolutely perfect for tailgating... but I digress. That you see if you look closely at the video is that Jasper's body is traveling in the beginning at a certain trajectory and suddenly as he passes through the inflatable Aubie he violently spins to the left. What could cause a human flying traveling through the air at a given velocity to suddenly spin in the air in such a manner as our good friend Jasper? Some of you may have already guessed but what caused that was Jasper's face making contact with the generator. Score one point for Karma.

The elder statesman of our group chased Jasper down and gingerly grabbed him by the scruff of the neck with one hand and with perfect balance only years of tailgating can develop held a full Negro Modello in the other without spilling and ounce. We had a very civil conversation with the fellow discussing the current events which unfolded before us. The cops came over and were ready to arrest Jasper for the destruction of our property. Yes, Jasper's tumble with Aubie ripped a sizeable hole in Aubie's side and his future looked bleak indeed. We eventually decided to let the poor SoB go if he would repay us for the destruction of our beloved Aubie. His buddy forked over $60 bones and they went on their way and we went on ours.

Archived