holy espn

auwallace

nevermind, just about the whiny corndogs not getting any respect, i hope our boys really give them something to cry about

I say we do a finebaum on em. Don't read em...don't watch game day...don't care what they say. Just watch the good games that are on there...and that's it. And i'm going to boycott their sponsors.

(Was it over when the German's bombed Pearl Harbor???!!!)

:au::homer:

Actually last night they coverd the AU/LSU game in a sidebar segment. They also picked the top 3 games to watch Sat.

AU and LSU

Notre Dame and Mich

UT and UF.

I was shocked

Actually last night they coverd the AU/LSU game in a sidebar segment. They also picked the top 3 games to watch Sat.

AU and LSU

Notre Dame and Mich

UT and UF.

I was shocked

Yeah, and today Woody and Skip made their picks for the biggest 10 or so games and stated that AU/LSU was going to be "one of the most intense games to take place all season" and both picked Auburn.

Jay asked if they had to watch one game which would it be, and Woody and Skip kind of avoided the question by saying something like "I'm gonna watch each and every one", but then Jay said "That Auburn LSU game is gonna be something else (then probably realizing his paycheck might be at risk, said) ...And USC/Nebraska will be good too."

Germans? Pearl Harbor? Are you being serious or not? I hope not! :no:

AU and LSU

Notre Dame and Mich

UT and UF.

I was shocked

Yeah, and today Woody and Skip made their picks for the biggest 10 or so games and stated that AU/LSU was going to be "one of the most intense games to take place all season" and both picked Auburn.

Jay asked if they had to watch one game which would it be, and Woody and Skip kind of avoided the question by saying something like "I'm gonna watch each and every one", but then Jay said "That Auburn LSU game is gonna be something else (then probably realizing his paycheck might be at risk, said) ...And USC/Nebraska will be good too."

Yeah, I saw that too. I never watch that Cold Pizza because I think it is lame, but as I was flipping channels, they happened to be making those picks when I came across it.

For what seems like the last couple of days, everytime I have went to ESPN.com, we have been on the front page, but there was a different picture of us or LSU each time. They are admitting it is the biggest game of the weekend.

Dude...Animal House.

Actually I am a dudette, and I never saw Animal House. So the reference just went over my head. :big:

Anyone notice the section where you can as kirk a question here is one of interest to us.

Flash: Birmingham, AL: Kirk, why didn't the gameday crew go to Auburn this weekend. #3 vs. #6, no other match-up with that kind of billing, is there?

SportsNation Kirk Herbstreit: (3:29 PM ET ) Absolutely not. That's a great question and I wish I had the answer for it. Chris, Lee and I don't make the decision on where we go. We get a call, typically on Sunday or Monday and they let us know where we're going. Rest assured that when the three of us left Austin, TX last week, that we were all assuming that we'd meet up again at Auburn. I was as surprised as you.

Kind of sums it up Auburn vs LSU is top show in town, but we already knew that. B)

Dude...Animal House.

Actually I am a dudette, and I never saw Animal House. So the reference just went over my head. :big:

Dudette...you owe it to yourself to watch Animal House.

That is what dear hubby says! He laughs uncontrollaby whenever he watches it. B)

Anyone notice the section where you can as kirk a question here is one of interest to us.

Flash: Birmingham, AL: Kirk, why didn't the gameday crew go to Auburn this weekend. #3 vs. #6, no other match-up with that kind of billing, is there?

SportsNation Kirk Herbstreit: (3:29 PM ET ) Absolutely not. That's a great question and I wish I had the answer for it. Chris, Lee and I don't make the decision on where we go. We get a call, typically on Sunday or Monday and they let us know where we're going. Rest assured that when the three of us left Austin, TX last week, that we were all assuming that we'd meet up again at Auburn. I was as surprised as you.

Kind of sums it up Auburn vs LSU is top show in town, but we already knew that. B)

i'm calling :bs: on this one, he knew good damn well where he was going

'Cause when the going gets tough...(Patriotic instrumental music) the tough get going! Who's with me?

Let's go! Come on! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :au:

There was also this:

Jon McShane Oxford, MS: Kirk, who do you think will come out on top of the Auburn/LSU game this weekend?

Kirk Herbstreit: (3:37 PM ET ) Well, I picked Auburn to win the SEC, so I think you can probably read between the lines as to who I think will win. I think the combo of Brandon Cox and Kenny Irons will be the difference in the game. That and the homefield advantage of Jordan-Hare. War Eagle!

There was also this:

Jon McShane Oxford, MS: Kirk, who do you think will come out on top of the Auburn/LSU game this weekend?

Kirk Herbstreit: (3:37 PM ET ) Well, I picked Auburn to win the SEC, so I think you can probably read between the lines as to who I think will win. I think the combo of Brandon Cox and Kenny Irons will be the difference in the game. That and the homefield advantage of Jordan-Hare. War Eagle!

i heard him on pondscum the other day saying that he didn't think auburn was as good as LSU or even florida for that matter. If he's pickin us for the home field advantage thats one thing but don't say its cause of cox and irons when you've already dissed our talent, i'm calling :bs: again.

ps- please everyone join me in a boycott of gameday since it is extremely obvious that they have no interest in promoting college football anymore.

Yep, He has missed the smell of Pete Carrols Asssssets.

Guest Tigrinum Major

That is what dear hubby says! He laughs uncontrollaby whenever he watches it. B)

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

(Just to clarify, you need to watch Animal House to understand this post. It is not meant as a personal insult, rather just another reference to one of the classic movies of our time, rivaling "Gone With The Wind", "Citizen Kane" and "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". And "Dazed and Confused." And possibly "Fast Times at Ridgemont High.")

Germans? Pearl Harbor? Are you being serious or not? I hope not! :no:

"Forget it. He's on a roll." :big:

Dude...Animal House.

TOGA TOGA TOGA

Of course he knew where he was going.......He's the color man for the ABC prime time broadcast. They are trying to act like they don't know that the days of Gameday at an SEC venue are no more. To have a show thats supposed to be centered around broadcasting from the weeks biggest and best gameday atmosphere's and no longer show at an SEC game is down right LAUGHABLE!! With Kirk doing the ABC broadcast Gameday will not be at an SEC game all year.

Of course he knew where he was going.......He's the color man for the ABC prime time broadcast. They are trying to act like they don't know that the days of Gameday at an SEC venue are no more. To have a show thats supposed to be centered around broadcasting from the weeks biggest and best gameday atmosphere's and no longer show at an SEC game is down right LAUGHABLE!! With Kirk doing the ABC broadcast Gameday will not be at an SEC game all year.

Oh yeah he knew, they would be in LA. I was more mentioning the props given to :au: / :lsu: about being the "GAME" of the weekend.

Archived