USC CHEATED IN 2004...

otterinbham

With the possibility of Reggie Bush accepting money and gifts, is there a possibility that Auburn could be National Champions? :au:

A little clarification. Would they go back two years and possibly award us the National Championship?

If they did make USC drop the Crystal (Which I think they should, Because He Was ON THAT TEAM PLAYING).........They could give it to Us or Okie.........If you still have any questions, just go ask a bammer fan Stat Tiger or someone that has the list of Fake NC's for bammer, it'll show you that bammer's first 3 or 4 national championships were given to them up to 10 years later. Just don't ask a bammer fan, because he'll start to get all Flustered while his ONE Brain cell tries to work up something to Snap back at ya. It's usually something like........AAAAhhhhhehwhhhhhwwwwwwTheBearAAAAhhhhhehwhhhhhwwwwww12nashienulchampieunsheps...........see, that's what's Burned into their minds as a baby, that's their first words, besides Pabst and OWWWWWW dat hurts Uncle Daddy Husband.............Oops, sorry. So yea, they could award us the Trophy, but they won't. Hell, they'll get off of this one too because the agents do that for Everybody :puke: .

nice post good to see you back swinging brother! I think this story is going to get ugly they are going to at least make them give up the MNC and bush will lose the Heisman and they will get heavy sanctions probally similar to Bammer! They have such a paper trail its going to be hard for even Usc to make this go away~

Since the MNC isn't doled out by the NCAA, there isn't really any way for it to be taken away and given to someone else. Do you think the media is going to punish their favorite team that way? I think not. And the BCS probably doesn't have any system in place for it either... especially since the BCS rankings stop before the game and don't run again after the bowls.

So in a nutshell, it ain't going to happen. Even if it did, they'd find some way to give it to Oklahoma.

What he said. The NCAA probably has no say about the BCS championship (it is not a NCAA NC because that does not exist).

The BCS will either vacate it. Reason being it would be hard to say who it goes too. Since Oklahoma was the second place team in the BCS standings before the game was played and since USC would have now should not have been playing in that game, that takes away Oklahoma's loss from USC. So some would say they should get it. Then you have those that would say it should go to the team that was #2 in the standings after the game was played and that was us, right? I can see the validity of both arguments. So, as you see there is still no clear cut way to award that, so my bet is that on one will be rewarded the BCS MNC.

Since the MNC isn't doled out by the NCAA, there isn't really any way for it to be taken away and given to someone else. Do you think the media is going to punish their favorite team that way? I think not. And the BCS probably doesn't have any system in place for it either... especially since the BCS rankings stop before the game and don't run again after the bowls.

So in a nutshell, it ain't going to happen. Even if it did, they'd find some way to give it to Oklahoma.

What he said. The NCAA probably has no say about the BCS championship (it is not a NCAA NC because that does not exist).

The BCS will either vacate it. Reason being it would be hard to say who it goes too. Since Oklahoma was the second place team in the BCS standings before the game was played and since USC would have now should not have been playing in that game, that takes away Oklahoma's loss from USC. So some would say they should get it. Then you have those that would say it should go to the team that was #2 in the standings after the game was played and that was us, right? I can see the validity of both arguments. So, as you see there is still no clear cut way to award that, so my bet is that on one will be rewarded the BCS MNC.

This is where is gets interesting. I believe the final poll had Auburn at number two.

GASP!

Its on ESPN.com!

I love the opening line int he article...

Reggie Bush and his family "appear" to have received more than $100,000 in financial benefits from marketing agents while Bush played at USC, according to a report posted Thursday night on Yahoo! Sports.

He "'appeared'" to have...

I guess they're just waiting for it all to go away so they can go back to loving their Trojans. Take that last part as crudely as you wish.

Well, as a former newspaper guy, I can tell say that is the standard way to write up any wrongdoing, whether you break NCAA rules or you stick up a gas station or commit massive investor fraud. You always have to use words such as "allegedly" or "appears" or "suspected" or "accused" or face a huge lawsuit.

Remember the bombing at the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta? In the first rush of investigation there was a security guard who was considered a person of interest in the case. So NBC's on-the-spot legal correspondent was some bimbo who was just way to eager to break the story. So she said, "This guy did it." Tom Brokaw tried to steer her on air, saying, "Don't you mean to say that the authorities strongly suspect this man?" So the bimbo says, "Oh, no. This guy did it." They quickly cut to a commercial, but the damage was already done. As a result, the guy sued both NBC and the Atlanta Constitution and won big time. So this rent-a-cop is now living in the lap of luxury.

That's why this kind of language is used. But, reading the article, it gets as close to certainty as possible without actually crossing the line.

Good for the rent -a - cop. My question though, is whether the SEC commissioner's office will get very vocal about this. Our member institutions have taken a beating in years past, and rightfully so. But, other schools like Ohio State get the proverbial slap on the wrist and the media sweeps it under the rug.

They'd just vacate it for the record books, like the SEC did w/ UF in 1984

("SEC Champion, 1984: vacated")

Don't we have a Sagarin-like economics professor geek willing to give us a retrospective MNC like Bama got from Sagarin in the late 70s, for 1942 and a couple others?

They have such a paper trail its going to be hard for even Usc to make this go away~

I'm trying to remember the trail that usc has left......Let's see..........

Using that Upscale Resturant, owned and operated by a Former usc player.....getting the recruits to sing the usc Fight Song, telling the recruits All about the University and telling them how they should Sign with them, which is a Big Recruiting Violation.....

Leinart's father paying for the $800 a Month apartment for his son And DJ.........

Bush's parents living in the $300,000 House or Condo of the agent that was trying to get Bush to sign with him........

Bush and his parents receiving Over $100,000........was that this past year or the past two years?........

And I'm pretty sure that there've been more Violations than these that's been swept under the rug at usc......I'll still be surprised if usc has to forfeit any games. Because of so much Sunshine being Pumped Up usc's arse by the Babbling Idiots on espn, they'll just spin this one off..........Again.

Archived