Tuberville quote after the game,,,,,,,,

Tigermike

"I am proud of our team, coaches and proud of our fans. Our fans deserve this. We have gone through some tough times. We fought a bad reputation over the last few years when we got here. We fought short handed. Our recruiting has gotten better, but we have done it the right way. We are going to continue to do it the right way. When you do it that way, it means a heck of a lot more. I think our fans know what I am talking about."

We sure do! I for one thank God and appreciate the way he has done it.

Simply put, Coach Tuberville is the best head coach and program leader in Auburn history. And we have had some great coaches in our past, but CTT makes us proud of our program on AND off the field.

I am with you on that one! CTT is Auburn.................. and I love it!

What tough times and bad reputation over the last few years? Fought Short handed?

Auburn has been doing some good things down there, I'm a little puzzled by those statements though.

What tough times and bad reputation over the last few years? Fought Short handed?

Auburn has been doing some good things down there, I'm a little puzzled by those statements though.

When CTT first came to AU, the talent level was low and their numbers were down. Down because of recruits not qualifying, quitting and some were run off by CTT.

There were also some things that rival recruiters were using against AU. Does SACS ring a bell? Recruiting has gotten better with each year.

They have done it the right way. I am not puzzled at all.

"I am proud of our team, coaches and proud of our fans. Our fans deserve this. We have gone through some tough times. We fought a bad reputation over the last few years when we got here. We fought short handed. Our recruiting has gotten better, but we have done it the right way. We are going to continue to do it the right way. When you do it that way, it means a heck of a lot more. I think our fans know what I am talking about."

Short handed refers to the two players CTT had the guts to punish plus the starter with the flu. Also two other starters were injured early in the game. I believe that would constitute short handed.

I am a huge CTT fan now but i had my doubts early on and he has proved me wrong!!!!!!!!

Is there any word on when they will be back?

sears is back this week i believe. i'm glad. i thought it was getting excessive. hope he's ready to work b/c he's got nfl talent.

I'm sure you are puzzled by the thought of a coach benching needed players for a big game due to disciplinary reasons.

I am a huge CTT fan now but i had my doubts early on and he has proved me wrong!!!!!!!!

Is there any word on when they will be back?

Blackmon still has a game or two to sit out

Kevin Sears will be back this week and says,

“It gave me a chance to learn my lesson and have time away from playing something I love to do,” Sears adds. “Any time you take something that somebody loves to do away from them they want it and they want it even more. I’m just hungry to be out there right now.

“I didn’t think I’d be too excited about Buffalo, but I’ve got to be now because I’m playing,” he adds.

“I’ve got to earn my spot back,” Sears explains. “It’s part of football. If you do something to mess up you’ve got to accept it, get out there and see what you can do.”

I don't think anyone can say Coach Tuberville didn't do what was right for the team and for the two individuals.

Short handed refers to the two players CTT had the guts to punish plus the starter with the flu. Also two other starters were injured early in the game. I believe that would constitute short handed.

No, I think he's going back farther than that. Remember that baseball player we tried to use as a QB back in '98 , '99? Now that's playing shorthanded. We also didn't even have a true running back...scat-backs were all we could muster. I remember those years all too well. We only beat bammer once in the four years I was at Auburn...rough times but the sun sure is bright these days.

No, I think he's going back farther than that. Remember that baseball player we tried to use as a QB back in '98 , '99? Now that's playing shorthanded. We also didn't even have a true running back...scat-backs were all we could muster. I remember those years all too well. We only beat bammer once in the four years I was at Auburn...rough times but the sun sure is bright these days.

I agree. I think he's talking about when CTT first got here and we had no depth at tailback as well as other skill positions. I remember an Iron Bowl not too long ago in which we beat Bama with a third string tailback and a TIGHTEND we had to use as a fullback for the game.

Have you ever wondered what would have happen if Tuberville had taken over Auburn after Dye left,instead of Bowden?

Have you ever wondered what would have happen if Tuberville had taken over Auburn after Dye left,instead of Bowden?

we wouldn't have won 20 straight

Archived