CORNDOGS!!!!!!!

WeagleDMS

While I don't care for the top part of the article(I'll give up my shaker when they pry it from my cold dead hand) the mailbag portion is hillarious!

Several people have e-mailed wanting to know why Auburn fans had corndogs at their tailgate last weekend. This is an excellent question. The answer, according to my friend Shanlever, is because many Auburn fans believe LSU fans smell like corndogs. This might be the funniest SEC insult I have ever heard. How would you respond if someone walked up to you and said, "Dude, you smell like a corndog." Exactly. That's why it is perfect.

LANK!

Well I'm a "CORNDOG" and if you asked me that I would knock your teeth out. Then I would look for your good ol' boy refs! LOL

Classy response there, bengal. Nothing like a good assault to make a man feel better.

Well I'm a "CORNDOG" and if you asked me that I would knock your teeth out. Then I would look for your good ol' boy refs! LOL

I guess you would be one of the 'coon ***** that 'moon' the players and their fans, throw full beer bottles at opponents and their fans (what a waste), or don't know how to read so one can interpret the NCAA rule book on pass interference (see below)! Ha! Ha! Just kidding!

Rule 7-3-9-C: Defensive players legally may contact opponents who have crossed the neutral zone if the opponents are not in a position to receive a catchable forward pass. Those infractions that occur during a down when a forward pass crosses the neutral zone are pass interference only if the receiver had the opportunity to receive a catchable forward pass.

Rule 2-19-4: A catchable forward pass is an untouched legal forward pass beyond the neutral zone to an eligible player who has a reasonable opportunity to catch the ball.

Or you can read the rules yourself at the following link: NCAA Football Rules 2006

As far as the ref's go, they blew their whistles way more than all the other SEC refs have done so far this year (the games I have seen at Auburn and on TV). My understanding, they were a new crew or fairly new (compared to Rocky Goode's crew, or one of the others, who have been around awhile). If you look at the replay of the game, there were just as many blown calls for and against LSU, as there were for or against Auburn. There were also 3 clipping penalties on LSU that were missed prior to all the other calls or no calls that supposedly occurred which the Corndogs say that were in favor of Auburn.

I think the refs made a mistake when the "6 men on the line of scrimmage" was called and they stopped the clock after we tackled the LSU receiver in bounds with 4.3 seconds left. We didn't get the opportunity to decline the penalty, nor did the clock keep running, thus ending the game like it should have. Even if the play made a first down, clock stops, then starts on refs whistle after the chains are set. Ultimately, the penalty was enforced, the clock should have began immediately on the refs whistle - LSU got a free shot at the end zone with the clock stopped and Russell threw to a receiver short of the goal line. The only time the clock stops is on a defensive penalty - not an offensivie penalty, escpecially if the play stops with a tackle in bounds!

Oh yeah, I guess the whistle blowing in the stands down in Baton Rouge that time should count as a missed call by the refs - an unsportsmanlike penalty against LSU, but no that was missed too by the refs, huh?!

I'll shut up now it was a great game - leave it at that! War Eagle! :au:

. it's pretty stupid in my opinion. <_< I give the gay little nickname ya'll gave us a :thumbsdown: .

If only it were just a nickname. The fact of the matter is that you and your stadium smell like a cross between a distillery and the county fair.

They would throw a flag on you. And there wouldn't be anyone to wave it off.

you're one of those virtual tough guys that inhabit teh internets

you're one of those virtual tough guys that inhabit teh internets

that ref didn't mean to wave the flag off, after he picked it up, he got a good whiff of the LSU fan section and couldn't help himself...

That wouldn't be nice. How would I chew my corndog? Would I then have to gum my victory cigar?

They would throw a flag on you. And there wouldn't be anyone to wave it off.

Damn, that one stings a bit.

Pretty good BS though.

Archived