More Holtz..

Ryan Sanders

Look Tigers..............

WHO CARES WHAT ESPN, LOU, MARK, CORSO, ect., ect., ect. says about AUBURN!

Kick ass! Take names! And win the games!

WE are the only ones who matter! WDE!

Look Tigers..............

WHO CARES WHAT ESPN, LOU, MARK, CORSO, ect., ect., ect. says about AUBURN!

Kick ass! Take names! And win the games!

WE are the only ones who matter! WDE!

Yeah, I am done worrying about ESPN or polls or anything. Let's win the SEC!!! WDE!

"In all fairness, Lou did say that if any team in the SEC went undefeated that there is no way they can be held out of the National Championship game."

That's EXACTLY what Herbstreit (w/ a vote) said before we played UGA in 2004. then when we won out he had all sorts of excuses why we should NOT be in the championship game. Like this year if Michigan wins out by beating Ohio State and USC wins out by beating Notre Dame they're NOT going to jump us?

All you guys who say "I'm through worrying about ESPN" or "just worry what we do on the field": in college football (w/ no playoff) the BCS poll (of which ESPN is a huge part) is the ONLY thing that matters. Polls ARE opinion and if you think all we need to do is win out w/out worrying about ESPN, reconsider how champions are "selected" in this sport. Opinion, opinion, opinion. It's how the national championship is DECIDED.

If you say "I'm taking my marbles and going home rather than fight the war of words w/ the media because the system is rotten", that gets you exactly what? Come on, get mad as hell as these hypocrits and lets see more :au: flags @ GameDay.

John Deere, I'm w/ you. Holtz was once an AMAZING motivational speaker (I heard him twice in the early '90s) and his 1978 Arkansas coaching job alone should put him in hallowed coaching lore. How far the great have fallen.

All you guys who say "I'm through worrying about ESPN" or "just worry what we do on the field": in college football (w/ no playoff) the BCS poll (of which ESPN is a huge part) is the ONLY thing that matters. Polls ARE opinion and if you think all we need to do is win out w/out worrying about ESPN, reconsider how champions are "selected" in this sport. Opinion, opinion, opinion. It's how the national championship is DECIDED.

If you say "I'm taking my marbles and going home rather than fight the war of words w/ the media because the system is rotten", that gets you exactly what? Come on, get mad as hell as these hypocrits and lets see more :au: flags @ GameDay.

Regardless of how mad we get or how many emails we send, it is still a fact that we do not control our own destiny. We thought we were playing the game the way it was supposed to be played by starting with a high pre-season ranking. Then we find out 3 weeks into the season that this year wins, losses, and SOS are not important....it's all about "style points," cool video highlight clips, and games that generate catch phrases like "A Comeback for the Ages."

We need to concentrate on things we CAN control, like winning the SEC, and make sure we don't mess those up.

I think its safe to say that Holtz is the only person on ESPN with an actual bias against auburn, stemming from CTT honest observations of him. Holtz said Auburn has no running game, probably because Auburn's running game is Holtz 4th string RB. Some of his comments are just plain ridiculous, and ESPN's management needs to take a hard look at Holtz's partisian style of analysis. You can only spin ND and the gamecocks' supposed greatness for so long.

I don't have a problem w/ corso and the rest of the guys. They may have their darlings, but in no way are their comments anti-auburn. Just because their opinions happen to favor another team doesn't mean they hate auburn and think our Tigers are a bad team. From their observations of this season so far, they are heistant to say Auburn is the #1 team in the nation, which is fine, they have every right to voice their non-partisian opinion. As the season plays out, and we beat up on the rest of the SEC, the real truth will emerge.

Archived